Incoming Call issue (Workaround)

nokturnihs

Reaction score
So 2.3 IS ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS - I've got much greater performance and far less bugs than 2.1 or 2.0 and I'm really digging some of the new options.

Okay so some people (me included) found the bug with the incoming call screen being off-center, clipped in the middle, or scrunched up over the side.

This obviously isn't a perfect fix but I installed the RedmanX Urban theme and it's seemed to have cleaned this up.

I have previously not installed the Urban themes but after trying this I really am finding it kinda nice. It's got a huge array of colors in the icons and I'm normally looking for a sleeker, minimalist (and dark) look - I was using Red Glass for 2.1 prior to 2.3. Pro's: Animations awesome, fixed call screen bug, nice emoticons/icons. Cons: Crazy colors that don't really follow a particular theme.

I'll check out RedmanX's other themes, hope they have the skippy as others.

Anyway, Yeah. Download a theme. Fixes the issue.

Zomb!e

Reaction score
Hopefully a themer/dev can find a more permanent fix. I like the stock theme. Thanks for the info. The incoming call screen is starting to bug me.

Might just have to flash a theme if someone ports one to the INC.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

OP
N

nokturnihs

Reaction score
Try RedmanX's Urban Theme. It's what worked for me.

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I just noticed this this morning (yep, I'm slow). I'll make sure I at least attemtpt to fix it with my themes. Could be over my pay grade though..lol

bp328i

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
A new NexTheme zip will be uploaded tonight with it fixed!!! :)

atcjeff

Reaction score
Opps, it sent a blank reply when I opened my keyboard. Sorry

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

atcjeff

Reaction score
There is also an app called easy answer that is free from the market that replaces the answer slider completely with 2 large buttons. Answer and Decline. Just press to answer. I have mine set to a 1/2 second long press to answer to avoid answering or hanging up while I pull it out of my pocket. If u like the stock 2.3 like I do its a good fix.

DeeMat

Reaction score
Agree, R3DS urban theme seems to have fixed it. And the animations he ported are awesome!

eclsnowman

Reaction score
any fix yet? without a theme?

I used jog_tab_bar_*** files in framework-res/res/drawable-hdpi that were the correct width. RedmanX has his urban theme for 2.3.0 that didn't have the problem. I chatted with him and he said jog_tab_bar_*** files were the key.

Redmans were 168x138 but some of blackdroids were 84x138.

If you know how to push files you could do it

Or you can can pull blackdroid's stock 2.3.0 framework out then replace the images with the ones from my theme then update.zip it with this.

Here are my jog_tab files (ps they are all blank images because I don't use them in my theme, note this is not an update.zip) : Jog_Tab.zip

c_hale22

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
any fix yet? without a theme?

I used jog_tab_bar_*** files in framework-res/res/drawable-hdpi that were the correct width. RedmanX has his urban theme for 2.3.0 that didn't have the problem. I chatted with him and he said jog_tab_bar_*** files were the key.

Redmans were 168x138 but some of blackdroids were 84x138.

If you know how to push files you could do it

Or you can can pull blackdroid's stock 2.3.0 framework out then replace the images with the ones from my theme then update.zip it with this.

Here are my jog_tab files (ps they are all blank images because I don't use them in my theme, note this is not an update.zip) : Jog_Tab.zip

thanks for the fix, works like a champ. I dont get a ton of calls but when I did get one it would drive me crazy.
All I did was to open up the framework-res.apk in 7.zip, throw you r jog_tab files in and then pushed it over. Nice work.