[Theme] Gingerbread for UD 2.5.0 - D1

OP
T

tjkriegel

Reaction score
Finally finished downloading and can start poking around. If I find any major changes that need to be made there should be a new theme update in the next day or 2... stay tuned!

hradek422

Reaction score
I found a couple problems. One minor, and one major change (in my opinion).

Minor one first, not a big deal. I didn't get the new dock bar in this update. I DID get the icons for my apps, but (for instance) the app drawer button is still the old one, and not the new one.

Major problem, is the lock screen while in landscape. The unlock button is pointing right when you need to go up with it, and it's also skewed off the right side of the screen. Same thing with sound. It is pointing left, when in needs to be pulled down.

That's all I see. Let me know when that is fixed so I can reload it to my phone. I'm keeping it on til then.

OP
T

tjkriegel

Reaction score
I found a couple problems. One minor, and one major change (in my opinion).

Minor one first, not a big deal. I didn't get the new dock bar in this update. I DID get the icons for my apps, but (for instance) the app drawer button is still the old one, and not the new one.

Major problem, is the lock screen while in landscape. The unlock button is pointing right when you need to go up with it, and it's also skewed off the right side of the screen. Same thing with sound. It is pointing left, when in needs to be pulled down.

That's all I see. Let me know when that is fixed so I can reload it to my phone. I'm keeping it on til then.

There is no launcher (dock) included in this theme, it is available in the market.

The landscape images I will include in the next update, thanks for the find.

Reaction score
Great to see it's looking like how I tried to theme it before, flashing it very soon.

Thanks for releasing it!

alwayshalfway

Reaction score
Am I doing something wrong? The Gingerbread green isn't showing on anything? I just get an FC in UD settings

EDIT: GOT IT!

Last edited:

dodgersrgood

Reaction score
Can you theme the google talk icon and make it green to match the rest of the theme ?

Edit: guess I shoulda installed it first.. Sweet theme!

Last edited:

skltr21

Reaction score
the nextheme for ud 2.5 has some pretty amazing window animations added to the theme. what are the odds you can add those to this theme??? they are really cool!

jbrock98

Reaction score
I dunno what's up but what exactly did that gingerbread xml do? I didn't notice a change, I can't see my text message when one comes thru other than just my icon, among my email etc etc, so just wondering if the xml didn't get applied correctly or if that's what its supposed to do, black the text against black background

OP
T

tjkriegel

Reaction score
I dunno what's up but what exactly did that gingerbread xml do? I didn't notice a change, I can't see my text message when one comes thru other than just my icon, among my email etc etc, so just wondering if the xml didn't get applied correctly or if that's what its supposed to do, black the text against black background

Where is your black on black occurring exactly? If you're talking in the status bar just make sure your ticker is set to white.

TexasRules777

Reaction score
Hey Tj love this theme on my 2.5 and i know this thread is probably long dead but on the off chance your still suscribed is there a way to edit the progress bar from default yellow/orange to gingerbread green?

milkman dan

Reaction score
Thanks for this. I like the look of gb and the stability/battery life of froyo.

I'm a bit OCD. This seems to be missing a few icons like the statusbar new gmail icon and the market download complete icon. Any chance this could get updated to include these items? Or is there a guide I could follow to do it on my own?

Thanks

Mmd.