If you are having weak signal issues...

ice456789

Reaction score
Just another write up based on the same tweet from Verizon.

No matter how many tech sites write about it, we still only have one tweet from one Verizon person saying that it is being 'investigated'. I hate to be a wet blanket, but none of that tweet is confirmation that 4.0.3 will have a fix for the radio. I sure as heck hope it does, but I haven't seen anything linking them or giving any kind of time frame. The only thing confirmed so far is that they are investigating it and developing an update. I'm just trying to create realistic expectations for myself. Feel free to ignore me and my wet blanket. :)

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just another write up based on the same tweet from Verizon.

No matter how many tech sites write about it, we still only have one tweet from one Verizon person saying that it is being 'investigated'. I hate to be a wet blanket, but none of that tweet is confirmation that 4.0.3 will have a fix for the radio. I sure as heck hope it does, but I haven't seen anything linking them or giving any kind of time frame. The only thing confirmed so far is that they are investigating it and developing an update. I'm just trying to create realistic expectations for myself. Feel free to ignore me and my wet blanket. :)

I agree - it's nice to hear them acknowledge something, but their verbiage still leaves it open for them to say "nah, we think it's user error." :)

Nick D

Reaction score
I just received my phone today and I am trying to get it set up now. I do love the phone, it is beautiful. I will say that I am not exactly happy with my 3G signal. My wife has a TB and I was testing them side by side. I was disappointed in the results. I loaded up the app market and every time, her phone was faster, by a good margin. I even tried a few web pages & again, her's is faster. I don't live in a 4G area, so I can't test that just yet. What is a good signal number? Is higher better or lower? I know that sounds like a stupid question but want to make sure. My signal strength is -93dBm 2asu. I even changed the setting to CDMA and her phone is still faster. Now mind you, this is light years faster than my OG but like I said, I am disappointed that my wife's phone is faster.

kparks

Reaction score
I just received my phone today and I am trying to get it set up now. I do love the phone, it is beautiful. I will say that I am not exactly happy with my 3G signal. My wife has a TB and I was testing them side by side. I was disappointed in the results. I loaded up the app market and every time, her phone was faster, by a good margin. I even tried a few web pages & again, her's is faster. I don't live in a 4G area, so I can't test that just yet. What is a good signal number? Is higher better or lower? I know that sounds like a stupid question but want to make sure. My signal strength is -93dBm 2asu. I even changed the setting to CDMA and her phone is still faster. Now mind you, this is light years faster than my OG but like I said, I am disappointed that my wife's phone is faster.

-80 is way way better than say -102dbm.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Higher is better, but you're looking at a negative number, so when you look at it, the lower the number the better.

-70 is good, -110 is bad.

rdgxray

Reaction score
I have the bionic and after the update, signal is better. Drops are very few. Hopefully they can fix the nexus too. It took 3 months though.

lazarus2297

Reaction score
i have an OG at the house and it consistently pulls 7-10 dB's higher than my Gnex

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Been trolling this forum for awhile now...1st post, though. Don't have a nexus yet but it's coming soon.

Anyway, I am by no means an expert on this stuff, but just found this post on one of my favorite sites for tech news/reviews.

Investigating the Galaxy Nexus LTE Signal Issue

Interesting. The article definitely makes me understand why we're seeing such different results between users and it also shows that ICS is really the first Android operating system to properly show LTE signal strength.

MrKleen

Reaction score
This moron went through all that testing to say there was no issue.

I would be willing to bet he is next to a tower and has good signal to work with.

How does his study explain how many of us drop signal completely along with calls?

I dont compare bars but i do compare dBm numbers. How does he explain -140 dBm on my Nexus while my Thunderbolt is in the 90's?

He is probably a teenager.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
This moron went through all that testing to say there was no issue.

I would be willing to bet he is next to a tower and has good signal to work with.

How does his study explain how many of us drop signal completely along with calls?

I dont compare bars but i do compare dBm numbers. How does he explain -140 dBm on my Nexus while my Thunderbolt is in the 90's?

He is probably a teenager.

A lot of false assumptions there...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk