If you are having weak signal issues...

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
If you are one of the many who are suffering with very weak signal issues you may want to call VZW. I just got off the phone with them and it was immediately moved to Level 2 tech support. This is a known issue and apparently Samsung is telling VZW to have their customers get an exchange where they purchased. They want the phones with bad reception back so they can examine them and possibly determine what the issue is.

Just an FYI

EDIT:

Even though you are reading it here I would still go through the proper channels and call VZW yourself. So that way it is noted on your account and you aren't just going into VZW or your retailer and say "some guy on a forum I am on said".

Last edited:

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Wow that's a biggie. Thanks for posting this for us.

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Just curious, why would Samsung(who builds the phone) need customers to return their's so they can test them? They can open up a shipment in house and test them for signal issues.

OP
Garemlin

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
Just curious, why would Samsung(who builds the phone) need customers to return their's so they can test them? They can open up a shipment in house and test them for signal issues.

I am just going by what I was told. My guess is they want to test ones that already are known to have reception issues rather than do random test on a bunch of different ones.

droidtom

Reaction score
I called today too and they didn't seem to know anything of this. I've read signal was better before the update so that would indicate it could be fixed by sw update. It does seem to perform awfully well for reporting low signal too.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

OP
Garemlin

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
whats considered weak? in db? my room has a weak 4g signal other places it better..

Weak= dial-up speeds or no data at all when you could normally get it on another device.

My issues are I am barely getting a signal at home when I was getting a full signal with my other devices. And when I have it switched to CDMA/LTE in a 3G area I get no data at all.

Sectime

Reaction score
I called today too and they didn't seem to know anything of this. I've read signal was better before the update so that would indicate it could be fixed by sw update. It does seem to perform awfully well for reporting low signal too.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
All posts I have read have referenced number of bars as low signal. Could people start reporting signal in db, maybe a pattern will show up.

Sectime

Reaction score
Are you kidding?? break open many sealed boxes to find a few, maybe be none. This issue might not show up until phone is activated etc.

OP
Garemlin

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
All posts I have read have referenced number of bars as low signal. Could people start reporting signal in db, maybe a pattern will show up.

At this moment I am showing a -120 dBm

kaboyd

Reaction score
I've spoken to VZW twice about my nexus. The one my girlfriend has consistently has 2 bars of 4G while mine has 1 bar of 3G sitting right next to her. Each time I called I was basically blown off by being told I'm in a congested area and our signal may come and go (which is bs. I live in the outskirts of our city, and have acres between neighbors). Every time I suggest my phone is defective they quickly say it's not possible since I do have 4G sometimes. Dealing with VZW over this problem has been the single most aggravating experience I've had with this company to date

Edit: I forgot. -118db to 130db+
Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

Last edited:

smokiedabong

Reaction score
In my house Nexus has two lines and Motorola has three lines but it's actually -88dB on Moto and -89dB on Nexus, sneaky Motorola.

INCREMENTAL

Reaction score
Mine is bouncing between -93 and -100

Sent from Galaxy Nexy Sexy using DroidForums :)

hollowbox

Reaction score
Right now im -83......usually between -75 and -89.....just slightly better than my og droid