weak signal acknowledged

rjcapp

Reaction score
Verizon Wireless Confirms Galaxy Nexus Signal Problems | News & Opinion | PCMag.com

do a search on nexus weak signal and you will find various articles

Verizon Wireless today confirmed that its LTE version of the Samsung Galaxy Nexus suffers from signal strength problems, pledging to fix them through a software update.Confirmation is coming through numerous posts on Verizon's @VZWSupport Twitter account, where Verizon staffers are fending off the complaints of Galaxy Nexus owners with weak 3G or 4G reception.
"We do not have an ETA for the fix on this yet, but I do know we are engaged in this issue and it's heavily being looked at," one message says."
"A fix for this issue is under review & will be included in the first post launch maintenance release SW for this device," another tweet reads.

The support account seems to also be actively looking for more users with weak signal strength. "It's a great phone & I don't want u to have to return. What kind of signal do u get on your Nexus? Is it for data & calls?" it tweeted to a dissatisfied customer.
PCMag found signal and call quality problems during our review of the Galaxy Nexus, one of the factors which led us to rate the phone half a star lower than the competing Motorola Droid Razr, even though the Nexus has superior software. Some other reviewers found similar problems; some didn't.
If the problem is solvable through software, it may have to do with interaction with particular models or setups of Verizon's tower equipment, as we've occasionally seen before. If the software update makes a real difference, we'll re-test and possibly re-rate the phone.
The Galaxy Nexus is the first phone to run Android 4.0 "Ice Cream Sandwich." While its hardware isn't extraordinary, the new OS has gotten excellent reviews for its smooth user interface. As many manufacturers and carriers are having trouble saying whether their existing models will get ICS updates, early adopters looking for the latest version of Android are intensely interested in the Galaxy Nexus.

movieman999

Reaction score
I suppose the only question is how long it will take. Let's face it, Verizon is as fast at releasing software updates as they are for releasing Nexus phones. ;)

At least we'll get a fix, though.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

nleksan

Reaction score
How are those of us with signal issues going to be able to download an OTA update? Sounds like typical Verizon thought-process.... ;)

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
How are those of us with signal issues going to be able to download an OTA update? Sounds like typical Verizon thought-process.... ;)
go into verizon store, borrow their full signal and download OTA there:D

loki993

Reaction score
Wouldnt something like signal be more hardware then software? Seems like a poor radio. My blackberry tour and bold both had weak signal issues. updates or different radio files helped a little bit sometimes, but never much.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Software optimizations have proved to result in extremely impressive improvements in cell signal, just check out the Bionic forum since it's signal software update.