HTC Thunderbolt or IPhone 4 ?

islanddroid

Reaction score
Okay, I know this is the "Droid Forum" but I would like your honest opinion. My upgrade is available and I can't decide between the Thunderbolt or the IPhone. Sure, neither is available but I would appreciate your views. Thanks in advance for your time.

FYI... I am currently using a Storm 1 so anything will be a major improvement!

Reaction score
I'm going to be honest here. The iPhone is one hell of a device. The apps are amazing for it and it just "works". However, I would suggest the Thunderbolt because the specs are higher, it has 4g, and mainly just because it's Android. Being able to install any app you want, even one you created, be able to root, rom, hack, and all that goodness is awesome. Sure, you can jailbreak but you can't change near as much stuff. Just my $.02

Sent from my iPod Touch using Tapatalk

Sweet Daddy

Reaction score
I'm going to be honest here. The iPhone is one hell of a device. The apps are amazing for it and it just "works". However, I would suggest the Thunderbolt because the specs are higher, it has 4g, and mainly just because it's Android. Being able to install any app you want, even one you created, be able to root, rom, hack, and all that goodness is awesome. Sure, you can jailbreak but you can't change near as much stuff. Just my $.02

Sent from my iPod Touch using Tapatalk

I wholeheartedly concur with EVERYTHING that was just said!

r314bd

Reaction score
I highly doubt you will find anyone on this forum who would recommend the iPhone over the Thunderbolt

OP
I

islanddroid

Reaction score
Extra FYI... I live in BFE and will probably see LTE sometime in 2015. If there is extra cost for 4G that I can't utilize, is it worth it?

Thanks for the quick replies, I appreciate it.

Desicrator

Reaction score
Will Thunderbolt boot loader be locked?

I know its HTC but wanna confirm

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I highly doubt you will find anyone on this forum who would recommend the iPhone over the Thunderbolt

..except czerdrill and UNC... ;)

Neither. Droid Bionic.

at the least, i would suggest trying to hold out until the Bionic is released. (you can always test out the at&t Atrix, which is essentially the same phone, to see how you like it and whether it's worth waiting for.) while the TBolt looks to be a great phone, it is still a single core, as is the iphone4. the dual core phones are going to start droppin in pretty short order, and i would imagine that HTC has a dual core phone coming soon on the heels of the TBolt.

also, rumor has it that the iphone5 is coming in the summer, and will also be dual core.

and if that isn't enough, Tegra is set to announce in Feb that it's T3 chip (triple core) is ready to be integrated into phones, and we might start seeing some of those yet this year.

all in all, we are on the cusp of seeing some amazing, extremely powerful phones become available. personally, i would hold out for a little while longer (if you can stand to stay with a BB that long ;)).

daddyshatch

Reaction score
Easy. Thunderbolt.

Don't get me wrong Apple are pioneers in all reality but they are being left behind due to their limitations and red tape. I know a lot of people will disagree but they are really not good phones. I know quite a few people with them and they drop calls like you wouldn't beleive. Maybe the new tweaks for the Verizon model will solve some of those problems but I had att and used a Blackberry-never dropped calls. I also had an iphone with att and it was garbage.

I was walking in the mall in front of some chick last week talking on her iphone4 and she was telling the other person on the phone how much of a peice the phone was.. as she put it the phone was great for text and internet just don't try to actually talk on it! No thanks!

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Will your city be 4g capable first of all? If not, then there really is no point in getting the Thunderbolt, imo.

I'm not going to lie, the iPhone is one hell of a device. Is it the device for me? No it's not, otherwise I would've stuck with AT&T. I like to think of it as a "dumb smartphone". It's got the great app support, but it definitely isn't as "free" as Android.

Have you checked out any other phones in the Droid lineup?

hogowner

Reaction score
the only thing that bothers me about the Thunderbolt or any Verizon 4g phone is that there may not be unlimited data plans like they have now for the 3g

leonozug

Reaction score
I would take ANY Android device over an Iphone. No question. Sure, an Iphone is a nice device, but it's not Android. I like the options Android gives you. So my vote is for the Thunderbolt. :)

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Okay, I know this is the "Droid Forum" but I would like your honest opinion. My upgrade is available and I can't decide between the Thunderbolt or the IPhone. Sure, neither is available but I would appreciate your views. Thanks in advance for your time.

FYI... I am currently using a Storm 1 so anything will be a major improvement!

We don't mind discussing it, but please post in the proper area. It's not a Droid, it doesn't belong in General Discussion. Moved to HTC Thunderbolt area.

And you're right, anything would be a major improvement from the Storm.;)

smokiedabong

Reaction score
We don't mind discussing it, but please post in the proper area. It's not a Droid, it doesn't belong in General Discussion. Moved to HTC Thunderbolt area.

And you're right, anything would be a major improvement from the Storm.;)

It should be moved in the iPhone 4 section .