HTC Thunderbolt or IPhone 4 ?

Discussion in 'HTC ThunderBolt' started by islanddroid, Jan 23, 2011.

1. islanddroid

islanddroid New Member

Okay, I know this is the "Droid Forum" but I would like your honest opinion. My upgrade is available and I can't decide between the Thunderbolt or the IPhone. Sure, neither is available but I would appreciate your views. Thanks in advance for your time.

FYI... I am currently using a Storm 1 so anything will be a major improvement!
  2. You Aint Afraid Of Me

You Aint Afraid Of Me New Member

I'm going to be honest here. The iPhone is one hell of a device. The apps are amazing for it and it just "works". However, I would suggest the Thunderbolt because the specs are higher, it has 4g, and mainly just because it's Android. Being able to install any app you want, even one you created, be able to root, rom, hack, and all that goodness is awesome. Sure, you can jailbreak but you can't change near as much stuff. Just my $.02

Sent from my iPod Touch using Tapatalk
  3. Sweet Daddy

Sweet Daddy New Member

I wholeheartedly concur with EVERYTHING that was just said!
  4. r314bd

r314bd New Member

I highly doubt you will find anyone on this forum who would recommend the iPhone over the Thunderbolt
  5. islanddroid

islanddroid New Member

Extra FYI... I live in BFE and will probably see LTE sometime in 2015. If there is extra cost for 4G that I can't utilize, is it worth it?

Thanks for the quick replies, I appreciate it.
  6. captaincanada84

captaincanada84 New Member

Thunderbolt...without a doubt. Dont bother with the iCrap.
  7. Desicrator

Desicrator New Member

Will Thunderbolt boot loader be locked?

I know its HTC but wanna confirm

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App
  8. Elysian

Elysian New Member

Neither. Droid Bionic.
  9. huskerkate

huskerkate Premium Member Premium Member

..except czerdrill and UNC... ;)

at the least, i would suggest trying to hold out until the Bionic is released. (you can always test out the at&t Atrix, which is essentially the same phone, to see how you like it and whether it's worth waiting for.) while the TBolt looks to be a great phone, it is still a single core, as is the iphone4. the dual core phones are going to start droppin in pretty short order, and i would imagine that HTC has a dual core phone coming soon on the heels of the TBolt.

also, rumor has it that the iphone5 is coming in the summer, and will also be dual core.

and if that isn't enough, Tegra is set to announce in Feb that it's T3 chip (triple core) is ready to be integrated into phones, and we might start seeing some of those yet this year.

all in all, we are on the cusp of seeing some amazing, extremely powerful phones become available. personally, i would hold out for a little while longer (if you can stand to stay with a BB that long ;)).
  10. daddyshatch

daddyshatch New Member

Easy. Thunderbolt.

Don't get me wrong Apple are pioneers in all reality but they are being left behind due to their limitations and red tape. I know a lot of people will disagree but they are really not good phones. I know quite a few people with them and they drop calls like you wouldn't beleive. Maybe the new tweaks for the Verizon model will solve some of those problems but I had att and used a Blackberry-never dropped calls. I also had an iphone with att and it was garbage.

I was walking in the mall in front of some chick last week talking on her iphone4 and she was telling the other person on the phone how much of a peice the phone was.. as she put it the phone was great for text and internet just don't try to actually talk on it! No thanks!
  11. dezymond

dezymond Tech Support Mod Staff Member Premium Member

Will your city be 4g capable first of all? If not, then there really is no point in getting the Thunderbolt, imo.

I'm not going to lie, the iPhone is one hell of a device. Is it the device for me? No it's not, otherwise I would've stuck with AT&T. I like to think of it as a "dumb smartphone". It's got the great app support, but it definitely isn't as "free" as Android.

Have you checked out any other phones in the Droid lineup?
  12. hogowner

hogowner New Member

the only thing that bothers me about the Thunderbolt or any Verizon 4g phone is that there may not be unlimited data plans like they have now for the 3g
  13. leonozug

leonozug New Member

I would take ANY Android device over an Iphone. No question. Sure, an Iphone is a nice device, but it's not Android. I like the options Android gives you. So my vote is for the Thunderbolt. :)
  14. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

We don't mind discussing it, but please post in the proper area. It's not a Droid, it doesn't belong in General Discussion. Moved to HTC Thunderbolt area.

And you're right, anything would be a major improvement from the Storm.;)
  15. smokiedabong

smokiedabong New Member

It should be moved in the iPhone 4 section .
  16. Raptor007

Raptor007 New Member

Will HTC lock the bootloader, who knows for sure until it launches. The real question is ho long after launch will the bootloader and nand be broken, a few weeks or so.
  17. leonozug

leonozug New Member

I hope not, cause if I can have the option to run Miui on the Thunderbolt, I'd be sold!! I love flashing Roms on my Droid so if the Thunderbolt can, it would be awesome. dancedroid
  18. Jordan8

Jordan8 New Member

The iPhone 4 is alil dated, so I'd probably go with the thunderbolt. Now if it was the iphone 5, it'd be a different story.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App
  19. drpurp

drpurp New Member

I hope I don't resort to having to buy iJunk. I love Android, but I'm worried with carriers and manufacturers starting to screw up the Android experience. =(
  20. SouthFLGuy

SouthFLGuy New Member

Well to be honest here I don't agree with people calling the iPhone "iCrap" devices. The iPhones (and Apple products in general) are some of the best made, high quality products out there. I had an iPhone - 2 actually - years ago and I abandoned them to a Palm Pre and later an android phone. Not because of Apple, but because of AT&T! I love android - it's open, customizable, etc.. but Apple has polish. It's all give and take and what's important to you. Right now I'm considering whether to get an iPhone on Verizon because for me my biggest issue is battery life. My 4.3 inch screen on my Android device is KILLING me... Both camps are great and you really can't go wrong with Apple or HTC.
Search tags for this page

iphone 4 or droid thunderbolt net 10

thunderbolt vs iphone vs bionic