HTC Thunderbolt or IPhone 4 ?

Raptor007

Reaction score
Will HTC lock the bootloader, who knows for sure until it launches. The real question is ho long after launch will the bootloader and nand be broken, a few weeks or so.

leonozug

Reaction score
Will HTC lock the bootloader, who knows for sure until it launches. The real question is ho long after launch will the bootloader and nand be broken, a few weeks or so.

I hope not, cause if I can have the option to run Miui on the Thunderbolt, I'd be sold!! I love flashing Roms on my Droid so if the Thunderbolt can, it would be awesome. dancedroid

Jordan8

Reaction score
The iPhone 4 is alil dated, so I'd probably go with the thunderbolt. Now if it was the iphone 5, it'd be a different story.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

drpurp

Reaction score
I hope I don't resort to having to buy iJunk. I love Android, but I'm worried with carriers and manufacturers starting to screw up the Android experience. =(

SouthFLGuy

Reaction score
Well to be honest here I don't agree with people calling the iPhone "iCrap" devices. The iPhones (and Apple products in general) are some of the best made, high quality products out there. I had an iPhone - 2 actually - years ago and I abandoned them to a Palm Pre and later an android phone. Not because of Apple, but because of AT&T! I love android - it's open, customizable, etc.. but Apple has polish. It's all give and take and what's important to you. Right now I'm considering whether to get an iPhone on Verizon because for me my biggest issue is battery life. My 4.3 inch screen on my Android device is KILLING me... Both camps are great and you really can't go wrong with Apple or HTC.

Raptor007

Reaction score
Solid hardware, good engineering, industrial design, cold hearted, confining and always tracking where you go, who you talk to and you can't turn it off. I agree great hardware, and maybe not iCrap, but iBully done by iJobs.

I love my MacBook Air and my classic ipod, but I sold off all other apple hardware including their poorly made displays (OEM by Toshiba but their name is on them and they designed them), sold my iTouch, limited and controlled and sold our iPhone's AT&T was the big reason there and Apple didn't help much.

I was never considered a Fanboy for Apple, but I felt good about saying their hardware is top notch. To me personally I have seen the cracks in the facade, the tarnish on the silver and worst yet the controlling nature of MY PRODUCTS, I purchased them, I own them, I can do as I please with them. Once Apple/Jobs took their new path over the last year I really decided enough was enough.

My MBA is great for me, but I won't be buying any new apple hardware, give it to me for free, sure, but I won't spend MY money.

SouthFLGuy

Reaction score
Solid hardware, good engineering, industrial design, cold hearted, confining and always tracking where you go, who you talk to and you can't turn it off. I agree great hardware, and maybe not iCrap, but iBully done by iJobs.

I love my MacBook Air and my classic ipod, but I sold off all other apple hardware including their poorly made displays (OEM by Toshiba but their name is on them and they designed them), sold my iTouch, limited and controlled and sold our iPhone's AT&T was the big reason there and Apple didn't help much.

I was never considered a Fanboy for Apple, but I felt good about saying their hardware is top notch. To me personally I have seen the cracks in the facade, the tarnish on the silver and worst yet the controlling nature of MY PRODUCTS, I purchased them, I own them, I can do as I please with them. Once Apple/Jobs took their new path over the last year I really decided enough was enough.

My MBA is great for me, but I won't be buying any new apple hardware, give it to me for free, sure, but I won't spend MY money.

And I won't lay a hand on a Windows PC full of crapware. Everybody's priorities are different. ;-) Apple products just work and work well.

rlfitz

Reaction score
The real question is should you get the thunderbolt or the bionic.
If you are a teenage girl, or you are like Paris Hilton and want something trendy to go with your designer handbag and toy poodle then the Iphone is for you.

motty69

Reaction score
And I won't lay a hand on a Windows PC full of crapware. Everybody's priorities are different. ;-) Apple products just work and work well.

If you don't like crapware install the OS fresh, done. That's usually the first thing I do when I buy a new PC. Yes, it would be nice if it wasn't needed, but that crapware is one of the reasons that the hardware is so much lower priced than Apple hardware. Well, that and the ability to buy from mutiple vendors so there's some competition for your business.

I'll never tell someone how to spend their money, if you love Apple's hardware/business model and can afford it, more power to you. I for one can neither afford it or care for the way Apple does business or limits their users ability to use their hardware.

Sorry to the OP for veering off topic. Thunder, Thunder, Thunderbolt HO!:icon_ banana:

Last edited:

Raptor007

Reaction score

I find Windows 7 runs very well in Parallels 6 on my MacBook Air with 4GB of RAM. Smooth, no issues. I don't needs windows all the time but I can move back and forth without issue.

electric6

Reaction score
The TB will likely have sky high data prices, cap and tiers, and costs more than the iPhone. Great phone, but the bill attached to it is not worth it for me.

SouthFLGuy

Reaction score

If you don't like crapware install the OS fresh, done. That's usually the first thing I do when I buy a new PC. Yes, it would be nice if it wasn't needed, but that crapware is one of the reasons that the hardware is so much lower priced than Apple hardware. Well, that and the ability to buy from mutiple vendors so there's some competition for your business.

I'll never tell someone how to spend their money, if you love Apple's hardware/business model and can afford it, more power to you. I for one can neither afford it or care for the way Apple does business or limits their users ability to use their hardware.

Sorry to the OP for veering off topic. Thunder, Thunder, Thunderbolt HO!:icon_ banana:

Actually if you do a cost analysis you find that Apple bundles incredible software with their OS unlike PC manufacturers that give you trial versions. And let's not even get into security, viruses and durability. Comparing Snow Leopard to iOS is not fair because iOS is definitely restrictive in many ways. Snow Leopard is not in the least.

SouthFLGuy

Reaction score
If you are a teenage girl, or you are like Paris Hilton and want something trendy to go with your designer handbag and toy poodle then the Iphone is for you.

I take offense to that.. I'm neither a teenage girl, Parish Hilton or a toy poodle ;-)

rlfitz

Reaction score

I take offense to that.. I'm neither a teenage girl, Parish Hilton or a toy poodle ;-)

Ha. In that case the thunderbolt it is...