I'm trying to decide between this and an iPhone

Discussion in 'HTC ThunderBolt' started by EchoX860, Jun 15, 2011.

1. EchoX860

EchoX860 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I currently have an iTouch 4 so I'm pretty sure I know what the iPhone will deliver, but I'm still looking to see what the Thunderbolt will offer. I've gone so far as to google "Thunderbolt vs iPhone 4" among other things. Personally it seems that iOS is the cleaner OS compared to Android, it might just be the things I've seen which were mostly rooted phones.

Anybody with personal experiences of both would gladly be appreciated to share them

2. destin246

destin246 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Go to youtube and search it they have videos there

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

3. EchoX860

EchoX860 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I've done that.

4. brad92

brad92 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +17
    I have had both Android and ipod touch. While I have to say, the ipod/iphone is better hardware quality than my DROID X, the software can't compare. iOS really needs to be jailbroken to do half of what Android does.

Supposedly there is a way to run Android/Linux on iphones. If I knew it was 100% true, that's what I would do

sent from my ZombieStomped X

5. zwegan

zwegan Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Do you want a phone that supports the embedded video format that is pretty much the standard for the web? - Go Thunderbolt

#5 zwegan, Jun 15, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 15, 2011
  6. brad92

brad92 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +17
    Don't get me wrong, I love Android. Just not my locked bootloader Moto that's had tons of issues. I have it running good now on ZombieStomped 1.7, undervolted and more... stock it leaves tons to be desired.

sent from my ZombieStomped X

7. kjjb0204

kjjb0204 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have had both and have returned both. I needed a qwerty portrait device, but as far as a comparison, the tb wins for me hands down. Big screen, super fast. IPhone does give a seamless user experience, but unless you jailbreak it, it allows for only the basic customizations. You really can't go wrong either way if you choose what will fit your needs the best. Its a good choice to have.

Sent from my DROID Pro using Tapatalk

8. NeverEndingXsin

Ratings:
    +0
    I was in the same boat as you before i got my thunderbolt. The way i looked at it, thunderbolt has a MUCH larger screen which after you've been using it for a bit you'll never be able to look back. and the iphone, eh its an ipod touch with calling and texting. if you have an ipod touch then you dont really need an iphone. but thats just my opinion.

not to mention your iphone UI is going to look the same every single day.

9. DroidXDoes4G

DroidXDoes4G Member

Ratings:
    +3
    IMHO, any android powered smartphone beats an iPhone.

IPhones have so little freedom and customizability. Even if you jailbreak, android has more custom options.
    Most android phones also have better call quality and swype keyboard cant be matched. Plus it has the option to root and over clock, and SD card support. Some even have HDMI.

The only thing I can give to the iPhone is battery life. Then again, android phones can have extended batteries.

10. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +8
    Truthfully if you want the easiest device to work with and don't plan on rooting and such and you don't care about 4G then the iPhone.

But if you enjoy customization of your phone then the TB is a good bet. As a stand alone device I think it works well. The only issue, as mentioned before is the battery. It sucks a lot of juice.

Oh, and I don't think the iPhone has navigation. That would be a real downside there.

11. bdsullivan76

bdsullivan76 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The Iphone has navigation. Just without the vocal turn by turn directions.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

12. ktech11

ktech11 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The other big to consider when looking between Android and ios is voice command. You need 3 separate apps to do the built in voice commands in Android. Plus you get true multi- tasking
    Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums