Denied iPhone, Approved Thunderbolt!!!

gottaDROID

Reaction score
Just want to get this out there.

I've been having some issues with my Droid 2. I contacted Verizon and after a long talk with tech support they gave me the Early Upgrade option. So I figured i'll try the iPhone(don't ask)!! Anyways, after being on hold for a while the lady said that since my real early upgrade wasn't for a few months, they couldn't give me the iPhone. BUT...with the Thunderbolt being released soon they said I could upgrade to that, once its available. :)

Nonetheless, I'm EXTREMELY excited to be getting the Thunderbolt! :rockon:

DebDroid

Reaction score
Oh wow! That is awesome! I also briefly considered an iPhone. Then I came to my senses. LOL

I am so excited for the TB! I hope it comes out soon!

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
What's wrong with your D2?

And how much are you paying for the TB?

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock

LOL! Why Hook, that's the first time I've seen you get riled up over something like a person turning their back on the D2. :):)

It's not a slight on your phone, the guy just wants the newest and best. Chill buddy. :)

Edit/Correction: My mistake. The guy did say he was having issues with his D2, and your response was in regard to *what* issues, so it's perfectly reasonable. I need to get some glasses...

-Mike

Last edited:

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

LOL! Why Hook, that's the first time I've seen you get riled up over something like a person turning their back on the D2. :):)

It's not a slight on your phone, the guy just wants the newest and best. Chill buddy. :)

Edit/Correction: My mistake. The guy did say he was having issues with his D2, and your response was in regard to *what* issues, so it's perfectly reasonable. I need to get some glasses...

-Mike

i asked a question, I didn't get riled up or excited. Wow how you got that is beyond me. I guess I have to use an emoticon for anything I say.:)

OP
gottaDROID

gottaDROID

Reaction score

Sorry for the late response. Lately the D2 just been rebooting and freezing for no reason. It's not even rooted. I can only factory reset so many times.

Not sure if I even want the TB anymore either. The more we wait the more it makes me say no. But on the plus side my wife is letting me buy the Xoom! can't wait!

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock

-Mike

i asked a question, I didn't get riled up or excited. Wow how you got that is beyond me. I guess I have to use an emoticon for anything I say.:)

Naaah, just my 61 year old eyes misreading what the guy was saying. I took it that he was just dumping the D2 for the Thunderbolt AND that you were saying "What's wrong with the D2?" - becoming defensive. And I thought it was funny, because you're usually Mister Even Tempered. After my original post, I re-read the OP, realized I was way off base, and added an Edit saying I need glasses. :):)

-Mike

mich1248

Reaction score
DaBears....wants a thunderbolt but with all the delays for short battery life might make me change my mind...

Sent from my Galaxy Tab using DroidForums App

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock
DaBears....wants a thunderbolt but with all the delays for short battery life might make me change my mind...

The battery is an easy workaround. This is an HTC phone, and they're notorious for shipping their phones with lousy batteries. No big deal, pick up an extended battery and it will solve your problem. Trust me - been there/done that with my Droid Incredible. The Seidio 3500 extended battery for the Dinc *solved* the battery problem completely. I can go two or more days without charging, leaving the Dinc. on 24/7 - it's fantastic! I hope Seidio comes out with a similar extended battery for the Thunderbolt, cause I'm grabbing it in a heartbeat.

-Mike

fox_dye

Reaction score
Last I read this thing has an aluminum unibody which might make putting a beast of a battery like that in it a bit hard.

Sent from a galaxy far far away.......
follow me on twitter @fox_dye

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock
Last I read this thing has an aluminum unibody which might make putting a beast of a battery like that in it a bit hard.

Sent from a galaxy far far away.......
follow me on twitter @fox_dye

True, about the body, but that's not OUR problem. If Seidio releases a battery that is larger, they include a free extended battery door, and it's THEIR problem to work out the mechanics of making it fit.

-Mike

shortsxit

Reaction score

The battery is an easy workaround. This is an HTC phone, and they're notorious for shipping their phones with lousy batteries. No big deal, pick up an extended battery and it will solve your problem. Trust me - been there/done that with my Droid Incredible. The Seidio 3500 extended battery for the Dinc *solved* the battery problem completely. I can go two or more days without charging, leaving the Dinc. on 24/7 - it's fantastic! I hope Seidio comes out with a similar extended battery for the Thunderbolt, cause I'm grabbing it in a heartbeat.

-Mike

Does 2750 mAh work for you?
HTC Thunderbolt Extended Battery & Door Cover (2750 mAh)

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock

-Mike

Does 2750 mAh work for you?
HTC Thunderbolt Extended Battery & Door Cover (2750 mAh)

Better than nothing - Thanks! :):)

-Mike