Thunderbolt or iPhone 4?

Discussion in 'HTC ThunderBolt' started by The Droid Man, Feb 6, 2011.

1. patfactorx

patfactorx Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Yeah I use the GPS ALOT. easy choice

2. Raw Dodge

Raw Dodge Member

Ratings:
    +3
    Wow man,not much else to say...I stood in line this am to get my fiance an "upgrade" and i use that term loosely,since she had a droid incredible,shes had it exactly 14 hrs,and I think its going back to verizon....The iphone does do a few things better,but overall its very dated.You also need to have your pc with you,and use itunes for everything.Even downloading ringtones is a joke....its a very dependent device....I had my D1 for months and never had to plug into my pc....shes "synced" with her pc like 6 times today,its rediculous.We both have ipod touch 4th gens,Im much more impressed with the ipod than the iphone....Also the facetime on an iphone doesnt work without a wifi connection....so its no better than an ipod for facetiming....I can facetime on my ipod touch from the road off my Droid1s tether..no problem......Im not sure what all the hype over an iphone is about....but its very lacking in many areas...

3. Raw Dodge

Raw Dodge Member

Ratings:
    +3
    Having both an ipod touch and a droid,and using boths applications,I can say without a doubt that the android markets apps are better for me by far...the good apps are free with very little ads.Apple apps are loaded with ads,they pop up between screens,forcing you to click on them to continue,then press skip...very intrusive,and I end up using my droid,I get so frustrated with most apple apps...also where are apple text option apps?Cant find any,and most apps are in chinese,worth little to me.Last yr things were different,now the android market is better ,IMO....

4. en28so

en28so Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Iphone is boring. The only thing I like about it is netflix and that's it. The camera is fast too. But not enough to be better than the Thunderbolt.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

5. The Droid Man

The Droid Man New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ok quick question,

What is the size of the TB like?

I'm asking how "pocketable" it is compared to either the droid 1 or the iphone.

6. UNC

UNC Active Member

Ratings:
    +2

I'm not going to have to explain native vs VM code again am I?
    Sure the clock speed on the iPhone 4 is "only" 1ghz, but it uses that 1ghz much more effectively than android. This is why 2nd gen snapdragons are only equal to iPhone 3gs, even with much better specs.

I can dig around on this forum and find the chart that shows snapdragon vs....

7. The Droid Man

The Droid Man New Member

Ratings:
    +0

So how does the iP4 compare to the Thunderbolt?

8. Johnly

Johnly Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Depends what you are looking for. What are your top 20 needs in a smart phone?

9. UNC

UNC Active Member

Ratings:
    +2
    If you have 4g coverage now, I would give the TB the huge edge.
    That speed is too good to ignore. I take iPhone 4 over TB for 3g only coverage though.

I won't have 4g coverage until later in the year, and I'll pick up a Bionic or iPhone 5 then.

10. en28so

en28so Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Yeah whatever. Just don't try making a phone call on an iphone. All that processing power to do what? You can't even put a good keyboard on the iphone. Try finding SwiftKey keyboard on the app store. Iphone is nice, but boring like I said before. Even if you jailbreak it, it's still boring. Jada, jada, jada. My droid X is twice as fast as my friends 3gs btw.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

11. templetonryecy

Ratings:
    +0
    I could not care less about code.
    You said iPhone has more processing power. It doesn't. You didn't say it uses processing power more efficiently.
    I guess if I think about it hard though, I don't care about code or test scores or any of that other crap. I care about the performance I get when I use the device. And I've gotten better performance out of my D-Inc than I did in the brief time I had iPhone, and I also got a hell of a lot more functionality. How iOS doesn't come natively with turn-by-turn navigation or at least a semi decent notification system or even a concept like homescreen widgets is beyond me. The iPhone has a great looking build, a nice looking and extremely advanced capacitive touch screen, and a very, very, VERY boring OS that is predicated on limiting what the end user can do.

12. UNC

UNC Active Member

Ratings:
    +2
    That's funny since Qualcomm themselves released the chart showing that the adreno 2xx series is only equal to 3gs.... I guess Qualcomm was wrong about their own chip? The first Snapdragon with Adreno 2xx will be dual-core. Those STILL aren't out, and when they are, they will just be equal with the 2 year old 3gs.
    CHART
    A4 vs Snapdragon

Any perceived speed advantage your Droid has is placebo.

#36 UNC, Feb 11, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2011
Search tags for this page

iphone 4