How much will the Verizon iPhone affect Android?

If Verizon offers an iPhone will you buy one?

• Never, I'm Android for life

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Definitely, been waiting for it

• Depends on <insert reason here>

• Keep it on AT&T!

• Undecided

• Total voters

debdroid1a

Reaction score
Fox News Article (google search for fox news (first link) and search on fox news for iphone [first link]... ) "people" said this was happening.
They linked The Wall Street Journal article
October 2010 Article

And don't forget the Wall Street Journal article a while back
March 2010 Article

ETA: it won't effect my Android phone or my future buying of Android phones. So it won't effect me.

parker34

Reaction score
Depends on if it runs Android XD....because I mean it really is the sexiest phone out there ;)

KingLo

Reaction score
Apple always seemed to be in its own closed off little world. If you want music on apple you need itunes if you want apps on iphone you need the apple store. I prefer the hackability of android.

Dissonance

Reaction score
I have a Droid X and the main reason I got it was for the screen. If the iPhone had that screen (size) I would probably jump. I used to hack my phones all the time, but I just don't have the time for that anymore. If Apple has done something right, it's that they make products that simply work (most of the time). While I haven't had any issues with my Droid, I've always been enamored by Apple's user interface. They've nailed it. So, I would probably switch. My wife would in a heartbeat.

KingTee

Reaction score
I guess I should recant my chant...

<s>"Hell no, apple blows"</s>
<s>"Hell no, apple blows"</s>

I dont ever want to take on a guy that has another guy hiring body guards lol j/k

haha obvious jokes are fine and it's the internet so for all I know he was joking, although it didn't seem that way to me. But to get back on topic I will give my opinion.

I bought my droid 1 in march because at the time it was the best verizon had to offer. This was also before I really understood open source and rooting and all that good stuff. Shortly after I bought it I found this forum and have learned to turn my phone into a toy in a way. I customize it how I want. But back in march not knowing of these things if Verizon had the iPhone I would have bought it. Now with these major companies taking steps to ensure people don't root and locking down our phones more and more, I think it puts the iPhone on a more level playing field with android phones. If another phones comes out truly as open as my droid 1, I would get it in a heartbeat over the iPhone. But if we get to the point where our phones are just as locked down as the iPhone is I would definitely consider buying the iPhone!

The only reason i would switch.

bazar6

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.imbazar.me
Depends on if it runs Android XD....because I mean it really is the sexiest phone out there ;)

I don't know man, I'm liking the look of the Incredible a little more. But they do have notability. You can't mistake if someone is on an iPhone.

Captmilk

Reaction score
Why would anyone want to switch to an inferior product, OS and hardware. Lose a mountain of customizing options and the ability to add custom Roms. (thanks to these awesome DEV's here on the forums)
I can't wait for android OS for my PC so I can get rid of crappy Microsoft.

patfactorx

Reaction score
let me think...

no USb tethering...
no Wifi thethering...
no custom roms....

yeah gl with that lol

parker34

Reaction score

I don't know man, I'm liking the look of the Incredible a little more. But they do have notability. You can't mistake if someone is on an iPhone.

Ya now most of the HTC's look nice too but I think the iPhone just looks sleek with it being so thin and the metal with the glass...i'm not a real big fan of plasticy (is that a word?) feeling phones. I would never give up my Droid for it though, I get restless with the rom and change it every week dancedroid

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
let me think...

no USb tethering...
no Wifi thethering...
no custom roms....

yeah gl with that lol

Keep in mind, the percentage of the population that actually cares about that stuff is minimal compared to the majority of people using these smartphones.

ammon615

Reaction score
Being a Mac user, it would be nice to have full integration with the iPhone. Currently I use my Droid for music and videos, but the interface and quality often let me down. However, I'm very interested to see what happens with Google Music. As a phone and internet interface, Android is as good, if not better than iPhone. But when it comes to multimedia integration, iPhone is far superior (IMO). If Google Music ends up being a good product and they make the media UI better on Android, I'd probably stay with Android. If not, I might switch to the iPhone.

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
The latest article on the web is saying that people who buy Iphone holders are having the glass on the back break because even a grain of sand scratches it to the point of breakage.

Doesn't matter though I won't ever buy an apple product - they are for people who have no computer skills.

Dark Lazer

Reaction score
I'm interested to see if there'll be any changes to the iphone if it comes to Verizon. At this point, I doubt I'd get one, but I wouldnt be against the idea either. More than happy with my Droid 2 right now but I welcome any new phones to challenge my love for my current phone.

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL

Exactly, its just a status quo. The phone really does suck. I hate having to use my wife's iPhone. She hates my phone because she can't do what I can on her phone. I'm sorry, but if you want an iPhone just to be seen with one, go for it. I want a phone I can use, have fun with and...just does.:motdroidvert::motdroidvert::motdroidvert::motdroidvert::motdroidvert::motdroidvert: