Top DroidForums Android (and other) News Stories of the Week!

Which Android (and other) news story was your favorite for the week ending Sept 4th, 2015?

• Are we Dead Yet (Root Users)?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • T-Mobile's Legere Calls Users Who Exploit Tethering Workarounds 'Thieves' and Vows to Throttle Them

• T-Mobile's John Legere Trolls Verizon's New Logo

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Motorola Bounce Coming December: 'Shatterproof,' 5.4-Inch Display, 3,760mAh Battery & More [Rumor]

• Samsung Officially Reveals Gear S2 and Gear S2 Classic

• Verizon Rant Follow Up: Using 1TB Of Unlimited Data In One Month

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
droid-from-the-forums.jpg

You might have noticed that our Android in the News Videos have stopped. We enjoyed making them, but it turns out the videos are far more time-consuming than they are an effective medium for engaging your interest. We have retired the videos, but we still see the value in creating an end of week news compilation.

We are going to take it a step further than just highlighting the top new stories of the week though. Not only will we compile the biggest conversation topics in our forums, we are also going to make it a poll!

Basically, we will compile a collection of links to each of our top weekly Android (and other topics) news stories. We encourage you folks to revisit these, or chime in if you haven't already. After that, come back here and vote on which story was your favorite and feel free to comment why in the thread!

Here's our first weekly DroidForums Android (and other) News Stories Poll!
Enjoy, and thanks for commenting in our news section!

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
I thoroughly enjoyed & really looked forward to them as well.....I for one am going to miss them.....you guys did an amazing job!
Maybe STG & Wicked can pick up where you left off, that'd be awesome!

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Ditto quadrupled! I am going to miss them too. Almost always read them and always interesting, informative & well written. And many times, the news was very valuable and I wouldn't have gotten the details if it wasn't for here. Thanks for keeping us in the know. You did a great job!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I was going to pm dg or ck asking what the deal was. But I can imagine the time it takes to do a production like that. When you first started out you have all this energy and time on your hands and one day you look up and find yourself dealing with other things and one missed week turn into multiple. That is what happened with my ff thread.

A suggestion may be instead of concentrating on specific threads do a monthly (or random) android vid highlighting where we are compared to last month.

ie right now we have just leak pics of the nexus devices. By next month you will have enough information to talk about if devices like the nexus 5 matched the rumored specs and based on reviews have a debate whether or not that is the device to buy.

Being it is random you have the freedom to do or not do whenever. When a vid do pop up people are not wondering what the deal is.

Again it is an idea, but I also understand the feeling of needing a break or doing something else.