[Home Replacement App] Sweeter Home public Beta is out!!

punyweakling

Reaction score
I couldnt program a vcr, let alone write a program of any kind, but that was horrible. Installed and uninstalled pretty quick.

me too haha:motdroidvert:

So the beauty here is that you don't have to build themes at all. Remember it's been out less than 24 hours. After while, when more themers get building, you can use it like any other home replacement and just install themes you like from the server.

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
Wow, this looks AWESOME. Like what, IMHO the OS SHOULD be able to do (for a phone that's marketed as 'fully customizable').

Later today after using it for a bit can you give a quick comparison to Home++ (I know this is more powerfull/capable, referring to overall performance/lag and FCs). I was liking Home++ for a few days but the for some reason it got really slow and was giving tons of FC (every time I unlocked the phone). If you think it's fairly stable and fast after a day of playing I'll def d/l it.

OP
JonKyu

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
Can the OP change the topic topic title? "Seeter"? lol
Lol I swear to god I changed it earlier I don't know what happened :( I uploaded my theme to the server it's called sublime, I have the same name there lol. Also I use a lot of the "Pure widgets" in it so if you don't have it you could probably just put something different in place of it, Also I changed all my icons using bettercut not sure if my customized icons will show up. And the Homescreen's app dock uses the App Organizer Shortcuts, so I don't think they'll work if you don't have App Organizer installed.

Aww crap it only changed the Subtitle in the Post. Anyone know how to change a thread title?

Last edited:
OP
JonKyu

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
Wow, this looks AWESOME. Like what, IMHO the OS SHOULD be able to do (for a phone that's marketed as 'fully customizable').

Later today after using it for a bit can you give a quick comparison to Home++ (I know this is more powerfull/capable, referring to overall performance/lag and FCs). I was liking Home++ for a few days but the for some reason it got really slow and was giving tons of FC (every time I unlocked the phone). If you think it's fairly stable and fast after a day of playing I'll def d/l it.

I'll post an update about the performance after using it for a day!

m3kilpat

Reaction score
Kilpat Theme

Ok guys. As promised I have uploaded my theme. So far it only works [correctly] in portrait mode. It's pretty simple but I think it looks clean. I also only did stuff on the main home screen and only added one widget (beautiful widgets) so it's more compatible with other people's phone and is easier to work with/modify. Let me know what you think.

PS - Not sure why the images came out slightly smaller on each screen shot. Took em using Sweeter Home all in a row. Bug maybe?

m3kilpat-albums-sweeter-home-kilpat-theme-picture333-1.png
m3kilpat-albums-sweeter-home-kilpat-theme-picture334-2.png
m3kilpat-albums-sweeter-home-kilpat-theme-picture335-3.png
m3kilpat-albums-sweeter-home-kilpat-theme-picture336-4.png
m3kilpat-albums-sweeter-home-kilpat-theme-picture337-5.png

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'll post an update about the performance after using it for a day!

Figured as much, just wanted to ask. Thanks for the time and work. Look forward to review after some time with it (though I may put it on before then, lol).

OP
JonKyu

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
Ok guys. As promised I have uploaded my theme. So far it only works [correctly] in portrait mode. It's pretty simple but I think it looks clean. I also only did stuff on the main home screen and only added one widget (beautiful widgets) so it's more compatible with other people's phone and is easier to work with/modify. Let me know what you think.

PS - Not sure why the images came out slightly smaller on each screen shot. Took em using Sweeter Home all in a row. Bug maybe?

m3kilpat-albums-sweeter-home-kilpat-theme-picture333-1.png
m3kilpat-albums-sweeter-home-kilpat-theme-picture334-2.png
m3kilpat-albums-sweeter-home-kilpat-theme-picture335-3.png
m3kilpat-albums-sweeter-home-kilpat-theme-picture336-4.png
m3kilpat-albums-sweeter-home-kilpat-theme-picture337-5.png

Looks really good! You should report that bug, I only used the screenshot tool for the preview when uploading my theme. I manually did the screenshots for my posts.

Itsrayraytime

Reaction score
Only 20 seconds after installing and I already am facing the worse possible error -my droid is stuck on the eye.

I suppose it's my fault for rebooting after the installation. I figured that was the best thing to do.

I am going to let the red eye sit for a while and hope the problem corrects itself.

Hmm, seems now my green led light is flashing which means I probably have a text, although I cannot see anything but the red eye. Any one have this problem?

edit: i rebooted into safe mode and can now uninstall this! a part of me wants to keep on playing with it though -it looks so cool.

Last edited:

mjs31

Reaction score

Technically this makes the phone fully customizable, no? Ever use the Iphone and try installing something like this? These types of apps and extras is what allows google to market the phone as fully customizable.

OP
JonKyu

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
Only 20 seconds after installing and I already am facing the worse possible error -my droid is stuck on the eye.

I suppose it's my fault for rebooting after the installation. I figured that was the best thing to do.

I am going to let the red eye sit for a while and hope the problem corrects itself.

Hmm, seems now my green led light is flashing which means I probably have a text, although I cannot see anything but the red eye. Any one have this problem?

edit: i rebooted into safe mode and can now uninstall this! a part of me wants to keep on playing with it though -it looks so cool.

I rebooted my phone after installing and nothing bad happened. DId you try doing a battery pull? Maybe that might fix it.

Itsrayraytime

Reaction score

I rebooted my phone after installing and nothing bad happened. DId you try doing a battery pull? Maybe that might fix it.

yeah I actually rebooted as well with the battery pull. Maybe I rebooted too quick because I reinstalled now, after uninstalling via safe mode, and it took a bit to load my apps. Perhaps shutting down while it was still loading apps caused it to hang on reboot. Anywho its working for now. I am not going to set it to default though this time. Not like I reboot my phone often. I just feel safer with it not being default till its more stable.

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
Technically this makes the phone fully customizable, no? Ever use the Iphone and try installing something like this? These types of apps and extras is what allows google to market the phone as fully customizable.

Somewhat, yes. Yet simultaneously NO. This is not much different than what my team and hundreds of other chefs did for WM ROMs. While granted M$ doesn't 'like' people cooking ROMs it's done and there is a ROM for just about everyone.

This is also still above the comfort level of MANY users. To my understanding Googles goal, and certainly their marketing is aimed at allowing ANY user to "fully customize" their phone. Yes I understand that Android is in it infancy, as are most of its apps and services. But still this apps and many of the other most popular apps on the market are just adding features that many users expect to be PART of the OS/system and not require additional components (let alone ones that will likely be charged for).

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Ok here's a screenshot of my homescreen now :D i'm loving this crap!