[Home Replacement App] Sweeter Home public Beta is out!!

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
I don't know if I have the patience to make my own but some themes on that could be REALLY cool! Like the latest video on the link you posted, that one looks NICE

ipawd1

Reaction score
Currently attempting to learn SweeterHome Public Bets 2 ---> SweeterHome2 - Wiki - sweeterhome.com
Its confusing me. I'm runnning on 2.1 successfully. However I'm having a problem with the Live Wallpapers playing fair with it. This is where I began..
24fi9t2.jpg

So far I'm..eh..Not too far ahead. :)
2cnyu8p.jpg

Attempting to get more...maybe get some more REGULAR apps on the screen... All I've changed so far is the wallpaper and the widget. I wanted to put Beautiful Widgets at the top, and drop "settings from the bottome, but I like the news and weather better from 2.1. So far its.. eh..okay. Three screens from what I've used. Retail space is.."eh."... Still prefer my 5 screens on 2.1 launcher but I'm just playing with this for the day. Figured some might want to know..

OP
JonKyu

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
Currently attempting to learn SweeterHome Public Bets 2 ---> SweeterHome2 - Wiki - sweeterhome.com
Its confusing me. I'm runnning on 2.1 successfully. However I'm having a problem with the Live Wallpapers playing fair with it. This is where I began..

Attempting to get more...maybe get some more REGULAR apps on the screen... All I've changed so far is the wallpaper and the widget. I wanted to put Beautiful Widgets at the top, and drop "settings from the bottome, but I like the news and weather better from 2.1. So far its.. eh..okay. Three screens from what I've used. Retail space is.."eh."... Still prefer my 5 screens on 2.1 launcher but I'm just playing with this for the day. Figured some might want to know..

Lol it was super confusing at first but after starting from scratch I was able to pick it up fairly easily. I just spent like 3 hours customizing my droid. I'm going to try and post some screenshots of what I was able to come up with and let everyone see what it's capable of.

ipawd1

Reaction score

Lol it was super confusing at first but after starting from scratch I was able to pick it up fairly easily. I just spent like 3 hours customizing my droid. I'm going to try and post some screenshots of what I was able to come up with and let everyone see what it's capable of.

Hey you have google talk? May need a walkthrough

OP
JonKyu

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
Ok here goes nothing...here is my first attempt to make something somewhat decent:

Top Screen: Application drawer (scrollable)
Application%20drawer.jpg

Left Screen: Communications screen with three different states, contacts, calls, and sms (scrollable also, had to blur my contacts and stuff for privacy)
Left%20Screen%20States.jpg

Main Home Screen: Daily agenda with shortcuts, and Twitter
Home%20Screen%20States.jpg

Right Home Screen: Calendar and Power Control
Right%20Screen%20States.jpg

Bottom Screen: Music and shortcuts to settings
Bottom%20Screen%20States.jpg

I used was Sweeter Home 2 public Beta, and widgets/apps I already had.

Performance wise, I'm still getting the occational Force Close. The only added additional memory load I see is just 3mb for Sweeter Home and 2mb for Slacker radio widget. I was surprised how low Sweeter Home memory load is. I didn't use any Pictures for my customization btw, so that might have helped with the memory load.

Last edited:
OP
JonKyu

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hey you have google talk? May need a walkthrough

I do but, I'm going to take a break lol my eyes hurt from looking at my phone for too long. Just post up any questions you have and I'll try my best to help, I'm still no expert mind you lol.

ice456789

Reaction score
I've been messing around with this for hours today too. I took some screenshots (included in the software) but every time I put it down for 5 minutes I come up with a great idea to add more. So far I have everything I use (and I mean EVERYTHING) all on 1 screen.

Someone earlier said they were upset with only 3 screens.... it actually has 5. You can scroll up/down to screens too. Found that out by mistake.

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
Wow JonKyu, thats pretty damn nice. I may have to grab Preview 2 and give it a try. I just need to be more patient lol, any chance you could post your theme or can they not be exported?

OP
JonKyu

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
thanks! actually you have to sign up for a sweeter home account efren you install it. It makes for easier uploading of the theme. I already uploaded it to the themes section so anyone can download it.

novacane

Reaction score
Maybe it is the custom themes that I'm getting, but sweeter home was running fine for like 5 minutes and then started force closing like crazy, and yes I have all apps and widgets removed from my original home screens

OP
JonKyu

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
Maybe it is the custom themes that I'm getting, but sweeter home was running fine for like 5 minutes and then started force closing like crazy, and yes I have all apps and widgets removed from my original home screens

Hmm, I haven't had any experience like this and I had all my widget still on my home screen. Did you try reinstalling and then doing a reboot? That might fix it. worth a shot.

novacane

Reaction score
I think it was just one of the skins cause i reinstalled it and started editing hte home skin on my own and it's not as unstable now

OP
JonKyu

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
I think it was just one of the skins cause i reinstalled it and started editing hte home skin on my own and it's not as unstable now

Great to know, I'm still having the occasional widget hiccup where I have to re-configure it to show up, but since it's a beta I'll forgive it lol

m3kilpat

Reaction score
I kept getting slowness and hanging until I restarted my phone. Works really well now.

BTW, everyone should post their pics of their creations and also upload the themes they make and put the title of whatever you call the theme in the post so other people can use/learn from it. I've been working on one and will upload when complete.