[Home Replacement App] Sweeter Home public Beta is out!!

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hey guys didn't see this posted anywhere here yet just wanted to spread the news that the Sweeter Home- Home Replacement App is now out as a public beta.

Really great experience so far, it's a little over whelming but I think it's not too difficult to get used to. I highly recommend it to those that like to really customize their home screens (like me lol!!).

This will probably occupy my time until the official 2.1 update comes out. So far it's been pretty stable, I did get some force closes but definitely not so much to deter you from trying it out.

Head over to the Sweeter Home website for downloads, tips, tricks, and videos!

Public Beta for Sweeter Home 2 is not in the Market, it is located on the website above as a manual install!! Just a heads up since some folks were getting confused. If you still can see it here is the public beta 2 download website: SweeterHome2 - Wiki - sweeterhome.com

Here is my first attempt at a Theme it's called "Sublime" (yeah I couldn't think of anything lol). It's been uploaded to the theme server on Sweeter Home.

Ok here goes nothing...here is my first attempt to make something somewhat decent:

Top Screen: Application drawer (scrollable)
Application%20drawer.jpg

Left Screen: Communications screen with three different states, contacts, calls, and sms (scrollable also, had to blur my contacts and stuff for privacy)
Left%20Screen%20States.jpg

Main Home Screen: Daily agenda with shortcuts, and Twitter
Home%20Screen%20States.jpg

Right Home Screen: Calendar and Power Control
Right%20Screen%20States.jpg

Bottom Screen: Music and shortcuts to settings
Bottom%20Screen%20States.jpg

I used was Sweeter Home 2 public Beta, and widgets/apps I already had.

Performance wise, I'm still getting the occational Force Close. The only added additional memory load I see is just 3mb for Sweeter Home and 2mb for Slacker radio widget. I was surprised how low Sweeter Home memory load is. I didn't use any Pictures for my customization btw, so that might have helped with the memory load.

Can the OP change the topic topic title? "Seeter"? lol
Lol I swear to god I changed it earlier I don't know what happened :( I uploaded my theme to the server it's called sublime, I have the same name there lol. Also I use a lot of the "Pure widgets" in it so if you don't have it you could probably just put something different in place of it, Also I changed all my icons using bettercut not sure if my customized icons will show up. And the Homescreen's app dock uses the App Organizer Shortcuts, so I don't think they'll work if you don't have App Organizer installed.

Aww crap it only changed the Subtitle in the Post. Anyone know how to change a thread title?

Last edited:

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
I found it last night and played with it a bit, it is definitely different, with all the little scrollable areas and whatnot.

ice456789

Reaction score
This is VERY interesting. Great for those who want a non-cluttered screen and just want to look at their background. Definitely worth a look.

mikespe

Reaction score
I only see preview 1 in the market? Is it listed as public beta or is Preview 1 it?

voodoodaddy

Reaction score
I couldnt program a vcr, let alone write a program of any kind, but that was horrible. Installed and uninstalled pretty quick.

broosewee

Reaction score
You can download the apk for preview 2 from the Sweeter Home website link in the OP.

It's probably still very early in development, but doesn't look to great yet. Force closed on me in the first few minutes :(

I'll hold out hope though.

m3kilpat

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure the app in the market "Preview 1" is the old version. If you follow the link from the first post it says on one of the pages "Highlighted new feature since Sweeter Home Preview 1". If you want the most current version go to that link and download the apk and install it via astro or some similar app.

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
the preview one is the one in the market and it sucks. i dl'd preview 2 from their home page and eh.... i think i'll stick with what i had lol. ALSO i saw someone say in another forum that he put this on then rebooted his phone and it's stuck on the droideye. scary. i uninstalled

droiddict

Reaction score
This thing wants access to WAY too many resources. Why does it need to read messages?

ice456789

Reaction score
This thing wants access to WAY too many resources. Why does it need to read messages?

Watch the animation on THIS PAGE and it will make a lot more sense. For those using preview 1, I recommend you uninstall it and try the one from the website. Also, download a theme to get rid of the gingerbread garbage.

Edit: Actually, they have some good youtube videos up HERE.

ice456789

Reaction score
Just watched a couple of the videos, one thing that everyone here can appreciate is that you have the ability to put icons anywhere. You're not limited to the 4x4 grid at all. I'm gonna play with this for a while today and hopefully get a screenshot or two up.