How many people use a Home Replacement?

OP
M

Matth3w

Honestly those look just as ugly and cheap as one I could build in like 2 hours.

Cool, see you back here in 2 hours.
I won't bother because mine will be just as ugly. I already saw those on the forums when I had SweeterHome installed.

I didn't see a single home screen that I liked.

No offense if you know who made those.

OP
M

Matth3w

I forgot where I came across it, but theres actually a way to change the Home++ icons (I would try to hunt it down, but I'm here at work)
Yeah but you can't change the functionality of them. You still have a bunch of illogical choices for home screen icons. A notifications button over a GMail and SMS button? Seriously?
Heh. If you're happy to talk ****, you should be happy to be called on it. :)
I wasn't talking ****, I just think they're ugly. Don't take it personal. You might think my car is ugly. Do I care? No. If I did, I would have to really see a shrink because if I let stupid things like that bother me, I'd be in a mental hospital.

lockman

Reaction score
They're all too laggy/buggy for me. Home ++ is the best of the lot, and I agree w/ Matt here- the powerstrip should be customizable.

punyweakling

Reaction score
I wasn't talking ****, I just think they're ugly.
You said you could do better in 2 hours. Then said you couldn't do any better - I'd say that's a little bit of **** talk?

But nothing personal bro, all in good fun. SH is beta as, and every person needs something different in a Home app. :)

OP
M

Matth3w

Yea, but the notification one is for those who hide their notification bar.
Yeah I understand that...but still...you can get the notifications by hitting Menu...I definitely see the point in it...but over SMS and GMail? Seems odd to me. Some other ones are odd choices over those two really. Actually the only priority I can think of either of those two is the phone. Should be Phone > SMS > GMail then anything else.

Last I heard they were trying to develop the little strip as a separate app, so still looking forward to that.

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yea, but the notification one is for those who hide their notification bar.
Yeah I understand that...but still...you can get the notifications by hitting Menu...I definitely see the point in it...but over SMS and GMail? Seems odd to me. Some other ones are odd choices over those two really. Actually the only priority I can think of either of those two is the phone. Should be Phone > SMS > GMail then anything else.

Last I heard they were trying to develop the little strip as a separate app, so still looking forward to that.

That sounds great. Would love to have that without the rest of the home replacement.

qwiksilver711

Reaction score
Sweeter home 2 for me, and yes, huge learning curve. My home looks like crap, I'll admit it. But I love the customization of the thing.

Only one force close so far, caused I think by me, not the app. I was listening to music, while ftp'ing over wifi, while editing a theme, so I think I just pushed it a bit too far where the multitasking is concerned.

Sweeter home is sick, but there needs to be some manual or something somewhere, because I had to mainly guess my way through it, in two hours I had a widget and a clock on my screen, in 6 I have about 3/4 function compared to stock home, so I figure another 3 and I will have something that doesn't suck too bad.

OP
M

Matth3w

I wasn't talking ****, I just think they're ugly.
You said you could do better in 2 hours. Then said you couldn't do any better - I'd say that's a little bit of **** talk?

But nothing personal bro, all in good fun. SH is beta as, and every person needs something different in a Home app. :)
I never once said I could do better. I stated in my first post that I didn't have the patience or skill for it. And then when I saw those I said that is about what I could do. I pissed around with the app for several hours trying to get it right, and in the end, my thing looked similar to what they had. And I think it was ugly. Not **** talk, because my attempts were just as crap. That's when I turned to the sweeter home forums and I found one or two that I maybe liked, but nothing worth the extra lag. The iPhone one was decent, and there was another but a lot of it didn't make sense. For example the user on one screen had the mini info widget AND a battery widget, pointless. Was just too much work for someone with so little patience and skill as myself. I have neither really.

but yeah, nothing personal man. I give them credit for taking all that time AND subjecting themselves to public criticism by doing so. :icon_ banana:

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
I might try sweeterhome again when it gets officially released. Didn't like it first time around.

OP
M

Matth3w

Sweeter home 2 for me, and yes, huge learning curve. My home looks like crap, I'll admit it. But I love the customization of the thing.

Only one force close so far, caused I think by me, not the app. I was listening to music, while ftp'ing over wifi, while editing a theme, so I think I just pushed it a bit too far where the multitasking is concerned.

Sweeter home is sick, but there needs to be some manual or something somewhere, because I had to mainly guess my way through it, in two hours I had a widget and a clock on my screen, in 6 I have about 3/4 function compared to stock home, so I figure another 3 and I will have something that doesn't suck too bad.
Definitely the difference between you and I. I couldn't have a crap looking home screen no matter what customization I could get out of it. nothing against your views on your phone or mine really, just personal preference.