[Home Replacement App] Sweeter Home public Beta is out!!

OP
JonKyu

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
Ok here's a screenshot of my homescreen now :D i'm loving this crap!

Great job!! Once you know the mechanics/ideology of how layers work and the spring board, and get used to the interface it's actually not that bad! It's a little tedious at times but the dev built a feature so that you can just copy settings and paste them.

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
thank you!! i'm quite proud lol. on the screen underneath that one i have all the apps. i love how those icons are so small that all my apps fit (mostly). i just have 2 that i have to scroll to horizontally. i do NOT have the mechanics/ideology of how layers work and the spring board but i'll keep playing with it and checking the forums for tips. as of right now i have everything i could possibly want on my homescreen thanks to apps organizer. and i luv that i can select to show just the icons and no words underneath which to me defeats the purpose of custom icons.
hay if you get REALLY bored maybe you could write a "manual for dummies" LmAo am i dreaming?

OP
JonKyu

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
thank you!! i'm quite proud lol. on the screen underneath that one i have all the apps. i love how those icons are so small that all my apps fit (mostly). i just have 2 that i have to scroll to horizontally. i do NOT have the mechanics/ideology of how layers work and the spring board but i'll keep playing with it and checking the forums for tips. as of right now i have everything i could possibly want on my homescreen thanks to apps organizer. and i luv that i can select to show just the icons and no words underneath which to me defeats the purpose of custom icons.
hay if you get REALLY bored maybe you could write a "manual for dummies" LmAo am i dreaming?

Lol I would, but I have too many theme ideas now lol and I think Lemon's videos/Tutorials are pretty good at giving you a gist of how to make themes.

punyweakling

Reaction score
Only 20 seconds after installing and I already am facing the worse possible error -my droid is stuck on the eye.

I suppose it's my fault for rebooting after the installation. I figured that was the best thing to do.

I am going to let the red eye sit for a while and hope the problem corrects itself.

Hmm, seems now my green led light is flashing which means I probably have a text, although I cannot see anything but the red eye. Any one have this problem?

edit: i rebooted into safe mode and can now uninstall this! a part of me wants to keep on playing with it though -it looks so cool.

I forwarded it to the developer. Although he uses a Droid too... could be a conflict or some weird Moto ****? Do you have ADB installed on your PC at all? You might be able to get a log dump that isolates the prob.

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Can someone PLEASE explain how to create and use a springblock!!

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
Just an idea about the screenshots changing sizes. I bet Sweeter Home keeps them under a certain size. Since the later screenshots have more colors in them, they had to be a smaller resolution to stay under the size limit.

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
omg omg omg lol i figured it out:D nevermind lol

Care to share to save the rest of us some frustration?:icon_ banana: Lol, but I understand if you wan others to 'figure it out.' Lol. Getting ready to load the beta here in a bit. Backing everything up first.

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
omg omg omg lol i figured it out:D nevermind lol

Care to share to save the rest of us some frustration?.

ok AFTER i figured it out ...i was directed to another person's post as follows (KEEP IN MIND THIS IS ONLY DIRECTIONS FOR THE SPRINGBOARD):

I will try to walk you through it.
- Menu - Edit Theme
- Long press in open area
- New - Springboard
- Make it the size you want for the "button", as this is actually what act as the toggle switch.
- Long press in open area
- New - Tagged Tray (you can actually choose other things here but this is what I think they had in mind when making the interface
- Make this the size you want, it is where the apps go
- Long press the Tagged Tray
- Edit
- Filter by - choose a group (eg. games)
- You can change setting in here if you want but there are too many for me to go over here.
- back out and long press the Springboard
- Edit
- Controlled Block(s)
- And change the Tagged Tray you created to Yes
- Back completely out and it is ready for you to add programs to the Tagged Tray
- Long press a clear area in the tagged tray
- Application - Choose the application.
- You can remove an application by long pressing it and then dragging it out of the Tray

anyway.....back to me now....i made mine really girly girl as you can see. all of it can be customized to whatever colors you like. my "home" button clears the whole homescreen so only your wallpaPer shows. i put all my fav contacts in favs.

the name of my theme is mysweeterhomefinal if anyone is interested. you can change the name on the springboards and put whatever you want in them.

even though there are five screens i only i only have one screenshot becuz i can't possibly think of anything else to put on the other screens lol.

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
Thanks Corinacakes. Appreciated. Looking forward to playing with it in a bit (though I think I'll go a less 'girly' route:)) lol, but it looks good. Customizing is what this device is about after-all (nice we're finally getting the tools to do so).

veggiedave

Reaction score
just downloaded it. messed around with it for a couple minutes. looks pretty neat. could have some potential.

ViciousCircle

Android Addict
Premium Member
Reaction score
So far, I'm loving this home replacement. The possibilities are nearly endless with this. This is exactly what I've been looking for.

veggiedave

Reaction score
what is the springboard thing? when i go to it it says i have no room for it?