Holy Finishing Touches Batman, it's Sapphire 1.0

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
That's why I use ClockWork. I can select the zip file to install without having to rename it. If you're getting boot loops, there's likely an issue with your kernel or you didn't do a factory wipe.

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
That was one of my questions... I have the main file as update and apps as downloaded. I can't make them both update.zip. how can I rename the other files update.zip in cwm without reboot or pulling card and going to pc?

I did try cwm .13 and still no go. I did the update from sd card and not update.zip. bootload was stuck cycling for greater than ten minutes. Going offline to reboot.

Thanks for the help

Delete the old update.zip and rename new one

For each file install? I was hoping the boot from sd would catch the other 4 zips to install rather than going back tot he computer to rename each zip update.

Today I tried the sprecovery update.zip install of the ROM alone and it cycled for half an hour with no boot. Not sure what else to do.

Once SPR installs an update.zip sucessfully u can delete it

S

scrub175

That's why I use ClockWork. I can select the zip file to install without having to rename it. If you're getting boot loops, there's likely an issue with your kernel or you didn't do a factory wipe.

lets talk about factory wipe. I would assume this is the same thing as the wipe options in CWM and sprecovery, the full wipe and cache wipe? If they are not the same, then yes i didn't perform any wipes outside of the ones in the recovery programs.

Kernel is stock

Last edited by a moderator:

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score

lets talk about factory wipe. I would assume this is the same thing as the wipe options in CWM and sprecovery, the full wipe and cache wipe? If they are not the same, then yes i didn't perform any wipes outside of the ones in the recovery programs.

I'm referring to the wipe in recovery, yes. If you did that and it's still boot looping, then something is not happy. I would suspect the kernel at that point. Flashing a lower speed kernel could help. I'm suing the one that ships with Sapphire and not having any problems. It's 125/1000. It's possible your phone doesn't like that.

S

scrub175

I'm referring to the wipe in recovery, yes. If you did that and it's still boot looping, then something is not happy. I would suspect the kernel at that point. Flashing a lower speed kernel could help. I'm suing the one that ships with Sapphire and not having any problems. It's 125/1000. It's possible your phone doesn't like that.

Cool. I just downloaded the 800 lv kernel to try that instead, but I wont ever get to that kernel setting if sapphire doesnt boot.

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score

Cool. I just downloaded the 800 lv kernel to try that instead, but I wont ever get to that kernel setting if sapphire doesnt boot.

Well, and you won't like this, I would say flash Sapphire, mount the SD card through USB, drop the kernel on there and rename it to update.zip, flash that, and then try to boot.

S

scrub175

Well, and you won't like this, I would say flash Sapphire, mount the SD card through USB, drop the kernel on there and rename it to update.zip, flash that, and then try to boot.

Will try that assuming I can get sapphire to boot. I did get sapphire to boot twice from sprecovery but nothing stable from cwm.

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

If Sapphire won't boot for u, try after full wipe, flash Rom, if bootloops, pull battery, reboot while holding x,connect phone to pc, mount options, Enable USB mass storage, now you can drop a different kernel, rename, flash and reboot, you can keep trying kernals this way till one boots.

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score

Will try that assuming I can get sapphire to boot. I did get sapphire to boot twice from sprecovery but nothing stable from cwm.

You can do it from within recovery though. There's an option to mount the SD card. Then you can swap out the update.zip's, unmount it, and flash the next update.zip. Before rebooting the phone. So:

-Factory reset
-Flash Sapphire
-Mount USB, copy gapps over to sd card as update.zip
-unmount usb
-Flash gapps
-Mount USB, copy kernel over to sd card as update.zip
-unmount usb
-Flash kernel

Then reboot the phone.

S

scrub175

thanks guys. forgot that mount sd in recover. was beginning to think my droid doesnt. will give that a whirl.

TechJPC

Reaction score
When changing themes, it says to revert back to Stock Theme before installing a new theme. I cannot find the stock theme. Do I just wipe cache or just reinstall Sapphire ?

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
When changing themes, it says to revert back to Stock Theme before installing a new theme. I cannot find the stock theme. Do I just wipe cache or just reinstall Sapphire ?

No need to wipe the cache:

With this release, we have done away with the “stock” theme in favor of just re-applying the provided update/gapp update without wiping data

So, just reflash the sapphire and gapps updates and you're good to go to install a new theme.

TechJPC

Reaction score

With this release, we have done away with the “stock” theme in favor of just re-applying the provided update/gapp update without wiping data
So, just reflash the sapphire and gapps updates and you're good to go to install a new theme.

Thanks .. Do I have to do the gapps everytime ? I HATE having to login everytime :icon_evil: :icon_eek:

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score

Thanks .. Do I have to do the gapps everytime ? I HATE having to login everytime :icon_evil: :icon_eek:

You won't have to login if you don't wipe the cache. :) But I think you do have to do gapps, at least according to what that says. I've not tried reverting back to stock theme so I don't know for sure.

S

scrub175

sprecovery flash not going so well. had a lockup on th M screen. didnt even get to the sapphire screen. now waiting on the sapphire bootloader to load. Maybe it's just not meant to be.

did get my droid X shipping notice today...