Features, and Bug-Fixes, and Themes, OH MY! Sapphire - 0.8.4

kook

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Got new replacement phone and unable to flash this ROM? I rooted the phone, flashed clockwork mod and when attempting to install any Sapphire Rom Im getting an Installation Aborted error.... help?
You may have to flash Clockwork back to the earlier version. It's something like 2.1.0.3.

JLangevin

Reaction score
I got it all installed on the replacement phone, but I keep getting a force close on my Voice Search. This is a function I use all the time. Is there a fix for this? Does not work when attempting a voice input on Navigation either.

justinthegeek

Reaction score
I got it all installed on the replacement phone, but I keep getting a force close on my Voice Search. This is a function I use all the time. Is there a fix for this? Does not work when attempting a voice input on Navigation either.

Have you installed a theme?

JLangevin

Reaction score

I was running the Galaxy S Theme... reinstalling the gapps.update file fixed the issue. I just have to not install the manual Maps update or it will break again. I havent attempted to delete the app and do a fresh install from the market yet.

Also, has anyone else noticed with this rom, when you enable the WiFi, the phone drops 3G service all together? With WiFi on, I cannot access the Market or any other service that requires the 3G ie; Navigation, Voice Search, etc. The 3G icon disappears as well until I disable the WiFi.

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score

I was running the Galaxy S Theme... reinstalling the gapps.update file fixed the issue. I just have to not install the manual Maps update or it will break again. I havent attempted to delete the app and do a fresh install from the market yet.

Also, has anyone else noticed with this rom, when you enable the WiFi, the phone drops 3G service all together? With WiFi on, I cannot access the Market or any other service that requires the 3G ie; Navigation, Voice Search, etc. The 3G icon disappears as well until I disable the WiFi.

Not sure what you mean - all those things work just fine on a wifi connection.

JLangevin

Reaction score
Not sure how else to explain it...

When I turn on the WiFi, the Market simply doesnt load, it just says "Loading" with the blank lower field, GPS just sticks on "Getting Directions" and Voice Search also just gets stuck on the "Loading" ticker. Once I turn off the WiFi, the 3G symbol reappears and all these functions work fine.

JLangevin

Reaction score
Also, since I know it will be the next thing asked of me, yes, the WiFi WAS connected properly and working. Web Pages and other Network related tasks worked fine.

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
Not sure how else to explain it...

When I turn on the WiFi, the Market simply doesnt load, it just says "Loading" with the blank lower field, GPS just sticks on "Getting Directions" and Voice Search also just gets stuck on the "Loading" ticker. Once I turn off the WiFi, the 3G symbol reappears and all these functions work fine.

Then something's gone quite wrong with your install, unfortunately. All those functions work perfectly well for me on a wifi connection. In fact, I don't really do market updates on anything but a wifi connection. :) Are you using a theme?

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
See if these problems can be reproduced on stock Sapphire.

Unfortunately Gala S is not "officially" supported by Sapphire at this time.

JLangevin

Reaction score
Well it appears to be entirely Galaxy S Theme related. The 3G symbol still disappears but it connects properly through WiFi Now. Except now my Navigation app is gone.. lol. The Maps are there, but no Nav Link... ugh.

JLangevin

Reaction score
Look at my edit, lol. I had 0 issues with my original phone, but my replacement is being a PITA to get setup.

jdm627

Reaction score
Got new replacement phone and unable to flash this ROM? I rooted the phone, flashed clockwork mod and when attempting to install any Sapphire Rom Im getting an Installation Aborted error.... help?
You may have to flash Clockwork back to the earlier version. It's something like 2.1.0.3.
Same problem
Very noob
How or where?