Features, and Bug-Fixes, and Themes, OH MY! Sapphire - 0.8.4

Gearhead Geek

Reaction score
Does it REALLY take up to ten minutes for the phone to boot up for the first time after you flash this ROM? Because I flashed it earlier and I waited forever for it to boot up and the little diamond came up and kept flashing for a long time, and never booted. So I flashed back to Bugless. I really wanted to try this ROM too..

Yes. If you see the boot animation, that means it's loading.

Ataranine

Reaction score
Does it REALLY take up to ten minutes for the phone to boot up for the first time after you flash this ROM? Because I flashed it earlier and I waited forever for it to boot up and the little diamond came up and kept flashing for a long time, and never booted. So I flashed back to Bugless. I really wanted to try this ROM too..

Yeah well, I tried it again and I let the phone sit there on that "boot animation" for over 10 minutes, nothing happened. The diamond kept blinking..that's it. Nothing at all.

Gearhead Geek

Reaction score

Yeah well, I tried it again and I let the phone sit there on that "boot animation" for over 10 minutes, nothing happened. The diamond kept blinking..that's it. Nothing at all.

Did you make sure to wipe data & cache before installing?

Ataranine

Reaction score

Tried it twice. Also tried it twice without wiping. Same results. Blinking diamond, never goes any further.

Gearhead Geek

Reaction score

Tried it twice. Also tried it twice without wiping. Same results. Blinking diamond, never goes any further.

Strange indeed. Are you installing through SPRecovery manually or Recovery Manager?

Ataranine

Reaction score

Gearhead Geek

Reaction score

Ataranine

Reaction score
Strange indeed. Are you installing through SPRecovery manually or Recovery Manager?
SPRecovery.

Strange indeed. Only other thing I would suggest is try redownloading. I know they've been having issues with the server, could be that your download didn't complete successfully.
I guess I'll give that a shot, wouldn't hurt to try..
CHECK: I'm an idiot, didn't even notice the file size of my zip is nowhere near the size it's supposed to be. I never freakin' make sure... ugh.
Thanks for your help. :)

Last edited:

xliderider

Reaction score
G
setCPU 2.1: Superuser-2.1-signed.zip

Post your request on bugzilla or comment to already posted request: http://sapphire.cvpcs.org/bugs

This file is installed using the update.zip method right? I am getting an error an installation aborts using both sprecovery an clockworkmod recovery. :(

On a side note. I believe I will be returning my droid when Verizon pushes the official froyo OTA out. For some reason, this droid will not run any froyo roms without lagging, freezing, and becoming totally unresponsive, requiring many battery pulls to reset. Its worse than having a blackberry again.

was it the newest version of clockwork? you need to go back to an older version of it to work. something is broke with the new one.

I was using an old version of CW recovery, 2.0.1.3, but sprecovery also didn't work. OTOH, the steel theme also wouldn't run as an update zip install either.

jdm627

Reaction score

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Buzz kill. Any settings that can be tampered with in the Rom that will help with launcherpro redraws?

Edit: other than minfreemanager set to aggressive...

Last edited:

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
Buzz kill. Any settings that can be tampered with in the Rom that will help with launcherpro redraws?

Yes, it's called adw.

;)

just kidding. you'll really have to play around with the LP memory settings, I think - a lot of people have reported these problems across many ROMs and there's no clear cut answer.