Holy Finishing Touches Batman, it's Sapphire 1.0

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
sprecovery flash not going so well. had a lockup on th M screen. didnt even get to the sapphire screen. now waiting on the sapphire bootloader to load. Maybe it's just not meant to be.

did get my droid X shipping notice today...

keep trying differnt kernels

S

scrub175

sprecovery flash not going so well. had a lockup on th M screen. didnt even get to the sapphire screen. now waiting on the sapphire bootloader to load. Maybe it's just not meant to be.

I plan to but I can't get sapphire to even boot up after install in sprecovery or cwm. I'm kinda stuck.

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score

I plan to but I can't get sapphire to even boot up after install in sprecovery or cwm. I'm kinda stuck.

This means you're still not understanding what we've been saying repeatedly. Using the mount option IN recovery, BEFORE you even reboot the phone, put a new kernel on the phone and flash it. DIRECTLY after flashing the sapphire rom, WITHOUT rebooting the phone first. It's NOT going to work if you continue to try to boot into sapphire before flashing a new kernel. That's the whole point of recommending flashing the kernel in the first place. Do EVERYTHING in recovery BEFORE rebooting the phone. Sapphire, GAPPS, and kernel. NO rebooting in between.

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

This means you're still not understanding what we've been saying repeatedly. Using the mount option IN recovery, BEFORE you even reboot the phone, put a new kernel on the phone and flash it. DIRECTLY after flashing the sapphire rom, WITHOUT rebooting the phone first. It's NOT going to work if you continue to try to boot into sapphire before flashing a new kernel. That's the whole point of recommending flashing the kernel in the first place. Do EVERYTHING in recovery BEFORE rebooting the phone. Sapphire, GAPPS, and kernel. NO rebooting in between.

Thank you Samuri

S

scrub175

I tried that minus the new kernel. will run that now with the new kernel and see.

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score

I tried that minus the new kernel. will run that now with the new kernel and see.

Minus the new kernel wouldn't change anything. So yea, do it with the new kernel and see if it'll boot then.

ukyfan

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Interesting. I never noticed that option before. It looks like they really thought of everything when they made that program.
You can do it from within recovery though. There's an option to mount the SD card. Then you can swap out the update.zip's, unmount it, and flash the next update.zip

S

scrub175

it booted and no errors when entering my gmail. waiting for apps to install. thanks for the restating the blindly obvious I was missing. I was so focused on getting a recovery to work I missed the order to be followed when in the recovery.

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Interesting. I never noticed that option before. It looks like they really thought of everything when they made that program.
You can do it from within recovery though. There's an option to mount the SD card. Then you can swap out the update.zip's, unmount it, and flash the next update.zip

Yea, except the ability to update from a non "update.zip" file. ClockWork can do that which is why I use it. That's really the only thing SPRecovery can't do that would be really nice.

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
it booted and no errors when entering my gmail. waiting for apps to install. thanks for the restating the blindly obvious I was missing. I was so focused on getting a recovery to work I missed the order to be followed when in the recovery.

VERY good. I'm glad things are finally working for you. You can play with different kernels to find the one that gives you the best performance/stability. Now you know you can just drop a new one on the sd card in recovery and flash it. If it doesn't work, drop another one on and try it. But, great that it's working now!

S

scrub175

VERY good. I'm glad things are finally working for you. You can play with different kernels to find the one that gives you the best performance/stability. Now you know you can just drop a new one on the sd card in recovery and flash it. If it doesn't work, drop another one on and try it. But, great that it's working now!

Thanks again. I did use CWM for everything this time. the kernel did the trick.

Mayh3m

Hoodie Ninja
Premium Member
Reaction score
First lwp looks good(galaxy) working on water,smoke tonight

S

scrub175

After some newb trial some things that jump out about this rom...

Very fast navigation thru menus. All new roms do this we will see over time.
Battery life is awesome. Heavy usage with minimal indictor drop.
The biggest I think is the cool temps with prolonged usage. With other roms I've used the back of the phone is smoking hot. Prolonged surfing or music activites. I normally used the roms stock kernerl with no adjustments. To me it feels this set of kernels match the rom very well. That last part is speculation, but what it means to me is way cooler battery/cpu temps.

Only cons for me are...

Links in email are dead.
I'm using the black bar theme and the black fonts of the clock make it difficult to see.

All in all excellent rom and very worth a try. Thanks for the work donation on the way...