Holy Finishing Touches Batman, it's Sapphire 1.0

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Scrub go into gem settings to change the clock color, then reboot.

Sent from my Droid

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I know this was asked by someone else and I don't know if they ever got an answer so I apologize if this is redundant...I'm using the DroidX theme and all the buttons are very dark. Is there a way to change the buttons to a lighter, more readable color? Thanks!!

Hashi

Reaction score
I have to say congratulations on putting together such a fine alternative ROM. It's by far the nicest one I've tried so far and the thing I like most about it is how it has really been made to feel like it is Linux-based.

Yeah, I know it's Linux-based no matter what, but there was many nice choices made in choosing which busybox functions to enable, in how the /system/etc folder was setup with init.d, and it just makes a lot of sense and is very usable from the terminal emulator and even easier to hack the startup scripts, etc. (even bash, vi, modprobe and nano are quite nice on this).

It's really nice to open a bash shell and use Tab completion, up-arrow (well the up part of the 'pad' for history..)

-------

So of course, I have a question and I'm not sure that this isn't just me being overly picky:

I have the feeling that the touch screen is slightly less sensitive or that the touching area (say the pixels of a given icon) are less than the area of the pixels. I almost feel like I have to touch them a bit below where my eyes tell me they are.

Is this something anyone else has noticed? Also for anyone involved in the ROM: Is there an API for the touch sensitivity of the screen and is it being adjusted at all by any changes in this ROM?

Anyway, great job. My compliments -- Hashi

djbrent2

Reaction score
i need help. i installed the rom, the google pack, the 1100 lv kernel, and the Incognito theme. everything was fine. i switched to cytown phone and the updated music app. everything was fine. i turned off ads and camera sounds. after i rebooted, all of my widgets were broken. that's fine. i readded them ok. but the problem is, phone is gone. contacts are gone. it says no icon where it used to be. it also says no icon for Speech Recorder, but that's how it installed. so, i went back and switched to cytown again, but phone and contacts are still not there. i can receive calls, but i can't make any. how do i fix this without starting over, please? thanks.

captdroid

Reaction score
i need help. i installed the rom, the google pack, the 1100 lv kernel, and the Incognito theme. everything was fine. i switched to cytown phone and the updated music app. everything was fine. i turned off ads and camera sounds. after i rebooted, all of my widgets were broken. that's fine. i readded them ok. but the problem is, phone is gone. contacts are gone. it says no icon where it used to be. it also says no icon for Speech Recorder, but that's how it installed. so, i went back and switched to cytown again, but phone and contacts are still not there. i can receive calls, but i can't make any. how do i fix this without starting over, please? thanks.

Try switchapk back to stock phone? Or reapply the ROM update.zip without wipe.

Mikejl

Reaction score
Looking for a kind hearted graphics guy that would be willing to take this Sapphire png and make it transparent so I can use it as the launcher button for Launcher Pro.

I messed around with Paint.net for awhile trying to figure this out on my own, but graphics and an artistic nature are not my strong points.

00029.png

Thank you,
Mike

shocka2430

Reaction score
Best I could do bud. I have one i made if you would like to try it i'll upload both.

Bateluer

Reaction score
Flashed this ROM this morning. Very nice work. :)

Not too keen on it having AmazonMP3, VVM, CarHome, etc, in it by default, but they were easily removed with scriptybox and instructions from the wiki, so no big deal.

I got some overheating issues with the kernels provided on the release page, but it seems to have been resolved by using chevyno1's ulow 1Ghz kernel.

A shame tough, I can no longer brag about my Quadrant scores to my stock friends. :p

Edit - Anyone notice that the Calendar widget in the NexTang theme is dark gray with black text and black borders? The app is fine, only the widget becomes impossible to read. Or is there a way to change the text coloring?

Last edited:

Thoraldus

Reaction score
Holy Battery Life Batman!!!

Up time 23 hours 45 minutes ... battery remaining 80% WOW!!! That was with several phone calls and moderate use of net and using several applications. Wifi on all the time. GPS off. Bluetooth off. No playing audio. Left it on overnight too. ;-)

Thank you Sapphire Team!

p.s. Stability = ROCK SOLID

Last edited:

Lucas5

Reaction score
i'm running sapphire 1.0 with the galaxy s theme, but there are instances where the phone seems to stutter and/or seems sluggish. i'm running the kernel that comes with the rom and launcher pro. all animations are turned off. i'm also running setcpu so that i could use the profiles. the phone is set to run at 1.0ghz.
could it be the theme that is putting an extra load on the apps and/or UI?

YankInDaSouth

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
i'm running sapphire 1.0 with the galaxy s theme, but there are instances where the phone seems to stutter and/or seems sluggish. i'm running the kernel that comes with the rom and launcher pro. all animations are turned off. i'm also running setcpu so that i could use the profiles. the phone is set to run at 1.0ghz.
could it be the theme that is putting an extra load on the apps and/or UI?

It may be the theme - I use launcher pro too and everything has been running fast and smooth for me. Did you wipe data/cache prior to flashing?

Thoraldus

Reaction score
You can use the setInstallLocation command above but that generally causes more problems. Apps with widgets won't display and apps won't appear in the app tray on 3rd party launchers without force closing the launcher. Probably easier to just wait on the app developer unless it's something you really don't use often.

I find it's not "all or nothing". I only move those apps which can live peaceably on the SDCARD. Those that can't do not get moved. Works for me. ;-)

Bateluer

Reaction score
Up time 23 hours 45 minutes ... battery remaining 80% WOW!!! That was with several phone calls and moderate use of net and using several applications. Wifi on all the time. GPS off. Bluetooth off. No playing audio. Left it on overnight too. ;-)

Thank you Sapphire Team!

p.s. Stability = ROCK SOLID

What kernel/clock are you running for that? I was about to comment on how poor the battery life of Sapphire seemed to be compared to CM6RC2, which always lasted close to 30hrs for me with normal use.