Holy Finishing Touches Batman, it's Sapphire 1.0

TechJPC

Reaction score
Can someone give me a brief explanation of what GoogleApps is and where it is ?

minger

Reaction score
Is there an easy way to get opencore back onto Sapphire? I sort of checked the box for the other option in Rom manager when I did it, not realizing what it was for.

bump47

Reaction score
Ok so I wanted to try Sapphire out because apparently source built stuff is awesome. I am coming from BB.4 which I love and have no problems at all with.

So I used clockworkmod and put sapphires .zip on my sd card and then went into recovery and did all the routine stuff. I wiped several times, just because I like to make sure its clean and I don't mind reseting stuff.

So I got it to install but when it loaded, there was no welcome screen like normal, ya know with the green android guy and you sign into your gmail account. weird? So then of course there was no market app, so I went into accounts to log into my gmail account and it would log in. There was an error. I tried 3 times re-entering my email and password. No luck.

I'm sure it's user error, but what happened? What did I do wrong?

winner00

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Ok so I wanted to try Sapphire out because apparently source built stuff is awesome. I am coming from BB.4 which I love and have no problems at all with.

So I used clockworkmod and put sapphires .zip on my sd card and then went into recovery and did all the routine stuff. I wiped several times, just because I like to make sure its clean and I don't mind reseting stuff.

So I got it to install but when it loaded, there was no welcome screen like normal, ya know with the green android guy and you sign into your gmail account. weird? So then of course there was no market app, so I went into accounts to log into my gmail account and it would log in. There was an error. I tried 3 times re-entering my email and password. No luck.

I'm sure it's user error, but what happened? What did I do wrong?
You have to install the Google Apps. Go here and download it:
releases:sapphire-1.0.0 [CVPCS Sapphire Wiki]

brochaos

Reaction score
Is there an easy way to get opencore back onto Sapphire? I sort of checked the box for the other option in Rom manager when I did it, not realizing what it was for.

opencore isn't gone, it just means that stagefright is set to true. if you are comfortable editing text, you can edit your build.prop file, i use root explorer and it is really easy.

DDCtech

Reaction score
So here's a funny thing that happened a couple of times yesterday. I was on a bluetooth call in my truck. I ended the call (first time by pressing the button on the headset and the second time by pressing the END icon) and then I start hearing music over my BT earpiece. For some reason the music player started playing a song when I ended the call. Any thoughts?

BeGood

Reaction score
WOW, I am set and not moving. Just use phone time.
One question, I do not see in spare parts an option for title bar color changes? And lost on what the Gem setting thing talked about.
Sorry if it sounds stupid question.

For info, wiped data then cache 3 times each before install. Wanted to start out all clean. Loaded rom then gapps and setting up for long haul now.

Never mind, I realized double posted in places.

Last edited:

Anomander

Reaction score
Just installed today and this is my first True ROM other then the leaked Froyo versions. Very impressed with the speed of it (boots in superfast) and so far it is pretty responsive. My wifi signal strength looks stronger too (must be how I grip the phone :D). Seriously though I am looking forward to seeing how this performs and liking what I see so far. A big thanks for all the hard work you guys have done bringing it to this point, and a Kudos for SamuriHL for reminding me to install this with some gentle prodding.

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I'm happy you got it up and running and are happy with it! This is a GREAT rom for sure.

S

scrub175

After you installed the ROM did you move or rename that update.zip file so that you didn't have two update.zip files on your SD card?

That was one of my questions... I have the main file as update and apps as downloaded. I can't make them both update.zip. how can I rename the other files update.zip in cwm without reboot or pulling card and going to pc?

I did try cwm .13 and still no go. I did the update from sd card and not update.zip. bootload was stuck cycling for greater than ten minutes. Going offline to reboot.

Thanks for the help

Delete the old update.zip and rename new one

For each file install? I was hoping the boot from sd would catch the other 4 zips to install rather than going back tot he computer to rename each zip update.

Today I tried the sprecovery update.zip install of the ROM alone and it cycled for half an hour with no boot. Not sure what else to do.

captdroid

Reaction score
That was one of my questions... I have the main file as update and apps as downloaded. I can't make them both update.zip. how can I rename the other files update.zip in cwm without reboot or pulling card and going to pc?

I did try cwm .13 and still no go. I did the update from sd card and not update.zip. bootload was stuck cycling for greater than ten minutes. Going offline to reboot.

Thanks for the help

Delete the old update.zip and rename new one

For each file install? I was hoping the boot from sd would catch the other 4 zips to install rather than going back tot he computer to rename each zip update.

Today I tried the sprecovery update.zip install of the ROM alone and it cycled for half an hour with no boot. Not sure what else to do.

Use clockwork which can install any zip file name in whatever folder you put the zip files.