Gorgeous, mysterious, EVO-ish HTC device headed for Verizon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eddog4DROID

Reaction score
So the question is:

Will this be a clone of the Desire H or just a relative? As in, should I be reading that Desire HD review that was just posted and assuming I can base this phone off of it? Or will this phone be ... different?

I'm guessing it will be very similar but there may be some differences. Like maybe verizon will put a better battery in there (i hope) :p

What about the Front Camera? Sounds like the Desire HD does not have one.

Googleaddict

Reaction score
So the question is:

Will this be a clone of the Desire H or just a relative? As in, should I be reading that Desire HD review that was just posted and assuming I can base this phone off of it? Or will this phone be ... different?

I'm guessing it will be very similar but there may be some differences. Like maybe verizon will put a better battery in there (i hope) :p

What about the Front Camera? Sounds like the Desire HD does not have one.

Yeah our version will have a ff camera and a kickstand :icon_ banana:

electric6

Reaction score
I am getting this phone the second it is released. Been on the iphone train for wayyyy too long! Lol I will wait in line overnight for this if I have to, I'm not going to wait for 3-4 weeks to get one after the initial shipment.

jlaidlaw

Reaction score
Well I know what I'll be buying next...

Sounds like a good reason to come out of hiding too... :p
Wow you're still alive? Haha... but really this would be awesome if we could get more developers from the D1 to go to this phone. Now we just need to find out if this is going to be locked down or not.

Sent from my Droid

Eddog4DROID

Reaction score
I am looking for reasons why I NEED to go to this phone with the onslaught coming after. If you live in an area where LTE is coming, i'd wait. I don't, so that is why I am looking at this. I am thinking LTE MAY be battery wasting, more expesive phones, more expensive plans. THIS might be the last major d"deal" we get.

Am I right? Or am I right?

Totally random question--I guess not too random since it is about deals. Does releasing close to Black Friday mean they will actually have a discounts on this phone then? Or is it simply because people go shopping that days so ---> better exposure.

My Annual Upgrade is Dec 2nd. If I REALLY wanted, I am thinking calling in and they wouldn't have problem moving up a couple of days if there really are Black Friday benefits?

viper1549

Reaction score
Well I know what I'll be buying next...

Sounds like a good reason to come out of hiding too... :p

OMG its the god!!! you have returned sir, i am glad you are into this phone will we be seeing a droid incredible hd smoked glass ROM? :)

bizzshow

Reaction score
I am looking for reasons why I NEED to go to this phone with the onslaught coming after. If you live in an area where LTE is coming, i'd wait. I don't, so that is why I am looking at this. I am thinking LTE MAY be battery wasting, more expesive phones, more expensive plans. THIS might be the last major d"deal" we get.

Totally random question--I guess not too random since it is about deals. Does releasing close to Black Friday mean they will actually have a discounts on this phone then? Or is it simply because people go shopping that days so ---> better exposure.

My Annual Upgrade is Dec 2nd. If I REALLY wanted, I am thinking calling in and they wouldn't have problem moving up a couple of days if there really are Black Friday benefits?
the way I see it the first lte phones will be great and be featured packed but with the possibility of higher cost and the fact that I won't have lte until late 2011 at the earliest I don't see a point in jumping on right now I will try and save my annual until I get my new every two just in case something really tempts me

Blackhawk55

Reaction score

The "onslaught coming after" is what might have me sitting on the proverbial fence come 11/23. While this looks like a nice "step" up from my Droid 1, I hesitate using my annual upgrade for a mere step when another month or two might provide a "leap" up to to a whole new generation of devices. Not only for LTE which I should be getting in my area but also the power and graphics of the Tegra 2 line. While not I am not really a gamer per se, does this article suggest the Tegra will be a revolutionary platform over what we know today?

Tegra 2 devices have games that won?t run on your current handset – Android and Me)

I'm not trying to lessen any anticipation for the Incredible HD but soliciting opinions by others with similar concerns. I fear the 23rd will be here too fast for me!

Deadpool9

Reaction score
Same here. And after looking at the Desire HD review, I would love to have the Incredible HD.

The only thing that frightens me about it is the battery life... Yikes.

Extended battery :D? And maybe verizon will stick a better battery in there. If not, it should be able to last for the whole day with normal use.

Thats what I am thinking. Between a home charger at the house, a dock at work, and a car charger, I am rarely out all day with an inability to charge. And if I am out away from electricity of some sort, I am usually not needing wifi or bluetooth on. Having GPS that actually works might be different though. (Currently using a VZW WinMo 6.1 device that has locked out GPS, ugh!)

Deadpool9

Reaction score

The "onslaught coming after" is what might have me sitting on the proverbial fence come 11/23. While this looks like a nice "step" up from my Droid 1, I hesitate using my annual upgrade for a mere step when another month or two might provide a "leap" up to to a whole new generation of devices. Not only for LTE which I should be getting in my area but also the power and graphics of the Tegra 2 line. While not I am not really a gamer per se, does this article suggest the Tegra will be a revolutionary platform over what we know today?

Tegra 2 devices have games that won?t run on your current handset – Android and Me)

I'm not trying to lessen any anticipation for the Incredible HD but soliciting opinions by others with similar concerns. I fear the 23rd will be here too fast for me!

That is exactly why I am going with 1 year contracts from now on. I have been stuck with the same crappy phone for 2 years, and just now getting to upgrade. Sure, i will have to pay $70 more for a 1yr vs 2yr, but the phone will have more resell value in 1yr vs 2. Even this junky phone I currently have is still going for almost $100 on ebay...

Blackhawk55

Reaction score
That is exactly why I am going with 1 year contracts from now on. I have been stuck with the same crappy phone for 2 years, and just now getting to upgrade. Sure, i will have to pay $70 more for a 1yr vs 2yr, but the phone will have more resell value in 1yr vs 2. Even this junky phone I currently have is still going for almost $100 on ebay...

Have you checked to see if you are eligible for the "secret" annual upgrade program? I'm kidding about the secret part mostly. The VZW reps will tell you your status but you just don't read about it on their site. I don't recall all the rules but basically you are eligible for the promo prices after one year of a two-year contract if you are in "good standing" because you pay your bill of something like $60/month or greater. You don't get the free NE2 that way but it is like only getting a one year contract using two year pricing.

electric6

Reaction score
LTE is very tempting, but like some on here I don't live in a area that will offer it until 2012 probably. Plus if i wait these LTE phones will likely have all the battery issues worked out by then!

Status
Not open for further replies.