Gorgeous, mysterious, EVO-ish HTC device headed for Verizon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
lol same here, i would get grounded from computer and when it breaks she would call me to fix it.. this is when i was like 13, 14ish lol.. and when she thought she was smart putting a password on the computer she didnt consider i could make a back up disc to reset the password lmao.. good times

Getting off topic a bit, but I just booted into safemode and used the administrator account that comes setup there as my way to switch the password of my password and change hers to. Lmao here as well.

Trying out Sprint for a month. Sent from my Evo using Tapatalk. 4G is pointless when you don't live in one of the few available network areas.

viper1549

Reaction score
i hope we can get some pics in here soon to get us back on topic :D

miamiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!!!!!11111

electric6

Reaction score
I'm sure hoping this phone has a highly customizable rom, easily rootable ect,. With the jobs phones all you can do is jailbreak... I could care less about a FFC, I'm not kinky like that:). But yeah, no bing and google branding on the back/droid prefix would make this almost perfect.

Oh and I heard big red is experimenting with utilizing 3G/EV-DO much like att uses its 3G/EDGE for talk and net at the same time. It would be badass if that was true and they implemented it in this phone, ala att. I will miss that from the iphone if not, but its not a game killer for me.

bd1212

Reaction score
i hope we can get some pics in here soon to get us back on topic :D

miamiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!!!!!11111

I have literally been checking every 20 minutes to see if Miami has posted em lol... doing this during school ran down the battery to dead. D:

bd1212

Reaction score
Since a lot of reviews are saying that the battery on this isn't the best, couldn't it be mitigated with the new Fast Boot thats in the new HTC Sense? What I'm saying is, when you aren't using the phone, shut it off, when you need the phone again, just turn it on, and since it has Fast Boot, it'll be up an running within seconds. Wouldn't this really help with battery life?

Deadpool9

Reaction score
That is exactly why I am going with 1 year contracts from now on. I have been stuck with the same crappy phone for 2 years, and just now getting to upgrade. Sure, i will have to pay $70 more for a 1yr vs 2yr, but the phone will have more resell value in 1yr vs 2. Even this junky phone I currently have is still going for almost $100 on ebay...

Have you checked to see if you are eligible for the "secret" annual upgrade program? I'm kidding about the secret part mostly. The VZW reps will tell you your status but you just don't read about it on their site. I don't recall all the rules but basically you are eligible for the promo prices after one year of a two-year contract if you are in "good standing" because you pay your bill of something like $60/month or greater. You don't get the free NE2 that way but it is like only getting a one year contract using two year pricing.

I called them about that one time and they told me that they did not know where I got that info, but that offer was no longer available and I would not be eligible for an upgrade until my NE2 date was reached unless I wanted to pay full price for a phone.

goathog02

Reaction score
Since a lot of reviews are saying that the battery on this isn't the best, couldn't it be mitigated with the new Fast Boot thats in the new HTC Sense? What I'm saying is, when you aren't using the phone, shut it off, when you need the phone again, just turn it on, and since it has Fast Boot, it'll be up an running within seconds. Wouldn't this really help with battery life?

Maybe...except no incoming communications. But that is still better than nothing at all.

bd1212

Reaction score

Maybe...except no incoming communications. But that is still better than nothing at all.

True.. but if you're busy at work or school, this is an easy, quick way to save battery. I'm 15 and when I get this phone, I'm going to be using this feature a lot during school... shall save me tons of battery life... same if when I go on a long car ride and I want to just take a nap in the car and want to be able to use my phone the following night, I can just pick it up, turn it on, and in seconds, I'm back in action. ;)

crimton

Reaction score
That is exactly why I am going with 1 year contracts from now on. I have been stuck with the same crappy phone for 2 years, and just now getting to upgrade. Sure, i will have to pay $70 more for a 1yr vs 2yr, but the phone will have more resell value in 1yr vs 2. Even this junky phone I currently have is still going for almost $100 on ebay...

Have you checked to see if you are eligible for the "secret" annual upgrade program? I'm kidding about the secret part mostly. The VZW reps will tell you your status but you just don't read about it on their site. I don't recall all the rules but basically you are eligible for the promo prices after one year of a two-year contract if you are in "good standing" because you pay your bill of something like $60/month or greater. You don't get the free NE2 that way but it is like only getting a one year contract using two year pricing.

I called them about that one time and they told me that they did not know where I got that info, but that offer was no longer available and I would not be eligible for an upgrade until my NE2 date was reached unless I wanted to pay full price for a phone.

verizon is crazy because i just upgraded my phone which is not the main line after only like 14 months and i could have done it at 10. i just bypass all the red tape and go online and it tells you right there if you can upgrade, i didn't have to sweet talk anyone or anything like that. i also did the same thing on my wifes phone before her NE2, we both got incredibles. maybe its because we were both upgrading to data plans and verizon wants to lock you into that extra 30 a month.

viper1549

Reaction score

you should of laughed at them and then asked for a manager. that is the bad thing with vzn reps most of them either dont know what they are talking about or vzn gives mixed answers to different branches of customer service.

Eddog4DROID

Reaction score
Let's let the man ... breeeathe......they'll come.

Of course, that doesn't stop me from checking this thread every ten minutes.

Personally, I am not sure what Pictures will do? Look at the Desire HD, Look at the EVO and we got an idea. I am more interested in verified SPECS.

EgooEspada

Reaction score
I want to see pics to pretty much verify the phone is near.
Course, I trust Miami and his sources. :)

Sent from my Droid

drewhilvers

Reaction score
pics

I guess for me pics will just really sink it in that it real and its really coming the 23rd.

Plus maybe a few new shots that show of features that were not visible in the first set.

Status
Not open for further replies.