Gonna build cyanogenmod 7 for the pro

paulieleilani

Reaction score
thanks...Im trying to use the z4root app but I cant get to work. is there a nother app i should be using? or a diffrent method all togeather?

StingRay

Reaction score
If you are currently running 3.8.7 I believe that zroot will not work...you will need to download and use "Aroot"...you can find on xda in the Atrix forums....

Aroot involves using your PC in the rooting process rather than just an app on your Pro...

CrackMonkey91

Reaction score
man i cant wait for the beta of this i will load it up so fast

edit: For sure data and phone calls and text message is working right? as long as thats working im good

Last edited:
OP
J

JackpotClavin

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
k guys heres my alpha build: cyanogen_venus2-ota-eng.jonathan.zip it is a direct port of the droid x by cvpcs. i'd like to thank cvpcs, koush, and cyanogenmod and tbh for the help and guidance. you should make a clockwork backup of whatever version youre running and then you gotta sbf back to 2.26.60. if you bootloop on the initial reboot, pull the battery and reinsert it while pressing r+m+power and wipe data and cache then reboot. you should reactivate your phone when it prompts you to do so. after the long 2.26.60 start up process, you should root (i use z4root), then install droid 2/x bootstrapper and reboot into recovery. after you boot into clockwork, go to mounts and storage and wipe system, data, and cache. the go back to the initial screen and select choose zip from sd card and install the zip i posted. there are dumb bugs i know this is only my alpha build. this is just a showing of the progress ive been able to make between work and enjoying the summer life. enjoy guys more and only better things to come for the pro in the near future

edit if you want gmail and the marketplace and such, you need to download gapps from the bottom of the cyanogenmod website here http://wiki.cyanogenmod.com/wiki/Latest_Version (the cm7 one) then put that zip on your sdcard, then choose zip from sdcard and pick that one

Last edited:

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Great work on getting the alpha ready for download! Can you give us an overview of what works/doesn't work? That way, people will know if a feature they need isn't working properly yet.

OP
J

JackpotClavin

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
data, voice, and wifi work. camera and camcorder do not, the landscape virtual keyboard does not which is my main priority right now, light sensor does not work which means the keyboard backlights do not work as they are tied together but i do believe i have a workaround for my next build to have the keyboard backlight function but everything else works to my knowledge. one big thing i should let you know before you install is that suggestions while typing do now work as of right now so if you rely on suggestions a lot this build may not be your build yet

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Sounds like you've done a fantastic job so far. Try downloading keyboard backlight from the market to see if it is a possible work-around for the backlight issue. It most likely won't work but its worth a shot.

CrackMonkey91

Reaction score
Well I'm about to switch over from stock to cm7 as long as i can text and go Internet I will be fine i will check in later.

Sent from my DROID Pro

cpc28655

Reaction score
I've been running it for a few hours now, it seems ok. That boot animation could some work, but that is not an essential function, lol.

Edit: Theme chooser does not work. It will reset to the default theme after a reboot.
Edit: When in multimedia cock, the clock is in landscape mode instead of portrait mode.

Last edited:

gsu_golfer

Reaction score
Can someone lay out the steps? I assume it's:

1) SBF to 2.26
2) Download ROM Manager
3) Boot into CWM
4) Install zip
5) Voila!

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Are we supposed to be on 2.26.20 or 2.26.60 in order to install? I have sbfed to 2.26.20 and am confused as to whether or not I need to OTA update to 2.26.60 in order to get this running.

_lurker

Reaction score
k guys heres my alpha build

Long time lurker here, I just registered to say thank you thank you thank you for all you've done. I've been cursing my phone for having that moto crap for a long time. You're the man!