Gonna build cyanogenmod 7 for the pro

JackpotClavin

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
hey guys i'm gonna give cm7 a shot. btw the droid x update cvpcs posted works if you flash on clockworkmod ONLY IF YOU'RE DOING THIS FROM 2.26.60. The 3.7 something build will not allow booting

google123

Reaction score
hey guys i'm gonna give cm7 a shot. btw the droid x update cvpcs posted works if you flash on clockworkmod ONLY IF YOU'RE DOING THIS FROM 2.26.60. The 3.7 something build will not allow booting

Did you say that the Droid X CM7 build will work on the Pro as long as you are at .60 when you load it? Did I understand right? If so, I may have to take a stab at it. I have really enjoyed GB on my Pro but nothing beats AOSP. dancedroid

google123

Reaction score
Quick question, If I already have GB on my Pro, can I just download the CM7 update.zip and install it without having to go back to SBF>.60???

OP
J

JackpotClavin

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
you have to sbf back to 2.26.60 as no other builds allow for 2nd init except this one, if i were you i wouldnt try this as the phone is for the most part useless. the radio does not even work. if you wanna try it you will need root explorer to modify the build.prop in /system/ and change the pixel density from 240 to 160 or else the phone will think the screen is larger than it actually is and you will not be able to see the extremities of the screen

google123

Reaction score
you have to sbf back to 2.26.60 as no other builds allow for 2nd init except this one, if i were you i wouldnt try this as the phone is for the most part useless. the radio does not even work. if you wanna try it you will need root explorer to modify the build.prop in /system/ and change the pixel density from 240 to 160 or else the phone will think the screen is larger than it actually is and you will not be able to see the extremities of the screen

Hmmmm, no working radio? Nope, gotta have a working radio....LOL

OP
J

JackpotClavin

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
k got the radio working, will most likely be working on this the for the rest of the weekend to get it so the bugs are manageable enough

kjjb0204

Reaction score
So what does this mean? I'm a complete newb.
This means you could get a rom that is 100% blur free, running gingerbread, and tons of speed!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Is that accurate? Isn't CM packed with tons of extras? I remember running on my DInc and there were so many additional options and features I got tired of tweaking it. I would love a pure, GB vanilla rom.