Gonna build cyanogenmod 7 for the pro

cpc28655

Reaction score
I will also be glad to beta test this. I just had my gall bladder removed, so I have nothing else to do for a couple of weeks, lol.

CrackMonkey91

Reaction score
Im so going to keep checking in till its out man i have been waiting for this since i got the droid pro could not afford to get something better so got the PRO love it now but i need my Cyanogenmod coming from OG Droid

t_buzz

Reaction score
So I have to ask. If the bootloaders locked on the Pro, how is this gonna work? I had an OG Droid, I ran Bugless Beast on for close to a year, but I've been a Pro user for three weeks now, and absolutely hate Blur, so looking forward to this.

CrackMonkey91

Reaction score
I'm not a hundred percent sure how it works but im guessing something to do with hijacking at boot like when you boot in to the Droid 2 bootstrap, and yah same here came from first Droid Eris then OG Droid

Sent from my DROID Pro

kjjb0204

Reaction score
So I have to ask. If the bootloaders locked on the Pro, how is this gonna work? I had an OG Droid, I ran Bugless Beast on for close to a year, but I've been a Pro user for three weeks now, and absolutely hate Blur, so looking forward to this.

The locked bootloader only prevents you from loading custom kernels. Custom roms only need root access. If you hate blur, just get a replacement home launcher like LauncherPro or ADW. Have put LP on every Android device I've owned and probably always will. Don't need a rom to get around blur.

^Rb

Reaction score
Will CM7 allow for 3G tethering?

(the ONE reason why I'm bummed I upgraded to GB 2.3.3)

cpc28655

Reaction score

The locked bootloader only prevents you from loading custom kernels. Custom roms only need root access. If you hate blur, just get a replacement home launcher like LauncherPro or ADW. Have put LP on every Android device I've owned and probably always will. Don't need a rom to get around blur.

But you can't get rid of that ugly blue notification bar.

google123

Reaction score
I wish there was complete customization in android without need for rooting and having to install new ROMs just to change something as simple as the color of the notification bar. You want black color just go to settings/personalize and change it! That would be cool.

Sent from my DROID Pro using DroidForums

Freak4Dell

Reaction score
I'm willing to beta test. I only use my Pro overseas, so it doesn't matter if everything doesn't work correctly while I'm here in the States for another month or so.

OP
J

JackpotClavin

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
okay guys here's an update. there is a bug in the settings where enabling a particular setting will not do anything. it just reverts back to the way it was before if you go back and check. the only way to enable the setting is actually reboot the phone... it's a real PITA. it also turns out the droid 2 and possibly the droid x are having this problem as well. as for the phone itself, i got the accelerometer working but switching back and forth between auto rotation screen and fixed portrait is a real hassle with that settings bug. voice works flawlessly, same with data and 3g and wifi works too. the camera and camcorder do not work as of right now but i really haven't spent a single second on that as of yet. my next thing to take on is the light sensor because without a working light sensor, the haptic keys and keyboard backlights do not illuminate when they should because they get not reading from the sensor itself which makes it difficult to be on the phone in dark places. if you guys will like my latest alpha build, i'll post the one i'm compiling right now tomorrow. i will give instructions if i do so no worries

edit: also, gps acquires a signal ridiculously fast for some strange but good reason. however, enabling and disabling satellites tends not to work with the reverting settings bug i talked about earlier unless you reboot

edit2: and yes, the crt acreen off/on animations work and are as awesome as ever

Last edited:

paulieleilani

Reaction score
thats awesome I loved cyanogen on my D1, was hopeing id be able to use it on my pro...now i just need to get rooting my pro to work. Can anyone help with that?