Gonna build cyanogenmod 7 for the pro

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
You don't have to tweak it. Its all about choice...and its awesome.

kjjb0204

Reaction score

I know it offers plenty of choice, but what I really want is a barebones vanilla rom. CM is touted as vanilla, but it's got so many add-ons I don't think it should be considered as vanilla. I want mine completely vanilla, like the original Nexus device.

666ogre666

Reaction score

I know it offers plenty of choice, but what I really want is a barebones vanilla rom. CM is touted as vanilla, but it's got so many add-ons I don't think it should be considered as vanilla. I want mine completely vanilla, like the original Nexus device.

So why'd you buy a locked down phone?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6

That's what im saying...is that you have the CHOICE to run it how you want. If you want barebones then just don't tweak it. Unless you just really prefer not to even see "CyanogenMod Settings" in the settings menu it would be a great barebones rom. CyanogenMod has such a huge following that they try to please everyone by giving the user maximum customization. That way people who want customization have it and those that don't care for customization can leave it as is.

kjjb0204

Reaction score

So why'd you buy a locked down phone?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Just to clarify - I very much appreciate the efforts of anyone developing these roms - I surely couldn't do it, no time, no knowledge. I was only saying my preference would be to have a fully vanilla rom, but if there is a fully working CM developed for the DP, I would most definitely give it a shot and donate if it works well. As for why I bought this phone, it's the only one with the form factor I crave and all the Android goodness you don't get with a BB. I used to try a new rom almost weekly on my old DInc but it got to be cumbersome to the point where half the time I was on the device was spent tweaking, saving, backing up, flashing, etc. I'm at the point where I just want it to work - load up a vanilla rom and USE the device instead of tweaking it all the time.

OP
J

JackpotClavin

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
very well actually. it's super smooth and the battery life is noticeably better. there are a few small bugs which are fixable and i'm building it right now actually. i'd give it till the weekend and then i will post the beta for you guys to run and give me feedback on which can be fixed for the next build =)

dettofatto

Reaction score
very well actually. it's super smooth and the battery life is noticeably better. there are a few small bugs which are fixable and i'm building it right now actually. i'd give it till the weekend and then i will post the beta for you guys to run and give me feedback on which can be fixed for the next build =)

Thank You!
And so, will i have a full italian phone?

TooUglyForU

Reaction score
Looking forward for this. Thank you so much for making this.

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums

andy'sfriend

Reaction score

Like the rest of the posters on this thread, I think this is awesome news. Thanks for doing this. And, of course, I'll be happy to give it a try too when you release a beta.