Froyo Release Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigsal82

Reaction score
Does anyone know if we'll be able to install future 2.2 based roms (cyan,bb etc) when they are available. I know its probably a simple answer but just wanted to be certain. i would love to give Cyanogen 2.2 based rom a shot when its ready.

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if we'll be able to install future 2.2 based roms (cyan,bb etc) when they are available. I know its probably a simple answer but just wanted to be certain. i would love to give Cyanogen 2.2 based rom a shot when its ready.

Yes, Why wouldn't you be able to? Cyanogen will be out once the source code is released. :)

bigsal82

Reaction score

Yes, Why wouldn't you be able to? Cyanogen will be out once the source code is released. :)

I figured i would be able to. I just wanted to ask to be sure thats all since this is such a great community. Btw this is a good rom had no issues just wondering if theres a way to get the percentage back in the battery meter. I checked spare parts i didnt see it in there anymore.

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score

I figured i would be able to. I just wanted to ask to be sure thats all since this is such a great community. Btw this is a good rom had no issues just wondering if theres a way to get the percentage back in the battery meter. I checked spare parts i didnt see it in there anymore.

Yeah that was a tweak within the Cyanogen'c code. I don't think you can add it unless you get theme that adds it to the battery pics.

superglen99

Reaction score
Froyo app drawer can take a full minute to load sometimes, any help? Also when I set adw as default and hit home it always goes to default launche even after phone restart, any ideas? And rom/manager won't let me fix permissions and my htc keyboard always force closes. Help please!!!

That's probably because if you have SETCPU its automatically safeguarding your device by running at 342mhz. Go enable SetCPU and change the frequency to the stock frequency (around 600mhz) and it'll work just fine.

No I've been running 1100mhz the whole time so set cpu was not the problem. I use ADW now but even that lags a bit when going to the home screen but the app drawer actually loads. So what about my other problems? HTC keyboard force closes when I long press and select it from a text field. Rom manager says "an error occurred while attempting to run privelaged commands" when I hit fix permissions. HELP!

Diordna

Reaction score
Way to much pages. Can you guys tell me what you think of this Froyo? idk if I want to try it, plus I guess I'm waiting on Pete to do something with it.

Pro's and con's for you?
Thanks!

Reaction score
My battery is getting raped with 2.2 and P3's 1200mhz kernel. I've had to charge twice today.

I'm not doubting you, but I have had the exact opposite experience. I'm now 25 hours off-dock (i.e., since I'd last charged to 100%), and I still have 30% battery left. Now yesterday was a light day for me, but not significantly so, and I NEVER got 24 hours on my 2.0 or 2.1 ROMS. So... something for me is gelling... (nb: I use both JuiceDefender and setCPU, but I did on 2.0 and 2.1 also.)

Reaction score
I seriously wonder what the people who have been raving about great battery life have been doing to test the battery. I suspect they haven't really been putting it through any real tests.

I haven't "tested" it at all, other than just using the phone like I normally do. I'm now 25 hours since last charge; I never saw that kind of life from 2.0 or 2.1, and I'm using the phone about the same amount. Maybe a little more yesterday due to playing with the new features. Some email, some browsing, some pandora, some nav. Typical stuff for me.

Reaction score
I seriously wonder what the people who have been raving about great battery life have been doing to test the battery. I suspect they haven't really been putting it through any real tests.

If anyone has said ANYTHING positive about battery life on this leaked version of 2.2 combined with P3's kernel, they are full of it.

"The hyperbole is strong in this one..."

Your experience is not the same as everyone's. My battery life is demonstrably better than before.

SkullOne

Reaction score
Love this ROM. Have been using it since Saturday afternoon. Faster then hell and very snappy. 3D Launcher is a bit meh though. That's the only thing that lags a little bit. Want to put Helix back on my phone but it's missing from the Marketplace? :blink:

TAPOUT27

Silver Member
Reaction score

If anyone has said ANYTHING positive about battery life on this leaked version of 2.2 combined with P3's kernel, they are full of it.

"The hyperbole is strong in this one..."

Your experience is not the same as everyone's. My battery life is demonstrably better than before.

My batt life is pretty good as well on 2.2 @ 1.1ghz....average 12-14 hours with mild use, internet and vids

Status
Not open for further replies.