Froyo Release Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TAPOUT27

Silver Member
Reaction score
Love this ROM. Have been using it since Saturday afternoon. Faster then hell and very snappy. 3D Launcher is a bit meh though. That's the only thing that lags a little bit. Want to put Helix back on my phone but it's missing from the Marketplace? :blink:
I just use the ADW from the marketplace....runs awesome and smooth

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
Love this ROM. Have been using it since Saturday afternoon. Faster then hell and very snappy. 3D Launcher is a bit meh though. That's the only thing that lags a little bit. Want to put Helix back on my phone but it's missing from the Marketplace? :blink:

Try LauncherPro in the market. It's free and faster than the stock home on 2.2.

bje1982

Reaction score
Alright so I download the flash zip.. try to unzip it to get the apk out and keep getting "unexpected end of archive" error and i can see the apk but cannot extract it.. im using winrar.. broken file? ive redownloaded it and keep getting the same error.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Alright so I download the flash zip.. try to unzip it to get the apk out and keep getting "unexpected end of archive" error and i can see the apk but cannot extract it.. im using winrar.. broken file? ive redownloaded it and keep getting the same error.

Clear your download cache and try again.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

MAD450r

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
mad450r.spaces.live.com
cereal killere

I did a few tests with froyo and my BB and I can say its just as fast not one thing in froyo runs faster, you can argue all you want. MY BB runs faster than 2.2 and I did let it fully install.
as for Flash, I been using skyfire and I have had flash working for a while. No need to install 2.2 to add it for me.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
So I've been trying to keep up with this thread over the weekend, but just haven't been able to. My family and I are going out of town for a week and I'm going to need to make sure some of the basic functionality of the phone (mainly the phone itself, and maps/nav) are 100% reliable. I wanted to really push it and test it out but haven't had a chance. Any thoughts on whether or not I should flash back to my rooted 2.1 or not? I guess, in other words, for those that have this up and running, has it been running solid and reliable?

TAPOUT27

Silver Member
Reaction score
So I've been trying to keep up with this thread over the weekend, but just haven't been able to. My family and I are going out of town for a week and I'm going to need to make sure some of the basic functionality of the phone (mainly the phone itself, and maps/nav) are 100% reliable. I wanted to really push it and test it out but haven't had a chance. Any thoughts on whether or not I should flash back to my rooted 2.1 or not? I guess, in other words, for those that have this up and running, has it been running solid and reliable?

i DID THE INSTALL WITH CLOCKWORK...ALL RUNS GREAT WITH THE NEW P3 KERNEL AT 1.1GHZ...MAPS IS SOLID AND PHONE WORKS GREAT NO ISSUES AT ALL...NO REBOOTS AND I GET 15.239 MFLOPS ALL DAY LONG

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score

i DID THE INSTALL WITH CLOCKWORK...ALL RUNS GREAT WITH THE NEW P3 KERNEL AT 1.1GHZ...MAPS IS SOLID AND PHONE WORKS GREAT NO ISSUES AT ALL...NO REBOOTS AND I GET 15.239 MFLOPS ALL DAY LONG

Slow down with the caps lock bud.

TAPOUT27

Silver Member
Reaction score

Slow down with the caps lock bud.

i'll give it a shot...thanks

MAD450r

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
mad450r.spaces.live.com
samurai

samurai said:
Here's my full story:
1) I installed froyo on my droid
2) Dl'd and installed p3's "1ghz" kernel, but it actually turned out to be his 600mhz kernel
3) Dl'd his "1.25ghz" kernel, which is supposedly his real 1ghz kernel
4) Installed the new kernel
5) Went in to SetCPU to change my overclocking settings
6) Found out that my max speed was still 600mhz
Did you auto dectect your cpu when you went back into setcpu, most dont do that and end up with the previous speed setting no matter what kernal you install. Try that then let us know how it turned out.

Last edited by a moderator:

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I been running froyo since it first came out. I came from BB1.1 After the first few reboots, its nice. But, I'm using the Fly froyo ROM from Birdman. (Alldroid) Its running a lil more better.

So check out the 2.2 ROMs coming out too. And get a new launcher.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

MAD450r

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
mad450r.spaces.live.com
Installed it again

Just ran tests with my favorite apps open and twitch back anf forth for one battery life sucks campared to that of my BB rom, many will argue this but I dont see any speed improvement over BBv1.1. Many say froyo is so fast show me some speed.
I think noone has gotten BB running at fullspeed before or they all used other slower 2.1 roms. I've tried just about every rom and so far BBv1.0 and BBv1.1 as well as zeusdroid have been the fastest 2.1 roms. I'd like to see proof on a moto droid that froyo is actually faster than BB for everyday usuage.

I've had many tell me its faster show me some proof.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Just ran tests with my favorite apps open and twitch back anf forth for one battery life sucks campared to that of my BB rom, many will argue this but I dont see any speed improvement over BBv1.1. Many say froyo is so fast show me some speed.
I think noone has gotten BB running at fullspeed before or they all used other slower 2.1 roms. I've tried just about every rom and so far BBv1.0 and BBv1.1 as well as zeusdroid have been the fastest 2.1 roms. I'd like to see proof on a moto droid that froyo is actually faster than BB for everyday usuage.

I've had many tell me its faster show me some proof.

Your definitely in the minority on that...

libby777

Reaction score
WMV video files don't seem to play. "Sorry this video cannot be played". I assume we need some codecs like in the Windows world..

grinchy

Reaction score
anybody saying/thinking that their 2.1 rom...I dont care who's it is....it is not faster than this 2.2...

if you think that the 2.2 is slower...give it time to sync etc...could take 10 mins...could take 2 hrs...but after it is done...get setcpu installed...click auto detect...crank it up to even 800...

run linpack or quadrant...before vs after

post results....enjoy humble pie!

Status
Not open for further replies.