Froyo Release Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

bje1982

Reaction score
Alright so I download the flash zip.. try to unzip it to get the apk out and keep getting "unexpected end of archive" error and i can see the apk but cannot extract it.. im using winrar.. broken file? ive redownloaded it and keep getting the same error.

Clear your download cache and try again.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Download cache?

grinchy

Reaction score
anybody saying/thinking that their 2.1 rom..is faster/smoother....I dont care who's it is....it is not faster than this 2.2...

if you think that the 2.2 is slower...give it time to sync etc...could take 10 mins...could take 2 hrs...but after it is done...get setcpu installed...click auto detect...crank it up to even 800...

run linpack or quadrant...before vs after

post results....enjoy humble pie!

dancedroiddancedroid:icon_ banana::icon_ banana:

try it :)

MAD450r

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
mad450r.spaces.live.com
get yxflash player

with yzflash player you can play most wmv and xvid files some will slowdown at time but it does work for the most part. I use it daily on my increditble with tv-out.

as for me being in the minority I tried it on a motorola droid and I ran my BB on my droid I use skyfire browser and I can do everything froyo can and I find it runs faster on my droid. Do I have some magic super speed droid no im running 1.2 kernal on my BB, I tried mine set to 800mhz on BB while I had froyo at 1200 still my BB opens things faster so till I see proof its faster on froyo Im staying with Petes BB. I've seen BB get slow when installed over other roms without whiping completly twice. So many may have never used BB at its fullest speed.

Honestly not trying to start anything here im just speaking from my own experience. If im doing something wrong installing Froyo and not getting fullspeed maybe thats the issue, but I tried many times I even whiped 3 times as many suggested in this thread still not seeing it faster or even equal to how BB performs for me on my moto droid.

AngDroid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Customizing...

In case this that got lost in this fast moving thread...

Has anyone tried to deodex this ROM? Can you edit the services.jar file? APK file editing still works the same way?

Thanks for any info!

MAD450r

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
mad450r.spaces.live.com
Froyo

i've also tried installed via both sprecovery and my personal prefference clockwork recovery getting the exact same results speed wise.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I've mentioned this so many times, one easy example is the cpu test in Quadrant. On BB, run it and see how long it takes to finish 11/12.

Install 2.2 and see how long it takes. The cpu didnt change, the phone still has the same hardware, but the software it runs on did.... Someone also mentioned Better Cut loads menus or pics faster, cant remember which right now.

Thats 2 examples.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
i got a 1728 quadrant score on froyo (1.2ghz) and when i oc the same on 2.1 stock (no it's not BB, but from my experience, stock runs as smooth as BB...) i get half that

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Alright so I download the flash zip.. try to unzip it to get the apk out and keep getting "unexpected end of archive" error and i can see the apk but cannot extract it.. im using winrar.. broken file? ive redownloaded it and keep getting the same error.

Download cache?

If you got a bad download clearing the download cache on your PC will get rid of the old file.

Reaction score
Just ran tests with my favorite apps open and twitch back anf forth for one battery life sucks campared to that of my BB rom, many will argue this but I dont see any speed improvement over BBv1.1. Many say froyo is so fast show me some speed.
I think noone has gotten BB running at fullspeed before or they all used other slower 2.1 roms. I've tried just about every rom and so far BBv1.0 and BBv1.1 as well as zeusdroid have been the fastest 2.1 roms. I'd like to see proof on a moto droid that froyo is actually faster than BB for everyday usuage.

I've had many tell me its faster show me some proof.

Considering the numbers of quadrant and linpack screenshots here that all show 2.2 being SIGNIFICANTLY faster, I'd say the burden of proof is up to you, not them.

What "tests" did you run? Where are your numbers, or are these all subjective "feels faster", "feels slower" things? How did you install 2.2; did you wipe the data and cache? You leave so many important questions unanswered, then demand proof of everyone else? Sorry, it doesn't work that way.

Mind you, I *LOVE* Pete's ROMs and can't wait for him to put out a 2.2 version so I can move to it, but trying to assert 2.2 is inferior to his 2.1 based products in speed is just silly.

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
Considering the numbers of quadrant and linpack screenshots here that all show 2.2 being SIGNIFICANTLY faster, I'd say the burden of proof is up to you, not them.

What "tests" did you run? Where are your numbers, or are these all subjective "feels faster", "feels slower" things? How did you install 2.2; did you wipe the data and cache? You leave so many important questions unanswered, then demand proof of everyone else? Sorry, it doesn't work that way.

Mind you, I *LOVE* Pete's ROMs and can't wait for him to put out a 2.2 version so I can move to it, but trying to assert 2.2 is inferior to his 2.1 based products in speed is just silly.[/QUOTE]

Download cache?

If you got a bad download clearing the download cache on your PC will get rid of the old file.

I think ^this seems much more reasonable. Every benchmarking app in the market proves our point, so what proves yours?

codyodyody

Reaction score
This may have been broughten up but when I try d/l anything it says "cannot download because the file size can't be dtermined". Any suggestions?

Speeding Wheels

Reaction score
I'm a HUGE fan of Pete's work (and very grateful to ALL the dev's who work on the Android projects) but 2.2 is simply faster than anything else out there right now.

Is this pre-release evaluation ROM as refined as BB or Cyan?
Hell no!
Is it simply faster?
Yep!

Dont hate on 2.2 just because you love a certain dev's work.... embrace it and encourage them to get Froyo polished enough to wear the BB, Cyan, RR or others logo!

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
This may have been broughten up but when I try d/l anything it says "cannot download because the file size can't be dtermined". Any suggestions?

I hate to do this but...brought, not broughten.

Do you get that error message with all files you try to download? You can just download the file on your computer, mount your sd card, and stick it on there.

Status
Not open for further replies.