FoxKat's Razr/Maxx Jelly Bean Leak Classroom W/MattyP & Friends

tfly212

Reaction score
Forgive my lack of motorola experience, I am much more familiar with Samsung devices, but I am trying to upgrade my wife's Razr Maxx to JB. The device is stock rooted system version 6.16.211.XT912 Verizon.en.US I believe that means i am on version 211 as specified in the first post. I followed the directions but when I try to apply update from ext-SD I end up with E:Error in /tmp/sideload/package.zip (Status 7). Searching the thread turned up a couple of similar issues, but they were on versions other than 211. I did an MD5 sum check before moving the ZIP to the SD and it matched so I am at a loss. I have tried three times with the same results (most recently I did a temp unroot to see if that was the issue but no lock). I am able to boot up normally afterwards, but no update. Any suggestions? Thanks very much.

s_cuttic

Reaction score
Rom's? I haven't flashed a rom in a LONG time. I think the last one I did was CM9 on my droid x. I tried CM9, Liberty and DarkSlide. Darkslide was my favorite but that was forever ago. I've never even looked at ROMs for the razr/razr mazz.

s_cuttic

Reaction score
Unless you're trying to flash the update from in recovery, the file should be on your phone's internal memory...not SDcard and not SD-ext. I could be wrong but if you're trying to update by using the OTA update try keeping the file on your phone and instilling it.

tfly212

Reaction score
I am trying to flash it in stock recovery. I tried to unroot and take the OTA originally but the install kept failing so I decided to do it manually. I booted into recovery, wiped cache and then tried to update from EXT-SD as described in the third section of the first post. USB debugging is checked...can't figure out what I am missing.

Would this be easier to re-root and then install safestrap 3.11 and flash the update from there? Or will I get the same error?

GotnFX

Reaction score
I am trying to flash it in stock recovery. I tried to unroot and take the OTA originally but the install kept failing so I decided to do it manually. I booted into recovery, wiped cache and then tried to update from EXT-SD as described in the third section of the first post. USB debugging is checked...can't figure out what I am missing.

Unknown sources checked...under security&screen? The other thing to also make sure you are totally stock .211. You have to reinstall .211 to ensure you are totally stock.

tfly212

Reaction score
Yep, unknown sources is checked. It was stock rooted to begin with (no custom recovery or new ROMs ever), then I unrooted but got the same error. I am thinking there problem lies there. Will following the steps in Grade 1 in the first post take me back to bone stock 211?

GotnFX

Reaction score
Yep, unknown sources is checked. It was stock rooted to begin with (no custom recovery or new ROMs ever), then I unrooted but got the same error. I am thinking there problem lies there. Will following the steps in Grade 1 in the first post take me back to bone stock 211?

Yes, use class 1 to flash back to stock .211. There most be something frozen/disabled or deleted from the .211 version you have in your phone.

tfly212

Reaction score
Ok cool...I will take a crack at it in the morning. Hopefully I will only have to report back on the success. Thanks very much.

GotnFX

Reaction score
Ok cool...I will take a crack at it in the morning. Hopefully I will only have to report back on the success. Thanks very much.

Hopefully it will work but we will iron it all out if it doesn't.

itzjusmee

Reaction score
JB is being pushed OTA as we speak, I am not a soak tester and received an update notification last night and another this morning on my refurb they sent me until mine comes back.

tfly212

Reaction score
Worked like a charm...flashed back to stock using the utility and then flashed the JB update via stock recovery. Running 4.1.2 now. Thanks all...and have a great weekend.

TheAx78

Reaction score
Yeah, I tried a few different things, too, and ended up using the class to revert back to stock. It's been a week or so, and I think I'm going to root it tonight. I forgot how much bloatware there was.

OP
FoxKat

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Rolled back to .211 and guess what was waiting for me a friendly OTA. Good stuff.

Good stuff, indeed!

Sent from my A210 using Tapatalk HD

helron

Reaction score
SmartAction updated App just pushed to my Razr. Do u think Moto/VZ are on to the RazrBlade exploit via SA?

Sent using Tapatalk