[ROM] Eclipse v3.0 (6/5/12)

wooddale

Reaction score
my main menu is:

reboot system now
"apply update from sdcard"
wipe data/factory reset
wipe cache partition

i go to "apply update from sdcard" and it goes into my sdcard. that is where i have folders like lost.dir/, dcim/, mp3/, and rom/. rom/ is where Bionic-Eclipse-v2.2.zip is.

When you go to apply update is there a go back there you are on externalk sd card I want to try to get you back to internal. If you cant get back we need to do released root and get back to stock and whole 9 yards.

mrredskin

Reaction score
When you go to apply update is there a go back there you are on externalk sd card I want to try to get you back to internal. If you cant get back we need to do released root and get back to stock and whole 9 yards.

there is a go back option but it just goes back to the main menu. that's the only thing i seem to be able to get back to.

mrredskin

Reaction score
sorry for all the clutter the past two pages. i was missing a key step or two and wooddale really went out of his way to help me out through this whole process. i'm enjoying the Rom and it's nice to have guys like wooddale and all the developers here to help out with issues.

Tryton

Reaction score
So I just flashed this ROM, right after rooting it. Now everything seems to be working fine other then my rings and ringtones. Can anyone point me in the right direction??

wooddale

Reaction score
So I just flashed this ROM, right after rooting it. Now everything seems to be working fine other then my rings and ringtones. Can anyone point me in the right direction??
did you go into settings and enable them?

Tryton

Reaction score
I did then after I went into it again just now they seem to Be working Thanks for a Quick Response

bbucks36

Reaction score
Im about to install my first rom . But i have a question. To install it says to wipe data only... but reading some review some say wipe data ,wipe cache partition , wipe dalvik.. is wipe data the same as wipe all as in cache partition, dalvik , data in the ops process of installing rom? and 2.2 is the latest version? does it have all the addons posted in the addon section such as factory app voice mail.. asop camera..and others...btw using bootstrap method...thanks

Last edited:

wooddale

Reaction score
Im about to install my first rom . But i have a question. To install it says to wipe data only... but reading some review some say wipe data ,wipe cache partition , wipe dalvik.. is wipe data the same as wipe all as in cache partition, dalvik , data in the ops process of installing rom? and 2.2 is the latest version? does it have all the addons posted in the addon section such as factory app voice mail.. asop camera..and others...btw using bootstrap method...thanks
Thats a good question some guys say data only some not I always wipe all three + some guys evev format system dont take much longer better safe than sorry.

themistah

Reaction score
If you skip any sometimes you will run into some issues...... Don't forget to format system also

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

bbucks36

Reaction score
So with the answer is for the steps unlike what the op says on front page. Is to wipe cache partion, wipe dalvik , wipe data/factory reset...but in bootstap i dont see anything for format. also can i get my contact back thru backup?

wooddale

Reaction score
So with the answer is for the steps unlike what the op says on front page. Is to wipe cache partion, wipe dalvik , wipe data/factory reset...but in bootstap i dont see anything for format. also can i get my contact back thru backup?
Thats fine do what the OP says. Gmail will restore all your contacts.

bbucks36

Reaction score
I installed the eclipse rom. And i have to say its way way way better visually then the stock. But have some issues. When i hold press to move a app on desktop from one pane to another, its very difficult as in you have to get it all the way to the edge of screen. It force closed a couple of times while doing that. Does this not have the contact widget like the stock where you swipe down and has 20 quick contacts(might have missed it while looking). Another is my digital clock and weather widget does not play nice with the rom. The clear type effect doesnt work. And last and very important is the back up assist. Does not work or sync. So have to manually add my contacts. The applications menu button needs to direct you to the application settings instead of the applictions installed. Another is the mail, keeps on saying new mail but i made sure all was read. But all in all this is very cool rom. Love all the eye candy. Be able to scroll desktop 360. Notification bar was the main reason i installed this rom. Seems to be very responsive more then the stock. Wait to see if battery is effected. So keep it a couple days see if it grows.

bbucks36

Reaction score
Nevermind. Created a back up using built in export of contacts into a .vcf then uploaded when i switched to eclipse happy camper... thanks for the mod awesome work , keep it up

Last edited: