[ROM] Eclipse v2.3 (7/25/12)

t1.8matt

Reaction score
Awesome rom. So much cleaner and faster than stock. Tried the new molten rom and this one, and eclipse wins hands down.

Last edited:

Speart

Reaction score
This ROM is hands down the best! I'm finally in love with my phone again!

Thanks for the Camera/music/voice zips.

I love the Nexus style boot animation too! Any chance you could offer that as live wallpaper? or at least share the images so I could create one with them?

Raw Dodge

Reaction score
Anyone else having trouble with HDMI out? I love this rom,love the bionic camera ,but HDMI is a necessity for me,and its not working:angry:

OP
Nitroglycerine33

Nitroglycerine33

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Anyone else having trouble with HDMI out? I love this rom,love the bionic camera ,but HDMI is a necessity for me,and its not working:angry:

Take the dockservice.apk from an older build. I will post a fix in a little bit..

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

greycobalt

Reaction score
So...I do want to update, and I saw that it's recommended to wipe between versions, but is there any way to save my stuff in between so I'm not starting over with every build? Can I do nandroid backups, or will those freak out with a new version?

dork313

Reaction score
So...I do want to update, and I saw that it's recommended to wipe between versions, but is there any way to save my stuff in between so I'm not starting over with every build? Can I do nandroid backups, or will those freak out with a new version?

I have been running on v1.1 without any troubles and have been very happy. I'm wanting to update to the latest version as well but I too do not want to lose everything I have my phone because I have it tweaked to exactly how I like it now. It would be great if there was just a patch we could use like for 1.1.

BTW, thank you for all of the hard work. I almost returned my phone until I got this rom.

Gblake13

Reaction score
Is the hdmi problem fixed for 1.3? And is the camera better than the one in 1.2? Really don't like 1.2s camera. Love this room though.

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

ashclepdia

Reaction score
Is the hdmi problem fixed for 1.3? And is the camera better than the one in 1.2? Really don't like 1.2s camera. Love this room though.

check my posts in this thread How to get HDMI mirroring? SOLVED - xda-developers
for the hdmi fix ;) very easy to do. I used root explorer to do it. nitro told me what to use when I asked him on twitter about this issue. world just fine now

Gblake13

Reaction score
Thanks I'll take a look at it. I was waiting for it to get fixed before I flashed 1.3. Does 1.3 have any of the speed scripts included like for processor or 3g?

Raw Dodge

Reaction score
I had battery life issues on 1.3 as well..I really miss the bionic camera from 1.3....

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

ashclepdia

Reaction score
no 3g tweaks. if u want em just use 3gturbocharger.
there is init.d scripts.
well. one script that incorporate about 4or5 of the scripts you usually see on other roms just all in one script
I find that adding other scripts to eclipse to be unnecessary. nitro knows what's best for his roms.

as for the battery. I have NO issues. if ANYTHING im getting BETTER than usual batter life. especially since I kill data occasionally using the pulldown toggles. that saves a ton of juice.
I really don't see why people are saying they got bad battery life on 1.3...there wasn't really much of anything changed from 1.2 to this...so take the "reports" of bad battery life with a grain of salt.

and the camera quality is just fine. camera speed is fine. I like being able move the focus point

Last edited:

Gblake13

Reaction score
My problem with the camera for 1.2 is it doesn't take full screen pics, gives no option to use higher or lower quality that I could find and the pics it took seemed lower quality than what the stock camera did. So how hard is it to do the hdmi fix?

Last edited:

ashclepdia

Reaction score
I agree with u on that camera.

do u know how to push a system app using root explorer?
it is VERY simple to do...trust me
u can fix it directly from ur phone using any file explorer that has root privileges.
go to the link to the thread I posted earlier for the dropbox download link I put up for the apk.
unless u have the rom zip for 1.1, 1.2, or 1.3rc2
then just extract(using root explorer recommend ) the dockservice.apk from system/app

Last edited: