[ROM] Eclipse v2.3 (7/25/12)

gottoon

Reaction score
I can't seem to get eclipse 1.2 off my phone. How do I get rid of it?

I can't get Root Explorer to work in Eclipse. It just fc's everytime.

The same way you put it on... by selecting a different Rom and loading it.
Or if you want to go back to stock... load the latest sbf using RSD.

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

noonstar

Reaction score
I did and nothing will install now. Have factory reset several times, have tried everything I can think of, every install from sdcard is aborted and rsd is a fail. The files I'm using are the same files I was using before I installed eclipse and now they won't install. I'm a little stumped. Think I will try rsd one more time, I did it twice... maybe 3rd time will be a charm. TY

gottoon

Reaction score
To the developer: I am disappointed that the "Timer" functionality has been removed. The stock OS has a timer option inbuilt in the Alarm clock, but the clock app here doesn't have it or it is very well camouflaged.

Also, I use corporate sync account for email. I wish I was able to use the same convenient interface as in the stock 2.3.4 Email app for Corporate.

I wonder what you mean by stock here. The stock Android OS apps or the stock MotorBlur apps. Because the apps on this ROM are stock Android apps. This is an awesome deBlured ROM. Besacuse almost everything Motorola added to the phone sucked.

For corporate email try Touchdown. Much much better if you want emails to look professional and not a phone text message style reply like most email apps do.

On the dock service... I get that too... I think it has something to do with the missing motorola widgets. You can still get to the settings by simply placing it in the dock and selecting your desired dock app then going to settings.

Andrew

gottoon

Reaction score
I did and nothing will install now. Have factory reset several times, have tried everything I can think of, every install from sdcard is aborted and rsd is a fail. The files I'm using are the same files I was using before I installed eclipse and now they won't install. I'm a little stumped. Think I will try rsd one more time, I did it twice... maybe 3rd time will be a charm. TY

What is RSD saying when it fails?

noonstar

Reaction score
Just a bunch of 0's. But I just uninstalled rsd and reinstalled with a different file and it seems to have done the trick... it is bootlooping with the droid eye right now... whew!

noonstar

Reaction score
i've noticed a slight problem. there are black sections where there shouldn't be. for example, in GO SMS Pro under my last thread of messages, instead of the theme color, the screen is black. same with other apps as well.

You can thank GB 2.3 for that. The themes for GO do not work like they should with 2.3 and you're stuck with a partial blank screen in the inbox and the theme will only go down as far as the threads go. It's really annoying especially when I paid for a couple of those themes. GO still has no fix for it. That is one small reason aside from bigger reasons I want froyo 2.2 on my DX2 but that is not happening. It will only sbf down to 2.3.3 which is stock on my DX2, even when I use the froyo 2.2 sbf. I guess I am stuck with the 2.3.4

greycobalt

Reaction score
I know there's one of these every time, but I can never figure it out...should I flash this clean or can I go from 1.1 to 1.2 without wiping?

gottoon

Reaction score
Seems to be a bug with the update to the newest Google voice app. 'Improperly signed package' error trying to do the update. And 'incompatible package' if you uninstall and try to reinstall the app.

Anyone else having issues?

gottoon

Reaction score
Always wipe. Doing updates rarely turns out good if you don't.

johnaferraro

Reaction score
Great ROM!

Clean and beautiful ROM! The X2 is my first Android phone, so all this recovery, ROM, etc is new to me. This is the first ROM Ive actually flashed and I gotta say, I love it. Great work, and many thanks for making the directions simple, and to the point. Excited to see what else the amazing developers have in store for the X2. So far, no issues other than the battery. I went into recovery and cleared the battery stats and we'll give it a day or so and see if everything goes smooth. Other than that, no complaints at all. One question though. Everytime I use system recovery, it deletes it and I have to restore it through TB....is there a reason why it does that?

Last edited:

naturedragon

Reaction score
question, is the mobile hotspot or usb tethering in eclipse 1.3 free to use? without being charged by verizon?

gottoon

Reaction score
question, is the mobile hotspot or usb tethering in eclipse 1.3 free to use? without being charged by verizon?

I havnt foubd a way to make the hacked wifi tetheelrs to work yet... however the simple work around of ising the *#*#4636#*#* way works. Just search it to find a full how to ise it.

Speart

Reaction score
Wow this ROM is fast! I'm seriously impressed, I've been jumping around between different ROMS and this is the best by far! Thank you for developing it!

I'm only having one issue, I can't update Google Voice. I tried several different sources but no luck, so I tried uninstalling it and now I can't get any version to install!

Could you please post a link to the specific APK you included in this ROM so I can restore it?

Speart

Reaction score
Wow this ROM is fast! I'm seriously impressed, I've been jumping around between different ROMS and this is the best by far! Thank you for developing it!

I'm only having one issue, I can't update Google Voice. I tried several different sources but no luck, so I tried uninstalling it and now I can't get any version to install!

Could you please post a link to the specific APK you included in this ROM so I can restore it?

Nevermind about the APK, Titanium to the rescue!

Any ideas about why I can't upgrade though? I would sure like that offline vm capability in the new GV app!

ShayneJardine22

Reaction score

Yea I am having the same trouble with all google apps. Cannot Update to the new Google Voice, Google Music, Youtube, and I believe Maps and others also. Help please! Other than that love the ROM totally changed my phone for the better.