[ROM] Eclipse JB for Droid 4

Jacktheknife

Reaction score
I tried to latest version on both slot one and slot two, for more than ten minutes it sits there with a blank screen. How long am I supposed to wait?

DSM4rill

Reaction score
Fishbear, no interest developing an Eclipse 4.2. ROM for D4?

Sent from my XT894 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Last edited:
OP
myfishbear

myfishbear

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Fishbear, no interest developing an Eclipse 4.2. ROM for D4?

Sent from my XT894 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I can't really because I gave it to my friend who lives in a halfway house. I felt bad 4 him he was rockin a droid pro and I had a dna. I tend to donate my old electronics. If someone sends me a d4 that has a bad esn I would continue deving 4 it.. I made a new dna Rom but nobody was that intrested in the last one so I never posted it.

bofis

Reaction score
Is there an Eclipse for Android 4.2? That would be awesome, the only thing we're missing now is the lockscreen widgets. I hope someone has an old or bad ESN Droid 4 kicking around, otherwise they're reasonably cheap on ebay, maybe setup some sorta donation link and let us chip in to raise the $111 or so you'd need? Otherwise, could you make builds of the rom that you can only run through an emulator and just sorta let some of us be guinea pigs and try it out in other ROM slots and tell you if it works?

ndd

Reaction score
if you want to help donate for a new test device donate on my server i just added a link

are you still taking donations? I just tried the paypal link and it says 'action cannot be completed'. I've been out of touch for a bit, but eclipse is still my daily driver and I'd love to see you keep improving it.

bofis

Reaction score
-1.0.8 update released

Yay, and just when I swapped to a new Droid 4 and just re-rooted and installed a fresh Eclipse LAST NIGHT :) Cannot wait to upgrade tonight. Any major changes? Does this include any fixes for the recent security holes?

OP
myfishbear

myfishbear

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
it has new google play services and and is more up to date. i also included the latest adfree android and a new live wallpaper
what security holes would you be talking about. i could patch em up if i knew whats up

bofis

Reaction score
what security holes would you be talking about. i could patch em up if i knew whats up

I was referring to the Master Key bugs that apparently affect almost all Android devices cept maybe those running recent builds of CM, who I believe patched it.

Uncovering Android Master Key That Makes 99% of Devices Vulnerable » Bluebox Security

Updated to 1.0.8 and so far so good...used TiBu to restore Talk back to pre-Hangouts as I'm still not too thrilled with the removal of setting and viewing people's status. Thank you for not including the new Maps apk in there, I'm also sticking with the old Maps since the new Navigation is annoying and imo worse than previously. (for example, if you tap on a location, you need to then tap on about 4 other things before navigation started, where in this version, you just tap the lil arrow and it goes straight into it. Also when viewing and choosing another route after navigation has begun, you basically have to stop navigation to bring up the choices, not what I'd want to do while driving!)

OP
myfishbear

myfishbear

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
so true it is a hassle. for the master key bug either dl from play cuz it scans it or download lookout. its nice cuz it can help you find your phone if you misplace it as well. ive been aware of this for a while i don't know how this is new news lol.

Last edited:

ws6formula350

Reaction score
thanks for the update! i always roll back to eclipse... and i think i'll stick here until i upgrade soon.

will the 1.0.8 update work on safestrap 2.11? i think if i roll back it'll keep me from my flashaholic tendencies--and boot slightly faster when need be :p

thanks as always!