[ROM] Eclipse JB for Droid 4

Discussion in 'Droid 4 ROMS' started by myfishbear, Mar 20, 2013.

1. huckky

huckky New Member

Hi. I would love to see an option to use the external sdcard for default location for apps and media. Like in cm roms. Is it possible?
  2. kwood129

kwood129 New Member

I was wondering if anyone had a clue on how to get the stock sound recorder to work? I pulled the apk from an older version of eclipse put in the proper place and set permissions but it doesn't show and obviously doesn't work. I need this to record sounds with GOSMS. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2
  3. bofis

bofis New Member

How does that setting actually work in the CM roms, I've been scared to check it off. Anyway, in this ROM, there are patches to fix the storage so that the phone only looks at your external SD card, read and get patches here:
    http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-4-roms/239968-eclipse-jb-droid-4-a-17.html#post2416236

I've always just used the no-ext patch where every "sd-card" directory just forwards over to the actual, external SD-card.
  4. clowe

clowe New Member

Do these patches work on every Rom?
  5. bofis

bofis New Member

No, these patches are for Eclipse-only, as far as I know. In CM10 they have a setting built in that sets the external SD-Card to be the default for media storage and such. But I think these patches are geared toward the way Motorola setup the mounts and so would only really apply to roms based on the Moto-rom

However, this guy might have made scripts that could work in other roms, but try at your own risk:
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1874485
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2013
  6. ws6formula350

ws6formula350 Member

Noticed trying to reflash Eclipse on SS3.51/3.53 that it cuts out after the logo saying 'updater binary error' and won't flash; I had to roll back to 3.11. Anybody else seen this? Tried redownloading the zip and flashing again, same result. Worked in 3.11 like a charm though.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 4
  7. kwood129

kwood129 New Member

This is a problem with safestrap. I had the exact same problem with cm 10.2. I flashed the previous version of one of the nightlies and after that it worked ok again. Just one of those bugs with the latest version of safestrap. Hope that will also work for you.

Sent from my XT894 using Tapatalk 2
  8. huckky

huckky New Member

Didn't work for me either...
  9. ws6formula350

ws6formula350 Member

Anybody try upgrading from 3.11 w/Eclipse in an existing ROM slot? Will it still boot?

10. kwood129

kwood129 New Member

If I remember correctly I did that with one of my 2 phones and it worked just fine.

Sent from my XT894 using Tapatalk 4
  11. ws6formula350

ws6formula350 Member

If anyone is wondering I just rebooted to stock, updated to 3.53, and was able to reboot into Eclipse. So it works.

12. tdilts

tdilts New Member

How's the future development going for this ROM? I'm curious to see what kind of features we can look forward to.
  13. katobugs

katobugs New Member

i seem to be having the same problem. Have you found a fix at all? mine doesnt work over wifi or 4g.
  14. RideZeLitenin

RideZeLitenin New Member

I'm with Link, I don't wanna see Eclipse dieeeee! At least not quite ​yet...
  15. tortoracer

tortoracer New Member

im not trying to hi-jack any conversation right now, but im trying to do the "finer volume adjustment" mod, and im having difficulty.

i have the framework.jar file opened, and i have the appropriate file inside that opened. i am having difficulties trying to find the proper line to edit. i am trying to follow this guide, but no avail yet.

any idea which exact line i have to edit, because i have been searching for a while, and cannot find remotely what he is talking about in the screenshot.

thank you for the ROM, it is wonderful!

EDIT: i did figure it out, the directions got a little bit confusing.

i highly recommend this mod to anybody though, it creates finer steps in the volume control...instead of 15 steps between min-max volume, i now have 40. (you can choose which profiles you wish to edit also, media, notifications, system, ringer, voice, etc.
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2013
  16. Elanzer

Elanzer New Member

I'm not too sure if this is a problem with the ROM, but overclocking doesn't seem to function properly.

If you adjust a frequency stepping, it does not get used. ie: if I change the first 300mhz step to 450mhz, the cpu will idle at the second frequency step (600mhz). If I change the 1200mhz frequency step to 1300mhz - it will use the one below it at full load (1000mhz), so any sort of overclock will actually underclock the device. It doesn't seem to matter what I set the frequencies to. Keep them at their regular frequencies and only adjust voltage - no issues, it'll always use 1.2ghz. You can get an overclocked benchmark, but after a short period (once) it'll no longer use the adjusted frequency.

I'm using the interactivex govenor if that matters.
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2013
  17. myfishbear

myfishbear Developer Developer

no problem! use 1.1.1..... 1.2 was an attempt to update without my d4 which you can see doesn't work.
Search tags for this page

cdma maserati 9.8.2o-72 vzw-18 1ff.xml.zip

droid 4 eclipse

droid 4 eclipse jb

droid 4 eclipse rom

droid 4 rom eclipse

droid 4 roms

eclipse droid 4

eclipse droid 4 jb

eclipse for droid 4

eclipse jb

eclipse jb 1.0.6 droid x2