[ROM] Eclipse JB for Droid 4

OP
myfishbear

myfishbear

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
thanks for the update! i always roll back to eclipse... and i think i'll stick here until i upgrade soon.

will the 1.0.8 update work on safestrap 2.11? i think if i roll back it'll keep me from my flashaholic tendencies--and boot slightly faster when need be :p

thanks as always!
yeah it should still work

bofis

Reaction score
So since I updated from 1.0.6 to 1.0.8 I've been getting the notifications to authorize login to my Google account (from the Google Play Services or whatever) but when I click on it, it crashes saying, "unfortunately the process com.google.android.gsf.login has stopped" :-\

OP
myfishbear

myfishbear

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
myfishbear: What is your goal? How close are you to reaching it?
so far i got my goal is 140 and i got about 40 so far but ive been talking to dbreezy187 at xda and he may donate his broken one which needs a new microusb port. i may be able to solder on a new one or hard wire the charging pins and at wors buy a new logic board. he hasnt got back to me in a couple of days and i dont know if its going to be shipped... if you want to expedite it either donate or persuade him to send it.

OP
myfishbear

myfishbear

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
So since I updated from 1.0.6 to 1.0.8 I've been getting the notifications to authorize login to my Google account (from the Google Play Services or whatever) but when I click on it, it crashes saying, "unfortunately the process com.google.android.gsf.login has stopped" :-\
try deleting the cache for g play services and reboot it. if this doesn't work uninstall it with tib and reinstall off the market.

bofis

Reaction score
try deleting the cache for g play services and reboot it. if this doesn't work uninstall it with tib and reinstall off the market.

:-\ Tried both of those things...cleared data and cache, rebooted, still crashed, completely uninstalled with TiBu and when it prompted me to download it off the Market, I did, still pops up the notification to give permission and then crashes when I click it. This was a completely fresh install of 1.0.6 that I then immediately put 1.0.8 over the next day once you posted it. I guess I can just start over entirely from scratch, but that's annoying since I just did that a day ago :-\ Any other words of advice on getting play services to suck less suddenly?

OP
myfishbear

myfishbear

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
:-\ Tried both of those things...cleared data and cache, rebooted, still crashed, completely uninstalled with TiBu and when it prompted me to download it off the Market, I did, still pops up the notification to give permission and then crashes when I click it. This was a completely fresh install of 1.0.6 that I then immediately put 1.0.8 over the next day once you posted it. I guess I can just start over entirely from scratch, but that's annoying since I just did that a day ago :-\ Any other words of advice on getting play services to suck less suddenly?
well i made a new copy im uploading now. removed the stock google play services and integrated the new ones libs it will be done in 30 secs... tell me if this works. if this doesnt i got another method to try

Last edited:

bofis

Reaction score
Actually, if you're doing that, you should just use this newer version of the play services found here:
New Google Play Services (v3.1.36 - Google Play Games) - xda-developers

I just installed it over mine and it seems to have resolved the issue, I had to go into G+ and view my photos before I found the option to enable the photo uploads, however, it hasn't asked me to login or crashed yet so cheer

Last edited:

motrue

Reaction score
I don't know what happened but v 1.0.8b tells me its version 1.0.6

Sent from my DROID4 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

motrue

Reaction score
I still give nothing but props for the smoothness of this rom. Every version gets better and better...if I could theme the status bar or center my clock..that would be nsane....

Sent from my DROID4 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

tdilts

Reaction score
Status bar customization is the only thing I would like that this ROM doesn't have. It would be sweet to center the clock and select custom font colors/icons in the status bar. Either way, this is the best rom available for the Droid 4, so I will stick with it regardless.

bofis

Reaction score
If you want to customize the status bar, use an alternative Home app, or Launcher...ADW has a non-transparent black one, but with themes maybe you can change it beyond that...I've always been happy with a black status bar over the transparent one in the default homescreen.