[ROM] Eclipse ICS for droid 4

huckky

Reaction score
i got the stock bootanimation.zip file but when i try to copy it to its folder i get "this folder is read only"error
and since im not familiar with linux based permissions (rxrwrxc???) and definitely dont want to ruin my good stable system, would someone make a patch for it please?
thank you

OP
myfishbear

myfishbear

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
i got the stock bootanimation.zip file but when i try to copy it to its folder i get "this folder is read only"error
and since im not familiar with linux based permissions (rxrwrxc???) and definitely dont want to ruin my good stable system, would someone make a patch for it please?
thank you
use fileexplorer es off of play and set the folder to rw from ro than place it in /system/media than you can edit the permissions with that app than set the folder back to ro

bofis

Reaction score
As he said, if you use ES File Explorer there is an option to mount the system folder and then I've just used that to copy the old bootanimation.zip and it overwrites it. 1.5.2 is running well for me at 1320lv which seems to be the most-stable speed for my phone lately, but of course, mileage varies

orangechoochoo

Reaction score
Back to Eclipse after running AOKP for more than a week. AOKP was great but the bugs finally caught up to me. The phone signal, data, and wifi always had weaker signals. Toggling network settings every other day to get data became annoying. It became a little laggy after a while so a reboot now and then is in order. I also missed the ability to mirror my phone on an hdtv using hdmi.

Overall the devs are doing a great job bringing us JB and I can't wait for these roms to be buttoned-up.

Here is my analogy: the JB roms are like a BMW, fantastic car with a bunch of gadgets, looks, and performance but has some problems that are irritating but not a killjoy. Eclipse is like a Lexus, dependable and does its job with none of the added frills.

Last edited:

bean1975

Reaction score
I always wanted a Lexus ;) Happy with Eclipse here (I an Koodo Mobile, aka Telus in Canada).

cdipier2

Reaction score
I miss my droid 4! I cant wait to get it back and get eclipse back on it. I had to send it to Motorola because of the overheating and battery not charging correctly. Until i get it back im stuck using my Stratosphere

bofis

Reaction score
I miss my droid 4! I cant wait to get it back and get eclipse back on it. I had to send it to Motorola because of the overheating and battery not charging correctly. Until i get it back im stuck using my Stratosphere
Next time, just call up Verizon, tell them your USB port isn't working, you tried other cables, and tested your cable in another phone, and it's the port that's the problem and they'll send you out a refurbished phone and let you send your's back so you don't have any time without it...if the referb has any issues, just repeat this step until you get a good one...I went through maybe 7 droid2's this way for various reasons, but as long as what you tell them amounts to an absolute hardware issue, they will authorize for a FRU. Your phone comes with a 1 year warranty, and each replacement then has a 3 month warranty even if that ends up extending beyond the initial warranty period.

cdipier2

Reaction score
I did contact verizon but since i didnt buy the droid 4 from them i had to go through motorola. It sucks that i couldnt have the phone the next day but at leatst the manufacturers warranty is good and i wont have to pay anything

jerviszzb

Reaction score
Hello, everybody I come from China, I can not download Eclipse version 1.5.2 Who can help me to upload to another network disk so I can download Thank you
:biggrin: