[ROM] Eclipse ICS for droid 4

cdipier2

Reaction score
i downloaded 1.5 last night and so far so good. i like the new boot animation and there is even less blur that i have to freeze which is great

orangechoochoo

Reaction score
I actually like the previous boot animation more, but that doesn't really matter since I hardly have to reboot the phone.

Myfishbear, were you unable to port the extra reboot option that Nitro put on the Razr version of Eclipse?

moccor

Reaction score
i downloaded 1.5 last night and so far so good. i like the new boot animation and there is even less blur that i have to freeze which is great
I also like the new image, because it takes up the whole screen. The other one didn't it was a square and if you looked at it in low light the black used for the image was different than the other black background. It doesn't make a good ROM better or a good ROM worse tho :p.

cdipier2

Reaction score
so far i am seeing improvements in the battery

Last edited:

ws6formula350

Reaction score
Battery is definitely better in this release...down to 78% after eight hours. Mostly been in my pocket, asleep on wifi, but with the same behavior on 1.3.4, I would've been down to 60% by now.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

ndd

Reaction score
1.5 is up along with my power and my pc. (had my hd fail on me, was able to get like 80 gb of data off it tho:))

glad to hear that your power's back; hope things get back to normal soon!

I'm surprised that no one has asked yet, but can we just flash 1.5 over 1.34?

cdipier2

Reaction score
anyone have any issues with the phone overheating? it was doing great pretty much all day then i go on facebook, this website, and play a little songpop and the battery jumps from 49 to 7 and it says the phone is entering cooldown mode. it seems to be running better now but does anyone have any idea of what could cause this?

4low4fun

Reaction score
cdipier2 said:
anyone have any issues with the phone overheating? it was doing great pretty much all day then i go on facebook, this website, and play a little songpop and the battery jumps from 49 to 7 and it says the phone is entering cooldown mode. it seems to be running better now but does anyone have any idea of what could cause this?

I've never had it go into cool down mode but I have seen some pretty crazy charge stat jumps.. I've seen it go from 50 to 100% in under 10 min while charging and I've seen it just drop from 30% to single digits .. what over clock are you running?

cdipier2

Reaction score
im running 1200. yea the stat jumps are pretty crazy. i was on 98 earlier then a minute later i turn the phone back on and it was down to 49 and i was like wtf. i really have no idea why its overheating. i have good service in my house and in the whole area in general

cdipier2

Reaction score
i had it on charge and it charged normally up to like 17 then it jumped to 100. wtf its crazy

Last edited:

bofis

Reaction score
So for anyone who misses the old boot animation, you can rip the bootanimation.zip out of the system/media folder in the zip from 1.3.x and push it into your current system/media folder overwriting the new one. As for reboot option, I'm still removing the built in toggles and using Notification Toggle instead which has a power menu button you can add which then gives you reboot as an option. Otherwise loving 1.5 at 1320lv :)

And as for battery % jumping around, that is mostly from a lack of proper calibration. Let the phone run ENTIRELY down until it shuts itself off, and then plug it in and let it reach 100% and you should correct this.