[ROM] Eclipse ICS for droid 4

orangechoochoo

Reaction score
In the first post. As it says, start with 1320 first and move up from there until you notice problems. Also, the speedscript must always be flashed after flashing an OC script, even if you flashed it before because when you flash an OC it overwrites speedscript changes.

nilsh32

Reaction score
Okay! Last thing, so there's several different overclock speeds and I am to start from the lowest and go higher until there are problems, but what voltage should I be using? I assume ulv would give me best battery but possible problems?

Gumdrop

Reaction score
So if you could PLEASE implement a "Kill All" button like the AOKP ROMs have, it would make a world of difference. Either way, thank you for all the time and work you put into developing for the Droid 4. It's very much appreciated.

+1 ! ;):icon_ lala:

moccor

Reaction score
I don't know what it is, maybe it's a SS3 problem. I don't remember if it did it when I used the other SS. But, my phone seems to get Very laggy around the end of the day. Sometimes even halfway through the day. It's happened each time I installed this. I even did full wipes and reinstalled it multiple times. When using TiBackup, with the exception of like 4 select apps, I restored only the apps without data. Doesn't matter if I use stock overclock, undervolt, hotplug/interactive, speedscript. It happens regardless :p. I don't want anyone to take this as a bug, cuz as you said you don't suggest using SS3. I just wonder if maybe other people have a idea of something I can wipe/try. Only other thing left is, running my phone with nothing installed lol. Which, is boring.

orangechoochoo

Reaction score
When you go to setting > apps > running what shows up? Also, how much ram is used and how much is available?

I've been using ss3 and haven't noticed any slugishness. Also, don't restore apps, just download them again. Lastly, when I load a new rom I delete the rom slot first if I want to flash a new rom on an existing slot so everything associated with that slot is gone.

orangechoochoo

Reaction score
Okay! Last thing, so there's several different overclock speeds and I am to start from the lowest and go higher until there are problems, but what voltage should I be using? I assume ulv would give me best battery but possible problems?
As it says in the OP, start with 1320 and move up. Regarding the lv and ulv, try each of them because each phone is different and the lv and uov doesn't always work well.

On my phone, 1380ulv is the highest I can go. When I go to 1400 or higher I get FCs after playing with the phone for a few hours. And remember to flash the speedscript after you flash an OC because flashing an OC overwrites the changes made by speedscript.

moccor

Reaction score
When you go to setting > apps > running what shows up? Also, how much ram is used and how much is available?

I've been using ss3 and haven't noticed any slugishness. Also, don't restore apps, just download them again. Lastly, when I load a new rom I delete the rom slot first if I want to flash a new rom on an existing slot so everything associated with that slot is gone.

Pretty much everything lol. That's one thing I forgot to mention. It's like, the RAM gets used, but the apps never close. Except if I close everything myself with a task manager, I only get about 230MB free. It should be about 400-500 though. After killing the apps I want, the problem comes right back shortly after and my free memory goes to 80-20

orangechoochoo

Reaction score
That's odd, Android is good at cleaning out the garbage (unused apps in cache/memory). You're the only one with this problem and you've installed/wiped multiple times.

Maybe it's a bad download, redownload and try again. My ram rarely goes past 400mb.

moccor

Reaction score
That's odd, Android is good at cleaning out the garbage (unused apps in cache/memory). You're the only one with this problem and you've installed/wiped multiple times.

Maybe it's a bad download, redownload and try again. My ram rarely goes past 400mb.
Nah it's not that, cuz I've used 1.3.2, 1.3.3, 1.5, 1.5.2. Well I guess the last thing to try is not restoring or installing any apps and going from there.

noobmobile

Reaction score
ulv = unlowered voltage and lv = lower voltage?

ulv = unlowered voltage and lv = lowered voltage?

huckky

Reaction score
i think ulv = ultra low voltage, lv = low voltage.
but please someone verify me.

orangechoochoo

Reaction score
Correct.

Each frequency requires a certain amount of voltage and Moto puts more than enough to ensure there are no problems. However some phones can handle lower voltage, and if it can then it uses less power.

nilsh32

Reaction score
Okay, so I tried several of them. 1400+ does not work at all, phone boots continuously. The 1320 ulv and the 1380 ulv both were working alright but with both of them, the littlest thing will cause the phone to reboot, it just reboots all the time now. Since 1320 is a low one I am thinking maybe the ulv part is causing the problems, which is unfortunate because the main reason I am doing this is for battery life. I tried restoring to an older backup before i started the OC business, and I have been flashing speedscript after each one. I will keep experimenting

Last edited:

kenji91

Reaction score
I've noticed that speedscript v4 doesn't really modify the kernel settings like it should.

I opened up the init.d and noticed that some of the settings aren't set to what the init.d file had in them (ie: VFS cache pressure, etc). Am I doing something wrong? I'm flashing the speedscript after flashing the ROM and OC zips.