Droid 4 Utility Updated

OP
jsnweitzel

jsnweitzel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Hmm that is strange I am using chrome and it works for me. I even logged out google just to be sure the link was public.

finndo77

Reaction score
Ditto on using chrome... there is a pull down menu in the top left that has download (or maybe it says download...) select that and it will download the file select the file and it opens it up.

Giroux28

Reaction score
i think i am now on the 212... any chance we can get some change logs???

and btw there is a problem with the script that wipes data and everything... it calls for the file "boot208.img" instead of "icsfix.img" and if i didnt know what i was doing i could have really screwed up bad... just a heads up...

Last edited:
OP
jsnweitzel

jsnweitzel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Crap your right somehow I uploaded an old version of the script...I will fix it in a few minutes.

Ok I uploaded the correct script. Sorry about that guys. Thanks Giroux28 for letting me know. If you have the wrong one you can mod it like suggested in his post or just download again (it's only like 12MB).

Last edited:

Giroux28

Reaction score
Crap your right somehow I uploaded an old version of the script...I will fix it in a few minutes.

Ok I uploaded the correct script. Sorry about that guys. Thanks Giroux28 for letting me know. If you have the wrong one you can mod it like suggested in his post or just download again (it's only like 12MB).

All good man I figured it out before it could cause any damage! Who else is IN LOVE WITH THEIR D4 MORE THAN EVER B4 RIGHT NOW?!?!?! THANKS TO EVERY1 THAT MADE THIS POSSIBLE!!!

jwagman1

Reaction score
i followed all the instructions and when i get to the recovery and apply the update, i get the following error:

Verifying current system...
assert failed: apply_patch_check("MTD:boot:8388608:fe086e1f547082 c3cf2a5f65dacb81fd232ecd89:8388608:4a7070c32d0312a a48e52e207c7932434bc46cb1")
E:Error in /tmp/sideload/package.zip
(status 7)
Installation Aborted

I have tried the whole process twice and still get the error.

If the update did not save to my sd card correctly, is there any way to copy it over now? i dont have any way to directly connect the micro sd card to my computer... Can it be pushed using fastboot mode?

After step 5 am i supposed to immediately power down or let it go though the android boot and the android comes up with the blue spinning box and the loading bar?? If immediately power down then flash the kernal, when i boot into recovery it goes to the android guy with the box automatically... Just not sure if it should be doing this load screen before or after i flash the 212 kernal. PLEASE HELP!

Last edited:
OP
jsnweitzel

jsnweitzel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
After you flash the GB Fastboot files you can let it attempt to run the rom and then flash the kernel with the tool, then flash the OTA on you card from the stock recovery. In my testing it did seem to matter if you let the upgrade attempt run before or after the kernel flash.

You must have the OTA zip (about 350MB) on your sdcard before you fastboot the GB files.

Last edited:
OP
jsnweitzel

jsnweitzel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I updated the files around noon today with the 213 stuff.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

finndo77

Reaction score
I had the exact error message when I tried to flash 212 over 212, when I had issues with the home button not working. My solution was to ignore it and do a factory reset instead. :)

Sorry if that did not help you, but wanted to say something so you know it has happened to someone else.

Anyonenormal

Reaction score
Anyone else having issues downloading the tool in the first link on the OP?
it says I dont have access or permissions =(

OP
jsnweitzel

jsnweitzel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Not sure why the gdrive link for the tool quit. I am uploading to dropbox and will post it in a few minutes.

OK two new links for the tool posted. Not sure why the first crashed.

Last edited:

orangechoochoo

Reaction score
The tool closes (the normal and the save data version) after:

**daemon started successfully*

My phone is in AP Fastboot and connected to the computer. The phone says OK to transfer and USB connected. Before starting I installed the most current drivers. I also restarted my computer and the tool still closes at the same place.

Also, it is the most current tool since I just downloaded them today.

Anyonenormal

Reaction score
Trying to load from Sd card, but each time it says that no such file or directory exists..

Do I need to run the ICS push to SD card?