Droid 4 Utility Pre-Release [WINDOWS]

xconwayx

Reaction score
Trying to root the Droid 4, after the operation is completed I am running into a issue. Every so often upon trying to turn the phone back on I see the screen for one second and it goes black. The screen is still functional, but I just can't see the backlight. Here is the kicker, as soon as I unroot it, the phone never does it again. I have rooted it twice in the past 12 hours and the problem persists. I understand rooting is just a program as well.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

Thanks.

alkaholic

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
Does anyone know if there should be any issues with the upgrade to 6.5.1_167? It's still 2.3.6, but I'm a little leery of re-rooting now that I've installed the upgrade...

alkaholic

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo

Uh, any issues except the fact that it's actually 219, that is? Sleep good.

SylenThunder

Reaction score
Thanks for this, took me merely a minute or two to figure out how to get Debug mode on and then root my phone. Now to figure out how to back it up before I mess with things and what some of these other things like SafeStrap and such are. I've been tweaking and customizing Windows for ages, I've tinkered a bit with Linux, but this is the first time I've really felt like diving into it. =)

pcwizardpa

Reaction score
number 6 Droid root for ICS 4.0.3

I wanted to say thanks fo rthe Droid 4 Utility

Got a question for you What is number 6 function for?? I did click on that and got through all of the installing process and didn't see any changes on my droid 4 so did I miss something?? Please advise

I am newbies so any input would help Thanks

Pcwizardpa

Back with another utility... this time pre-release Droid 4! I haven't seen a Droid 4 board yet so I guess I have to put this under General. There are no fastboot files as of writing this (2/11/2012) but once they come out I will be making a full version that includes fastboot restore. For now, only a few MB compared to GB full.

Includes Root function thanks to Dan Rosenberg's motofail exploit.It is the only reason we can have a working utility root!Donate to this fund for the Red Cross here

Note to all: I am giving control of the Droid 4 Utility to skylarmb (Although I will still be very involved
;) )

Don't use Safestrap yet!
Hashcode is making a D4 version very soon!

Motorola Drivers (If its not working install this.)
32 Bit Link: http://www.motorola....river_5.4.0.exe
64 Bit Link: http://goo-inside.me...5.4.0_64bit.msi

sylMG.png

Changes in 0.3----
Size: 2.09 MB
MD5: 8b44666a5d97137292ec03e74f8b75d7
Link: Goo-inside.me Downloads - Downloading Droid4Utility0.3.zip

Enjoy~!If you feel like contributing to my Razr Dev fund you may do so here. ;)

Extra notes: If you don't know what any functions are feel free to ask, but as it states inside the utility, System Pull is an option for power users and developers who know what they are doing, NOT a backup for your phone.

NOW Featured on XDA-Developers!

Screenshot of what the folder should look like in order for it to run:
NDE0J.jpg

Rocky

Reaction score
Back with another utility... this time pre-release Droid 4! I haven't seen a Droid 4 board yet so I guess I have to put this under General. There are no fastboot files as of writing this (2/11/2012) but once they come out I will be making a full version that includes fastboot restore. For now, only a few MB compared to GB full.

Includes Root function thanks to Dan Rosenberg's motofail exploit.It is the only reason we can have a working utility root!Donate to this fund for the Red Cross here

Note to all: I am giving control of the Droid 4 Utility to skylarmb (Although I will still be very involved
;) )

Don't use Safestrap yet!
Hashcode is making a D4 version very soon!

Motorola Drivers (If its not working install this.)
32 Bit Link: http://www.motorola....river_5.4.0.exe
64 Bit Link: http://goo-inside.me...5.4.0_64bit.msi

sylMG.png

Changes in 0.3----
Size: 2.09 MB
MD5: 8b44666a5d97137292ec03e74f8b75d7
Link: Goo-inside.me Downloads - Downloading Droid4Utility0.3.zip

Enjoy~!If you feel like contributing to my Razr Dev fund you may do so here. ;)

Extra notes: If you don't know what any functions are feel free to ask, but as it states inside the utility, System Pull is an option for power users and developers who know what they are doing, NOT a backup for your phone.

NOW Featured on XDA-Developers!

Screenshot of what the folder should look like in order for it to run:
NDE0J.jpg
Gosh!! How do I get to this green screen so I can press option 2: unroot? I need to return my phone to Verizon ASAP. Please help!

redneckben

Reaction score
Hey there I'm sorry for a really noobish question but I have looked everywhere and can't find an answer, I am completely stock and want to go to 213 do I have to flash the kernal as well or no? I know you have to going from leak to leak but I haven't seen anything as to my question please help and thanx

kwyrt

Reaction score
Hey there I'm sorry for a really noobish question but I have looked everywhere and can't find an answer, I am completely stock and want to go to 213 do I have to flash the kernal as well or no? I know you have to going from leak to leak but I haven't seen anything as to my question please help and thanx

You do not have to flash an ICS kernel if coming from stock .219 GB.

Sent from my Droid 4