Droid 2 2..3.1.5 update

patchm00

Reaction score
Hey PC, well it looked like it was going well then it rebooted and now the screen goes to bootloader saying "Code corrupt" Battery Low cannot program. I pulled battery and it goes right to that screen again without any key pushing, have you heard of that before?

Anyway, I'm gonna leave it plugged in for a while and see what happens.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
need to charge your battery.

code currupt occurs when something happened during a download.

I would charge your battery and redownload the sbf files.

patchm00

Reaction score
Does it charge when it is at this menu? When I plug in the charger the light on the side does not light up as usual. Also I had it plugged in for 45 minutes and it still boots to that code corrupt message.

thanks

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
When I updated it messed up the Dialer, gonna try again doing the formatting step this time..

If you lose root, remember the instructions are linked to from the 2.3.15 download thread...

Bishang

Reaction score
Has anyone noticed that the Time/Text on the Lock Screen is now aligned center?

slowtype

Reaction score
YOu mean the profiles, or just viewing battery usage...I had heard others having issues w/the latter, though I never did.

battery usage

Go into applications/all apps and clear data for battery manager.

I tried that and it didn't help. Also the battery usage works sometimes. It worked last but not this morning. I also charged the phone last night.

The official message when clocking on the battery is

"The application settings (process.com.android.settings) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again. "

looks like ill have to try again on my update install.

patchm00

Reaction score

Ok, you can't charge your phone at bootloader so here is where I am this AM. I borrowed a battery from a fellow Droid user and put it in and it starts up in bootloader mode (without me having to do anything). Now it says:
Code Corrupt/Battery OK/OK to Program/Transfer Mode: USB

I load RSD Lite as admin and it says S Flash OMAP3630 MI connected (which i thought was supposed to say A955 according to instructions but the video showed same as mine).

I point to the sbf file but Start is greyed out :(

Any suggestions?

thanks

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
battery usage

Go into applications/all apps and clear data for battery manager.

I tried that and it didn't help. Also the battery usage works sometimes. It worked last but not this morning. I also charged the phone last night.

The official message when clocking on the battery is

"The application settings (process.com.android.settings) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again. "

looks like ill have to try again on my update install.

Yeah, interestingly, mine crashed again after clearing data on another ROM making use of 2.3.15 files...might just be an issue w/this leak, hard to say...I can get it to work by clearing data, but it seems it will start crashing again at some point.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
do you have the file seleted

patchm00

Reaction score
Ok, I got it working, WHEW! Loaded Linux on a real computer (not virtual) and the linux method worked to put back the sbf.

thanks everyone

Ok, you can't charge your phone at bootloader so here is where I am this AM. I borrowed a battery from a fellow Droid user and put it in and it starts up in bootloader mode (without me having to do anything). Now it says:
Code Corrupt/Battery OK/OK to Program/Transfer Mode: USB

I load RSD Lite as admin and it says S Flash OMAP3630 MI connected (which i thought was supposed to say A955 according to instructions but the video showed same as mine).

I point to the sbf file but Start is greyed out :(

Any suggestions?

thanks

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
i was trying to upload it but the file is too big. The first file you run first is droid2_x6.....

and the second one you run is BL_d235.....