1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

MDW Presents: Droid X 2.3.13 - The Froyo Upgrade

Discussion in 'Droid X Roms' started by Bxrider117, Sep 11, 2010.

1. Bxrider117

Bxrider117 New Member

I do not have my Droid X yet, but I have been reading the forums to be prepared for rooting and installing Froyo, if it is not out by the time I get the Droid X in the mail, 9/21.

I was on MDW and found a new Froyo release from the Master of Leaked Releases, P3Droid. I am posting the link to MDW for everyone at DF to enjoy. I can not wait to read the feedback.

MDW Presents: Droid X 2.3.13 - The Froyo Upgrade
  2. Sydman

Sydman Premium Member Premium Member

Reading through the posts on this one seems like nothing but problems. Duplicated apps, gmail not working. Not sure this is worth it to me, my 2.2 leak is running fine.
  3. Asterisk

Asterisk New Member

I think I might want to wait until there is an easier method to do this. From reading in that thread there is another thread that is a little bit older but seems to work better for some people. Only thing is some people have problems applying the 2.2 update.
  4. Abe21599

Abe21599 DF Super Moderator

agreed. i DLed it but probably wont do anything with it just yet..
  5. Lordbutt

Lordbutt New Member

Just follow the directions (be sure and rename "DX-2313-Deodexed.zip" to update.zip before booting into recovery.
    If you have used Koush's Recovery, then you will need to use it to boot into recovery to install the new update.zip.

http://www.mydroidworld....-3-13-froyo-upgrade.html
  6. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

Don't believe everything you read. If half of what was written in this Forum were true you'd think the only good release for the D1 was the first one that came out, and we know that isn't true.

Try it, if it doesn't work for you, you can always go back. P3 Droid doesn't put something out there if it wasn't better then the previous release.
  7. Lordbutt

Lordbutt New Member

It is obvious to even the most casual observer that you don't know what you're talking about. You must have been in some other thread. This is the fastest, most stable release to date.
  8. BORICUAPRINCE1

BORICUAPRINCE1 New Member

The droid x will be receiving the froyo update and you can also tether you internet with pdnet app on android market
  9. Abe21599

pdanet costs money for the full version.
  10. Bxrider117

Bxrider117 New Member

I read the other forum completely before posting this last night. I think some of those that were having installation problems are individuals that may have missed a step in the installation process.

I don't think P3Droid would release something that is not better than the previous. I remember when he released FRG01 for the D1 and then released FRG22 a few days later and people said that latest leak was not good and it turned out to be the final release from Verizon. Maybe this latest DX Froyo release is actually the official version? Just a thought, there is no truth to that statement.
  11. DThomp

DThomp New Member

Only $20 one time, not the 30 that vzw gets a month.

Sent from my DROIDX
  12. Abe21599

and wireless tether costs $0 one time and then $0 each month after that.
  13. Soupy McD

Soupy McD New Member

The new version installed seamlessly over FlyX v0.1/Tranquility, kept root and everything.

The bloatware is back :icon_evil:
  14. stevesimmons

stevesimmons New Member

For those that have installed the 2.3.13 leak...

Does it address the low ring volume issue at all?

Thanks,
    Steve
  15. Sydman

I have not really noticed any changes in this one and the previous leak. My battery manager still fc sometimes, which was the only problem I had before. I did a factory reset before upgrading and didn't have any issues. Other than losing root which I got back with guide for D2 users. I guess an uneventful upgrade so far, other than I can't get rid of the screen lock and waking up the phone :(
  16. hobby31

hobby31 Member

I installed this over the previous leak last night. I lost root which was no problem to reroot. I followed the directions except I didn't wipe or reset. I did mount system and all like was posted in instructions. So far everything is running great and stable. No problems. My gmail app is working fine and my battery status hasn't forced closed yet. I will say that I had none of the problems that plagued the first leak either. With that one I did have to sbf back to stock and reroot then apply it so that might have made a difference with me having no problems. But, like i said, I didn't wipe with this one. I did notice that in system info my kernel version is different that what was posted on MDW with p3Droids screen shot. The software version is the same and it is show 2.3.13. Am I to take it as it didn't fully take? I might try and redo again with a full wipe and see. I've got multiple backups.

Attached Files:

17. hazierneglect

hazierneglect New Member

uhgg. I tryd installing it from a rooted 2.1 phone. Its stuck at the M, been for about five minutes.. anybody know how to get back to the bootstrap from there so i can nandroid? when i do a battery pull and press home and power, it goes to the normal boot thingy... Do i have to RSD? again? :(
  18. Sydman

Thought you had to be on the first leak to upgrade to this new one. First reboot does take a second but not that long. Looks like you are correct rsd is in your future.
  19. hazierneglect

hazierneglect New Member

not what i wanted to hear but thanks for the help
  20. bcals0087

bcals0087 New Member

so i've compared two x's that I have, one with the newest leak, the other with 2.1. Volume is a little louder on the leak. You can notice it but it's not overwhelmingly louder like I was hoping for. I guess they're not trying to have people calling for replacements when they blow their speaker if they download a loud tone, and moto raised the volume tooo much. I don't know just a thought.

I also tried first updating from 2.1 but that didn't work. I wasn't using bootstrap or anything just stock recovery. Maybe that's why. i don't know. I updated to the first leak, then tried it again with stock recovery. Kept getting error signature verification failed. So I bought bootstrap and it would not boot into custom recovery, kept hanging at "m" logo, so I then downloaded rom manager and it booted into custom recovery. Followed directions to the t, and it successfully updated. first boot hung at m logo, did a battery pull, and then it booted up successfully. However the only direction I did not follow to the t was wiping data. I did not feel like installing everything again when all I wanted to do was test this, so I just wiped cache. If i have a few issues, so what. I'll flash back. But it all seemed to work, and it seems more stable than the previous release. Just my take.
Search tags for this page

dx-2313-deodexed.zip

mdw to dx

micromax a60 orignal rom free. download,

pdanet mdw