MDW Presents: Droid X 2.3.13 - The Froyo Upgrade

rjpear

Reaction score
Ok..Quick question.. A buddy Tried to to do the 2.2.13 Upgrade but is now stuck at the Moto Startup..and nothing.. He had Koush Boot installed to do this.. How would be go about getting the phone back to stock or whatever was on there before..? Is there a way to Start Koush up on Phone Boot (with a key press and hold or something..?) or a way to get it to go into recovery mode in another way at this point. I am a Droid 1 user/owner so I don't know the X very well... I use SPRecov on the 1...

Thanks for any info..

Talios

Reaction score
@soupy mcd
I wouldn't denounce an entire rom or patch based on a single quadrant score. I have had anomalies where I have scored a couple hundred points below my average...or even more rare a hundred or so points above. A single run is absolutely meaningless. The phone is not running quadrant in a vacuum where nothing else is occurring.

*edit* Along with the fact that some of your problems sound more like they came from you than the software.

Soupy McD

Reaction score
@soupy mcd
I wouldn't denounce an entire rom or patch based on a single quadrant score. I have had anomalies where I have scored a couple hundred points below my average...or even more rare a hundred or so points above. A single run is absolutely meaningless. The phone is not running quadrant in a vacuum where nothing else is occurring.

*edit* Along with the fact that some of your problems sound more like they came from you than the software.

Touche, I don't honestly base an entire rom/patch's performance based on one single benchmark score. It's just a way (for me) to quickly tally performance over available resources (I used ATK on every install of each rom/patch).

As for the problems, could have been me, could have been the software. However, because many people are also experiencing problems with this latest release, I'm going to say this 2.3.13 is not worth it. When it worked it was only alright.

cn3

Reaction score
Ok..Quick question.. A buddy Tried to to do the 2.2.13 Upgrade but is now stuck at the Moto Startup..and nothing.. He had Koush Boot installed to do this.. How would be go about getting the phone back to stock or whatever was on there before..? Is there a way to Start Koush up on Phone Boot (with a key press and hold or something..?) or a way to get it to go into recovery mode in another way at this point. I am a Droid 1 user/owner so I don't know the X very well... I use SPRecov on the 1...

Thanks for any info..
this happend to me and I had to use rsd to install sbf file and now is like phone just came out of box kinda sucks but beats being stuck on cluck

ColdSteele

Reaction score
anyone having issues with timestamp being hours off the mark on recieved text messages, my outgoing are fine, i send one out "7:12 pm 9-18-10" get a reply "1:15 am 9-19-10"?

aut0tek

Reaction score
Aut0tek presents: Are you TIRED of P3Droid/Team Black Hat begging you for money? GREAT! Here's their little "Download Manager" app... FOR FREE!

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Aut0tek you know better than that : ) I edited your link.

Please don't post paid apps for free in here. I shall let it slide this time but please use a little better judgement or I will tazer you :)

Enjoy the rest of your weekend and stay out of trouble.

Sent from my Droid

OP
Bxrider117

Bxrider117

Reaction score
Aut0tek,

What is you beef with P3 and his team. I'm trying to open up a can of worms but they have done right by the Droid community. If they created an app and want to charge $1.99 for they are entitled in my opinion.

aut0tek

Reaction score
lol cereal. Thanks.

Bxrider: "They" (p3) are totally going overboard with the "donate to me, donate to me" bs. Too many times have we donated for "A BIG RELEASE" for the Droid X and it turns out to be worthless. These deodexed leaks don't run on 6 ppl's phones that I know of, Tranquility "ROM" has so many problems most ppl aren't even bothering with it, (Sad, cuz we, as a group, usually test anything once lol) and plenty more, but the whole time he thinks his "work" is worth money so much that he puts "donate to me donate to me" on EVERYTHING, and now he figured out a way to get another $2.00 out of the community. But now he's in IRC talkin' ****, so u know. Drama. What my man needs, is a job, so I don't have to read: "DONATE DONATE DONATE" and then "Buy my app for $2.00" only to get a picture of a top hat and a "Download Error" LMAO. Good thing I didn't pay for it. Sucks that I obviously know someone who did. :(

ergon

Reaction score
Ahh, what is meant by this: 12) Go into Koush Bootstrap (if you have it) and re do the bootstrap. (must be rooted). Re do it how?

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
After you are done open bootstrap (if you have it) and click bootstrap recovery so it will start up when needed.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Cause the update takes the files away bootstrap needs to boot up with your phone like normal or to boot into bootstrap recovery if you choose so. So to redo it puts those files back. Basically the update makes it like you never installed bootstrap, so you have to redo it.