Droid 2 2..3.1.5 update

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
You been through an ordeal Patch000, like I tell everyone who been through a rough spot, you now have the experience to help others. I have been where you at many times, in fact when I first bought my d2 I panicked when I could not get rsdlite to work. SO I know how you was felling, my solution to my problem was that I missed a step. Good to see you up and running. You are now that much more knowledgeable to help others.
Curious why was you having to run linux did you have a mac. If so I apologize for overlooking that.

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
Agreed...this stuff can get stressful, but when all is said and done the process can leave you feeling confident and knowledgeable. Glad you're up and running Patch, never doubted you'd get things back in place. :)

ttlycnfuzd

Reaction score
all right guys.... just wanted to put this out there...

Threads like this make me glad to be part of a community that (in general) supports one another in their efforts to get their phones the way that we want them, no matter how major/minor it may be.... Leaves me all warm and squishy inside... (thankfully its not the chili from last night :icon_ goofy: ) dancedroid

so here's one to all of you.... :beer2:

Back on topic - have we seen a changelog yet on this? Mine is running fine, but I haven't seen what the real changes have been....

-Mike

patchm00

Reaction score
Thanks to both of you for not letting me give up. I was already talking to my phone person at work about how much to get a new phone!

PC - not running MAC. I was running windows 7 here at work but for some reason the "Start" for flashing was disabled although it saw the device. I used the Linux method and that worked for me after a few pitfalls :)

Anyway, phone is now restoring from my backup from yesterday so I should soon be at a place that I was yesterday right before adding that update in this thread.

Redflea - One of the reasons i wanted to run this update was I saw your post yesterday asking if anyone could check to see if it fixed their exchange PIN sync bug. I was having that bug so I wanted to check. Have you heard yet if it does?

Thanks again guys and to this community. It reminds me so much of the Linux community I was a big part of many years ago (started linux when kernal was .99 - yes that is BEFORE 1.0). That's when slackware was loaded with 60 floppy disks!

evilsock

Reaction score
am i the only one that had MAJOR bugs?
1, phone dial pad, way off. the 0 is in place of #1, #1 in place of #2 and so on.
2, every time i hang up, the signal drops off completly to the point it shows the red circle with slash through it comes on over signal bars.
3, every boot up takes 3 to 4 min
many more bugs, i tried the DL on MDW and the mirror. both same thing, and i even tried the blackhat app and same result
what gives?

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
1, phone dial pad, way off. the 0 is in place of #1, #1 in place of #2 and so on.
2, every time i hang up, the signal drops off completly to the point it shows the red circle with slash through it comes on over signal bars.
many more bugs, i tried the DL on MDW and the mirror. both same thing, and i even tried the blackhat app and same result
what gives?

Wow, I would suggest another wipe of data and cache.

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
Thanks to both of you for not letting me give up. I was already talking to my phone person at work about how much to get a new phone!

PC - not running MAC. I was running windows 7 here at work but for some reason the "Start" for flashing was disabled although it saw the device. I used the Linux method and that worked for me after a few pitfalls :)

Anyway, phone is now restoring from my backup from yesterday so I should soon be at a place that I was yesterday right before adding that update in this thread.

Redflea - One of the reasons i wanted to run this update was I saw your post yesterday asking if anyone could check to see if it fixed their exchange PIN sync bug. I was having that bug so I wanted to check. Have you heard yet if it does?

Thanks again guys and to this community. It reminds me so much of the Linux community I was a big part of many years ago (started linux when kernal was .99 - yes that is BEFORE 1.0). That's when slackware was loaded with 60 floppy disks!

Regarding the PIN bug...no, I haven't heard from anyone yet on that. As noted, since my company does require a PIN I couldn't check it myself.

I am slightly optimistic that the fix is in this release, given some discussion I've seen on the Moto board, but you never know.

And in response to evilsock, no, I didn't have any of those issues...more than likely you'd need to do a /System wipe as a part of install, and/or a data/cache wipe, to clear up whatever bytes are getting crossed up.

I'm actually back to 2.2.20 w/928Droid's Black Glass theme, as I just missed that theme too much. I am awaiting his updated theme incorporating the 2.3.15 release bits...that might be a good option for some of you if you want 2.3.15 goodies (whatever they may be) and also want a theme that looks slicker than batsh*t. :D

Bishang

Reaction score
I've noticed that my text messages don't stay in chronological order, like a thread with a new message will show under an older thread, and a bootup doesn't seem to fix it. Also tried going into settings and clearing the data and it didn't help.

After figuring out some more, what it seems like it's doing is receiving new messages under all the threads whose latest text within them is one that I had sent.

This bug, which I hope is one, is really annoying.

Last edited:

patchm00

Reaction score
I'm actually back to 2.2.20 w/928Droid's Black Glass theme, as I just missed that theme too much. I am awaiting his updated theme incorporating the 2.3.15 release bits...that might be a good option for some of you if you want 2.3.15 goodies (whatever they may be) and also want a theme that looks slicker than batsh*t. :D

Red - so you just made a backup of the 928 theme with CW before you upgraded to that patch and restored back to it from CW or are you doing something else?

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score

Red - so you just made a backup of the 928 theme with CW before you upgraded to that patch and restored back to it from CW or are you doing something else?

Yeah...I've learned (the hard way) - I make a backup before pretty much any change to my phone, especially ROM/theming, and also make a backup when I feel I have a particularly good setup...using ROM Manager you can easily name them clearly - so I went back to my "928Droid-r2Theme-B4-2.3.15" backup. :)

AngDroid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
what gives?

Make sure all of your odex files are deleted...thats whats causing problem with dialer.

adb shell
su
stop
mount -o rw,remount -t ext3 /dev/block/mmcblk1p21 /system
rm /system/app/*.odex
rm /system/framework/*.odex
mount -o ro,remount -t ext3 /dev/block/mmcblk1p21 /system
reboot

patchm00

Reaction score
Regarding the PIN bug...no, I haven't heard from anyone yet on that. As noted, since my company does require a PIN I couldn't check it myself.

I am slightly optimistic that the fix is in this release, given some discussion I've seen on the Moto board, but you never know.

OK I uploaded successfully and have 2 things to say right off the bat:

1. I didn't have any of my apps/settings which I thought it was going to keep (I did verify the new version in About Phone settings) and I see the unlock swipe which is higher and much nicer
2. PIN bug is not fixed for me with this update thus I will be reverting back to previous. As soon as I added corp.sync account it asked to create PIN and when I go into security settings the "NONE" is disabled :(

Last edited: