MDW and TBH present 2.4.0 (R2D2) for the Droid 2

chrstdvd

Reaction score
I have 6 tabs opened right now studying this R2D2, ("is it a ROM or operating system?) and I am so confused, I have a head ache. I did download the R2D2 zip and I could follow the instructions to install it. I started at MotaBoy post on this forum and read every reply. I was confused because he kept asking if, so and so, followed the instructions exactly. I kept saying what instructions. Then I clicked the link to My Droid World and there were the instructions.

So, being a total newbie, I decided, I can not use MotaBoy's ROM until I install the R2D2 file that is in my Download folder now. I did walk through the instructions for through step 4 of the mydroidworld site to see if my Droid 2 bootstrapper was what they were talking about. I think it is.

I wonder if it would hurt anything to execute instruction 5 (which says not to, unless the process does not work the first time), on my first go around.

Step 10. is confusing. Does "re-do" mean to run the app, Droid 2 Bootstrapper and then reboot from within it?

Before I do this, I have two back ups with the bootstrapper. One to stock, and the other is the deoxed version. Can those files be renamed and still work, if I need to use one of them? I want to name one Stock and the other Deoxed.

Suppose I get 2.4 installed and running. Then do I download MotaBoy's ROM and install it to get rid of the R2D2 stuff?

If so:,
1. Boot into recovery
2. Mount system
3. Install zip file from SD Card
4. Select MotaBoy_Black_Bar_VZW_2.40.zip
5. Install and Reboot

1. means load the bootstraper?
2. means mount the same way I did to install the original?
3., 4. and 5. mean is install from S\D card the same way I did in the original?

I will now hit the big red X and save all these tabs until, I have a fresh brain in the morning and then I'm gona do it.

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
Don't do anything....wait until Motaboy updates his thread in the ROMs section for the 2.4.5 release.

Then just follow the install instructions in that thread, don't make any other changes or install any other ROMs.

Keep it simple... :)

chrstdvd

Reaction score
Don't do anything....wait until Motaboy updates his thread in the ROMs section for the 2.4.5 release.

Then just follow the install instructions in that thread, don't make any other changes or install any other ROMs.

Keep it simple... :)

OK, Thanks, I'll watch for it.