Droid 2 2..3.1.5 update

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
Crap, my USB Debugging won't activate when I connect to USB :( FML..

Works fine for me, haven't had any issues w/that yet that I've seen. You might have to wipe data to see if that clears anything up...

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
I think that something happened during my download to corrupt the file. So I deleted the file off my sdcard and tried it again and this time formatted the system. Now if he is sure it installed cleanly then you right, no need to do that step

Ah, yes, didn't think of that, makes sense.

Last edited:

Bishang

Reaction score
Crap, my USB Debugging won't activate when I connect to USB :( FML..

Works fine for me, haven't had any issues w/that yet that I've seen. You might have to wipe data to see if that clears anything up...
Maybe something effed up because I had "format /system" while the system was mounted as apposed to unmounted.. did steps backwards :(

Bishang

Reaction score
There isn't an issue with the dialer now.. but the touch screen is finikie and I can't get it to unroot again to retry the process or just use my nandroid backup.

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
There isn't an issue with the dialer now.. but the touch screen is finikie and I can't get it to unroot again to retry the process or just use my nandroid backup.

You've done a battery pull and factory reset? I'd definitely do those before an SBF... Settings>Privacy>Factory Reset - clears all data/apps from device (doesn't touch SD card).

What do you mean that you can't get it to unroot again?

Bishang

Reaction score

You've done a battery pull and factory reset? I'd definitely do those before an SBF... Settings>Privacy>Factory Reset - clears all data/apps from device (doesn't touch SD card).

What do you mean that you can't get it to unroot again?
Oops, I meant I can't get it to root again. Will the Factory Reset take it to how it was when I first bought it?

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
ima let redflea continue helping you so you just have one voice talking. I am going to see if I can get patch000 up and running.

Bishang

Reaction score
FTW, Factory Reset worked. I think I'll just run stock until the OTA update and then root it.. lol.

slowtype

Reaction score
Redflea said:
Camera works fine for me...you can try clearing data/cache for camera in Settings>Applications>Manage>all apps.

Go to Settings>About and you should see System Version = 2.3.15.

If problems persist, you may have to reinstall and include the /System wipe step, if you didn't the first time.

slowtype said:
Looks like the update did take.

I tried to clear the camera cache but all the buttons in the camera menu were grayed out.

I did not back up. Oops.

So just do the install again from Clockwork recovery, this time wipe system...you'll be fine.

And in the future, always make backups! :)

Thanks.

It worked.

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
FTW, Factory Reset worked. I think I'll just run stock until the OTA update and then root it.. lol.

LOL...factory reset didn't change any of the software, you're still on 2.3.15 if Factory Reset is all you did. :)

Factory Reset only removes all apps/settings/data you have on the phone (SD card is not touched).

So all you did is clear off all your stuff - the update (assuming it was applied successfully) is still there.

Check Settings>About and see what it says for System Version...likely it's 2.3.15 so you do have the update and a working phone. :)

Check to see if you still have root...open the Terminal program and type "su" and press enter...what happens?