Droid 2 2..3.1.5 update

AngDroid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
If the new ota is blocking sbf files I may never update using an ota again.

On the Droid X the update loads something new and if you SBF back to 2.1 it can brick your phone if you have the 2.2 OTA update for the Droid X. I just read that somewhere...might have been MDW.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
its was on mdw and droidlife. But we will prob have a new sbf for dx soon.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Everything loaded and complete. So far everything seem to be good to go. I have not noticed any difference.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

AngDroid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Everything loaded and complete. So far everything seem to be good to go. I have not noticed any difference.

The lock screen is a bit different :)

I am happy with it so far too and wonder if it is the real OTA. Same version number as the DX so it just might be...

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah....lock screen has a nice update - the lock swipe has been moved up about 1/2"...like it.

Also appears that the problem w/contacts w/facebook links not showing a phone number has been fiexed as well...can anyone confirm?

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
If the new ota is blocking sbf files I may never update using an ota again.

On the Droid X the update loads something new and if you SBF back to 2.1 it can brick your phone if you have the 2.2 OTA update for the Droid X. I just read that somewhere...might have been MDW.

Interesting...anyone know if this update does the same <eek!>. ;)

I haven't used SBF on my D2 at all yet...

One difference is that we have a 2.2 SBF rather than a 2.1.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Well we should be able to flash our nandroid backup.

patchm00

Reaction score
So since you have to wipe this is a factory reset and you lose all your settings and your apps huh?..and root?

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yes, but apps and settings are restored automatically after the install is complete...you'll just need to re-setup your email accounts.

patchm00

Reaction score
Eeks, something didn't work. I followed instructions but when it booted it was not upgraded from what I can tell. Now that I've messed around more I get stuck at the M logo. I tried hard resetting (hold x when start, click on magnifying glass and wipe/restore factory) and that didnt work. What can I do?

thanks

slowtype

Reaction score
whats an easy way to tell if the update took?

Also, since I did this my camera no longer works. Click the camera app and nothing happens.

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
I assume/hope you made a backup before flashing this update?

If so, I'd suggest you restore your backup and try again...if you didn't wipe your /System as a part of the install do it the second time.

If you did not make a backup before doing the update (a mistake I'll warrant you'll never make again, if you did :) ), and you are unable to boot up at all:

1. Load Clockwork Recovery:

- Boot into stock recovery by holding X while powering up
- Hit the magnifying glass on the keyboard to open recovery menu
- Highlight reboot and hit "ok" on the keyboard
- When you get the "M" screen pull the battery
- Power back up and it will go to Clockwork recovery

2. Do a backup of your current messed up state...this is a "just-in-case" what-the-heck backup, but having it might be useful at some point if problems persist.

3. Follow the instructions to install the 2.3.15 update, make sure you include the step to wipe system. Also wipe data/cache again before you install.

Boot up - it should come up fine and all your apps/settings should be restored. You'll have to setup your email accounts again.

Let us know what happens.

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
whats an easy way to tell if the update took?

Also, since I did this my camera no longer works. Click the camera app and nothing happens.

Camera works fine for me...you can try clearing data/cache for camera in Settings>Applications>Manage>all apps.

Go to Settings>About and you should see System Version = 2.3.15.

If problems persist, you may have to reinstall and include the /System wipe step, if you didn't the first time.

Bishang

Reaction score
When I updated it messed up the Dialer, gonna try again doing the formatting step this time..

patchm00

Reaction score
I don't know if that was for me Redflea but I'm afraid I can't boot to anything other than the system recovery and to a stuck M logo :( I did make a backup right after rooting using clockwork but I'm afraid I may have wiped clockwork when I did a wipe/reset to system default or whatever. Now that's the only screen I can get to no matter when I pull the darn battery. I feel as if I've screwed my phone beyond fixing. If you can't get past the M logo stuck or the system recovery is there anything else to do?
Will Verizon be able to get past it and see it was rooted if I take it in?

Last edited: